Thread: Who to root for Steelers vs Ravens?

Who to root for Steelers vs Ravens?

Since we can't have both teams lose...who do we root for in this one? Thanks

Anyone? Any theories here...?

Both teams beat us head to head. Both teams are 5-6.

But Pitt plays the fish next week and the Browns at the end of the season. The Ravens don't play any other potential AFC Wild Card teams the rest of the season.

So i would say root for the Ravens.

I would root for the team with the hardest schedule for the remainder of the season, the Ravens.

All Pro
    I also think the Ravens have the tougher schedule the rest of the way -- they still go to Detroit and Cincy and have NE at home. I think we are a little bit better off with a Ravens win, but if we dont start to play better, it ain't gonna matter.

Ok-sounds good to me.

A tie would be an early Xmas gift. Other then that it's a difficult root. I would lean towards the ravens as they have a slightly harder schedule then Pitts after tonight.

I'd have to really do some serious plunking around in the Playoff machine to find out for sure.

Ravens remaining games:
    Vikings
    Lions
    Patriots
    Bengals

Steelers remaining games:
    Dolphins
    Bengals
    Packers
    Browns

Based on that, at least, I think you want the Ravens to win because I can see them losing 3 of their remaining 4 but I could see the Steelers splitting their remaining games.

Thanks for the input-I'm going Ravens with the hope that both QB's get injured-not career ending but enough to send them away for the season. And Lithfan is right-if the Jets don't get their act together immediately-then it doesn't matter...

Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Thanks for the input-I'm going Ravens with the hope that both QB's get injured-not career ending but enough to send them away for the season. And Lithfan is right-if the Jets don't get their act together immediately-then it doesn't matter...
    I really think we beat MIA on Sunday. Our D will shut down Miami, crowd will be a factor, and we pull out our easiest win of the season. - after that, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDarkmoor View Post
    I really think we beat MIA on Sunday. Our D will shut down Miami, crowd will be a factor, and we pull out our easiest win of the season. - after that, who knows.
    I'm a Jets fan on Sunday, btw. Dolphins overpaid for one-trick-pony Wallace and I want their season to crash and burn around their ears after all the preseason hype. I hope the Jets play aggressive on the line and expose what weakening your OL to get Wallace does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I'm a Jets fan on Sunday, btw.
    We don't give a ****.

We root for Ravens based on they could lose three of last four and will probably lose at least two. Steelers might lose one. We have the easiest schedule of any wildcard contender, but we are also the worst team. I will keep the hope alive unless they lose two more or decide to not show up for another.

did you just see what Tomlin did???

Jets got penalized for it, the ref was right there!!!

i know i saw it too. .. Bull****
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post

Yup, if that was Rex the outrage would be terrible. But because it's Tomlin it's "just good hard football and a guy doing whatever it takes to win and a class organization from top to bottom." Love how Michaels and Collinsworth just laughed it off too.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDarkmoor View Post
    that's funny. ... the Tannehill-Wallace connection. ... Wallace will have at least 2 TDs.

Makes no difference. We aren't going to sniff the playoffs. Lucky to win 2 games the rest of the way. Have you seen the offense play the past month? LOL. Teams have figured out that Geno and MM can't do anything when blitzed/pressured. Raiders are the only team we play the rest of the way without a really good D and pass rush, and the Raiders looked pretty damn good yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    We don't give a ****.
    Hey, he's the one tolerable Pattycake fan that we have around here these days.

So show some respect or suck on my internet tough guy FIST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    that's funny. ... the Tannehill-Wallace connection. ... Wallace will have at least 2 TDs.
    Well that would equal his total for the year!! That's a really dangerous connection!! PLEASE!!