Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: For everybody coming down on Rex Ryan lately.....a little food for thought.....

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    We don't suck wonderboy.. In 5 years if 6-10 was our worst yr with mark Sanchez was once again worst qb in the league I"ll take that.. Look around the league, teams with as bad as a qb as mark Sanchez are lucky if they win more than 3-4 games.. It does suck that geno has sucked as bad as Sanchez past few games.. But he is a rookie adjusting from college offense.. And he certainly isn't getting any help from line or receivers.. The only star he has on O is his OC and that poor guy can't even get anything going because the O has sucked so bad.. Ha Rex haters conspire Rex is in Marty's ear whispering " if you don't run the ball here I'm gonna knock you out" lol that's guys are ridiculous.. There is just zero talent on O, and the moron to blame for that is gone ( MT) funny again Rex haters want to blame him for that to ha. We are doing a good job considering, Izdik would need atleast two offseason a to fix this miss MT left.. He didn't have much cap last yr to work with thanks to crap contracts like Holmes/Sanchez.. I agree about geno, but a a rookie playing like garbage is much different than a 4 yr vet .. He showed some promising things early in season.. There will be competition for qb next yr. hopefully sign a vet and get a steal in 3rd round. If geno ****s bed that bad we should skyrocket up draft board and then maybe take 1 of the blue chip qbs.. Leone of you Rex haters are madden/fantasy players who just don't understand the importance of defense, and/or are just turned off by it.. We beat better teams in playoffs because of our defense.. We beat two of the top teams this yr because of our defense.. Ofcourse it needs help from the O, they can't constantly give ball right back and keep D on field entire game.. If Izdik can revamp the O, 1 decent qb for once! and patch up that bleeding secondary, this team will compete for a title shortly..


    And yet again the Sanchez lynch mob is out to blame all the Jets woes on our former Qb. Interestingly enough the lynch mob is setting it eyes pretty firmly on Geno these days. Why do we keep trying to blame everything on our QB's when the limiting factor on offense has been 1) Rex's influence on the make-up of the roster - ie ignore the offense . 2) Rex's mentality of playing close knit defensive battles and pining over the leather helmet G&P offensive approach. 3) His overall stubborness to adapt from way and his over usage of his "trusted" vets. Rex is the problem and until he's gone we'll struggle on offense , but hey maybe we can draft a third QB for him to ruin.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And yet again the Sanchez lynch mob is out to blame all the Jets woes on our former Qb. Interestingly enough the lynch mob is setting it eyes pretty firmly on Geno these days. Why do we keep trying to blame everything on our QB's when the limiting factor on offense has been 1) Rex's influence on the make-up of the roster - ie ignore the offense . 2) Rex's mentality of playing close knit defensive battles and pining over the leather helmet G&P offensive approach. 3) His overall stubborness to adapt from way and his over usage of his "trusted" vets. Rex is the problem and until he's gone we'll struggle on offense , but hey maybe we can draft a third QB for him to ruin.
    Are you suggesting Geno has been good?

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,252
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Are you suggesting Geno has been good?
    I think he means Sanchez and Geno would be Pro Bowlers if Rex wasn't the HC..

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Are you suggesting Geno has been good?
    No , he hasn't but just like with Sanchez if you lock the ball away and play ultra conserative , it just sets them up to fail even worse.
    Geno looked good early on - Why ??? Because they threw to open up the offense and back the defense off the LOS.
    But as soon as he comitted some bad turnovers , his HC panicked and used it as a convienent excuse to revert back to G&P.

    Add in the lack of attention to the skill positions on this team and our QB's are destined to fail, its really not hard to see, yet some want to keep exonerating Rex and pointing fingers all over the place but where it rightly belongs on the HC - um DC.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think he means Sanchez and Geno would be Pro Bowlers if Rex wasn't the HC..
    Yep exactly what I said - Pro Bowelers, HOF QB's - just Like our HOF Hc - um DC

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,252
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yep exactly what I said - Pro Bowelers, HOF QB's - just Like our HOF Hc - um DC
    Do you honestly think that no one on the board knows how much you hate Rex??

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Do you honestly think that no one on the board knows how much you hate Rex??
    Likewise, do you think any one on this board doesn't know how much much you love Rex - goes both ways.

    And for the record , I'd be fine if Rex was relegated to DC, but that's not happening , so he needs to fired.

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Do you honestly think that no one on the board knows how much you hate Rex??
    He may hate Rex, but he does make a valid argument about the offense this year.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Do you honestly think that no one on the board knows how much you hate Rex??
    Lol.. He hates Rex as much as he loves Sanchez which is why he hates Rex 100x more since giants pre season game

  10. #90
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,252
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Likewise, do you think any one on this board doesn't know how much much you love Rex - goes both ways.

    And for the record , I'd be fine if Rex was relegated to DC, but that's not happening , so he needs to fired.
    You know something I'm starting to lean that way because he needs to go to a team that has a QB that's why Tampa next season would be a great spot for him..

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No , he hasn't but just like with Sanchez if you lock the ball away and play ultra conserative , it just sets them up to fail even worse.
    Geno looked good early on - Why ??? Because they threw to open up the offense and back the defense off the LOS.
    But as soon as he comitted some bad turnovers , his HC panicked and used it as a convienent excuse to revert back to G&P.

    Add in the lack of attention to the skill positions on this team and our QB's are destined to fail, its really not hard to see, yet some want to keep exonerating Rex and pointing fingers all over the place but where it rightly belongs on the HC - um DC.
    Isn't the reason they locked up the ball because they have no faith in Geno's (or Sanchez's for that matter) ability to do a whole lot of anything other than turn the ball over?

    I would rather see them go down swinging and get killed too, than what we saw the past two weeks, but that doesn't let the poor play of the QB off the hook.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You know something I'm starting to lean that way because he needs to go to a team that has a QB that's why Tampa next season would be a great spot for him..
    Yeah Rex will do wonders for Mike Glennon

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yeah Rex will do wonders for Mike Glennon
    LOL..seriously.

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,252
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yeah Rex will do wonders for Mike Glennon
    See that's your problem you think Rex goes out of his way to screw up the QB's.. He would be happy as a clam if the O worked great and he didn't have to deal with it.. You don't mess with success and Rex never had a successful QB like that to mess with. BTW Freeman was sucking big time with Tampa did Greg Schiano have anything to do with that?? Did he have anything to do with Glennon not sucking?? Maybe Glennon happens to be a big improvement because he's a much better QB..

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    See that's your problem you think Rex goes out of his way to screw up the QB's.. He would be happy as a clam if the O worked great and he didn't have to deal with it.. You don't mess with success and Rex never had a successful QB like that to mess with. BTW Freeman was sucking big time with Tampa did Greg Schiano have anything to do with that?? Did he have anything to do with Glennon not sucking?? Maybe Glennon happens to be a big improvement because he's a much better QB..
    Lol don't waste your time man. As much as I respect 56 as a jet fan, it's impossible to have a impartial arguement when you have that much hate for Rex.. I don't get the Sanchez obsession though..

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    See that's your problem you think Rex goes out of his way to screw up the QB's.. He would be happy as a clam if the O worked great and he didn't have to deal with it.. You don't mess with success and Rex never had a successful QB like that to mess with. BTW Freeman was sucking big time with Tampa did Greg Schiano have anything to do with that?? Did he have anything to do with Glennon not sucking?? Maybe Glennon happens to be a big improvement because he's a much better QB..
    Well Schiano did bench his sucky QB. Something Rex doesn't seem to have the balls to do.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    See that's your problem you think Rex goes out of his way to screw up the QB's.. He would be happy as a clam if the O worked great and he didn't have to deal with it.. You don't mess with success and Rex never had a successful QB like that to mess with. BTW Freeman was sucking big time with Tampa did Greg Schiano have anything to do with that?? Did he have anything to do with Glennon not sucking?? Maybe Glennon happens to be a big improvement because he's a much better QB..
    First game with multiple turnovers and Doug Martin would be getting 30 carries. Rex is happy as a clam as long as games are 10-7 , 6-3 , when the points start going up on the scorebaord Rex is toast. I think Glennon is better than Freeman , but put Rex at HC and his stats go way down.

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol don't waste your time man. As much as I respect 56 as a jet fan, it's impossible to have a impartial arguement when you have that much hate for Rex.. I don't get the Sanchez obsession though..
    Actually I do.. Had Sanchez sat for a year I think he may have developed better then he did with his limited college experience. He regressed as his confidence waned and the offense lost better players then that replaced them. It not unheard of for QB's that played bad all of a sudden had that light come on.. The latest one plays for the Chiefs now but sucked in the beginning of his career.If only Favre would have stayed all this could have been avoided..LOL

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol don't waste your time man. As much as I respect 56 as a jet fan, it's impossible to have a impartial arguement when you have that much hate for Rex.. I don't get the Sanchez obsession though..
    And on the flipside you can't have an argument when according to many here Rex is treated as teflon. As far as Sanchez goes I was not a big fan of the draft pick but like Geno he was who our FO chose , what has pissed me off to no end is the abject hate Sanchez drew here 1) because he modeled and dated hot chicks 2) because his FO, and HC hung him out to dry, the guy took a beating for this team yet by all accords was a true team player.

  20. #100
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,252
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    First game with multiple turnovers and Doug Martin would be getting 30 carries. Rex is happy as a clam as long as games are 10-7 , 6-3 , when the points start going up on the scorebaord Rex is toast. I think Glennon is better than Freeman , but put Rex at HC and his stats go way down.
    Talking football with you now is like trying to convince a Klan member everyone is equal.. Your idea's are based on Rex hatred and not facts so I wish you well have a great day..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us