Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 105 of 105

Thread: For everybody coming down on Rex Ryan lately.....a little food for thought.....

  1. #101
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Talking football with you now is like trying to convince a Klan member everyone is equal.. Your idea's are based on Rex hatred and not facts so I wish you well have a great day..
    And that makes me different than those who openly blame Woody, MT, Our skill players etc.. Rex is a big part of this team and the target is on his back - let's see how he handles the pressure.

  2. #102
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And on the flipside you can't have an argument when according to many here Rex is treated as teflon. As far as Sanchez goes I was not a big fan of the draft pick but like Geno he was who our FO chose , what has pissed me off to no end is the abject hate Sanchez drew here 1) because he modeled and dated hot chicks 2) because his FO, and HC hung him out to dry, the guy took a beating for this team yet by all accords was a true team player.
    Well that's where your wrong again.. I'm extremely unbiased. My handle is proof.. When I joined here a yr ago and left a ****ty jet fan page and came here..I couldn't stand that Rex was letting entire season go to waste with his unconditional loyalty to such a horrible qb. " mark gives us best chance to win " bs drove me nuts. Cleansweep2013 was meant for 2013 rid jets of MT/Rex/Sanchez my definition of a " cleansweep" in 2013. But when Rex finally put in McElroy, not the Arizona game where he only had to make 2 passes.. But in charger game I saw why Rex kept saying mark gave us best chance to win. McElroy was 10x smarter with football than mark but his arm was worse than a high schooler.. And thankfully Rex didn't even try tebow but he couldn't have been worse.. I realized I was wrong, Sanchez was our only option.. And that's MTs fault for never giving Rex a decent backup in 4yrs.. Mt tied himself to mark his big franchise pick, giving him that unwarranted extension made him untouchable.. I gave Sanchez a break his first two years because he was young coming out, and had only played 1 yr. by yr 3 no more excuses.. He is a terrible qb. And that is no fault but his own.. News flash, most top picked qbs get drafted to worst team in league, they overcome.. Happens every yr.. Mark got to jump on the back of a vet team with great line, great run game so Ds didn't have to always key on qb, and had a dominant D. When was last time a qb walked into such a ready to win team? Not often..
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 11-29-2013 at 02:49 PM.

  3. #103
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Well that's where your wrong again.. I'm extremely unbiased. My handle is proof.. When I joined here a yr ago and left a ****ty jet fan page and came here..I couldn't stand that Rex was letting entire season go to waste with his unconditional loyalty to such a horrible qb. " mark gives us best chance to win " bs drove me nuts. Cleansweep2013 was meant for 2013 rid jets of MT/Rex/Sanchez my definition of a " cleansweep" in 2013. But when Rex finally put in McElroy, not the Arizona game where he only had to make 2 passes.. But in charger game I saw why Rex kept saying mark gave us best chance to win. McElroy was 10x smarter with football than mark but his arm was worse than a high schooler.. And thankfully Rex didn't even try tebow but he couldn't have been worse.. I realized I was wrong, Sanchez was our only option.. And that's MTs fault for never giving Rex a decent backup in 4yrs.. Mt tied himself to mark his big franchise pick, giving him that unwarranted extension made him untouchable.. I gave Sanchez a break his first two years because he was young coming out, and had only played 1 yr. by yr 3 no more excuses.. He is a terrible qb. And that is no fault but his own.. News flash, most top picked qbs get drafted to worst team in league, they overcome.. Happens every yr.. Mark got to jump on the back of a vet team with great line, great run game so Ds didn't have to always key on qb, and had a dominant D. When was last time a qb walked into such a ready to win team? Not often..
    No , not really McElroy played the offense the way Sparano and Rex wanted it run, if your first read was not open eat the ball and he did that what 11 times that game, Rex was happy with that , let's punt and play D. Sanchez got into trouble because he tried to make plays , he forced passes , he didn't just simply sit back and take sack after sack as the offense dictated. Its the system that has put all our Qb's into a disadvantage. I hoped and thought it would change with MM this year, we saw signs in the pre-season and early on which meant the change in offensive philosophy was making a difference. Then the turnovers started and ............

  4. #104
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No , not really McElroy played the offense the way Sparano and Rex wanted it run, if your first read was not open eat the ball and he did that what 11 times that game, Rex was happy with that , let's punt and play D. Sanchez got into trouble because he tried to make plays , he forced passes , he didn't just simply sit back and take sack after sack as the offense dictated. Its the system that has put all our Qb's into a disadvantage. I hoped and thought it would change with MM this year, we saw signs in the pre-season and early on which meant the change in offensive philosophy was making a difference. Then the turnovers started and ............
    Haha see this is where you blind hate for Rex, and blind love for mark makes you lose all credibility.. Throwing the ball out of bounds on 3rd down is a smart thing as opposed to throwing a int that generates either terrible field position or worse a pick 6 - Sanchez speciality.. He always did more harm than good forcing plays, he is not Brett farve.. And you say Rex wanted him to eat it? Sure.. Every OC HC in league would rather qb throw it away than risk pick 6.. You comment how great Marty / lee are well if you want I will dig up a month old or so article about David lee and geno smith.. Lee is quoted saying " I try to drill in geno's head constantly if there is no play throw it away " yes he said that.. Wait Rex told him to say that right? Lol.. It's ok to risk it deep it's essentially a int punt, but the great Sanchez would check down and throw a 6 yard pass for a pick or pick 6.. He was fing horrible..

  5. #105
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Haha see this is where you blind hate for Rex, and blind love for mark makes you lose all credibility.. Throwing the ball out of bounds on 3rd down is a smart thing as opposed to throwing a int that generates either terrible field position or worse a pick 6 - Sanchez speciality.. He always did more harm than good forcing plays, he is not Brett farve.. And you say Rex wanted him to eat it? Sure.. Every OC HC in league would rather qb throw it away than risk pick 6.. You comment how great Marty / lee are well if you want I will dig up a month old or so article about David lee and geno smith.. Lee is quoted saying " I try to drill in geno's head constantly if there is no play throw it away " yes he said that.. Wait Rex told him to say that right? Lol.. It's ok to risk it deep it's essentially a int punt, but the great Sanchez would check down and throw a 6 yard pass for a pick or pick 6.. He was fing horrible..
    And this is where your blind hate for Sanchez doesn't let you truly be objective. In Rex/Sparano's offense it was noted players would not have options on their routes , the Qb's were told to throw to a spot whether or not the reciever was there. That offensive philosophy coupled with the skill players they had on O wouldn't stand up to a pee-wee football program. The plan was fraught with inepititude and Sanchez tried to survive any way he could , including forcing passes.

    Sure its ok to throw away a ball to avoid a sack/int but when it becomes a part of your regular offensive strategy it stinks of Rex. Bottom line keep up your good fight protecting Rex , I 'll be here trying to dispel all the coachspeek, rhetoric and preservation that's coming out of Florham Park.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us