Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets got penalized for the same ting Tomlin did and the ref was right there

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    You really want to fine some old dude who is making 70K a year as a ref for messing up?
    Yes. Do your job right, or move over and let someone else do it correctly.

Just because you're old, doesn't mean you get a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    They kind of are. They are graded on each game and only the best (for lack of a better word) crews get to officiate in the post season.
    Not everyone wants to ref in the post season. Hit them in their wallets, and you'll see the calls go right more often than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Most of those old dudes are wealthy men already but are football control freaks..
    You honestly believe that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You honestly believe that?
    Most of them were successful businessmen. Ed Hochuli net worth: Apart from being an attorney at the Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, P.L.C., Ed Hochuli is a football official at the National Football League. As of 2012, Ed Hochuli’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
    Last edited by Savage69; 11-29-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Most of them were successful businessmen men. Ed Hochuli net worth: Apart from being an attorney at the Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, P.L.C., Ed Hochuli is a football official at the National Football League. As of 2012, Ed Hochuli’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
    That's why if they botch a playoff game, a hefty fine would send a message to all the refs, and I bet you almost every strange call would go the right way. Control freaks wouldn't want to do it if you kept fining people for making the calls THEY THINK are correct, over the correct calls.

Let's not forget - and it happens everywhere - that people are human, and more often than not there's an underlying agenda. I'm not talking about conspiracy, rigging games, etc (although that's possible), I'm just talking about "I'm making the call here. I know better."

Let's put their assets in escrow during games and if they fuchk it up during the game, they forfeit some of that wealth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Let's put their assets in escrow during games and if they fuchk it up during the game, they forfeit some of that wealth.
    You would get better results if you did that with players..

You would get better results if you did that with players..
    Ha.

All I'm saying is that if referees were subject to the same kinds of fines that the players were, there would be less ridiculous calls/non-calls, and reviewable plays would ultimately become easier no-brainers, minus those that have really strange rules that need to be abided by.

Yes. Do your job right, or move over and let someone else do it correctly.

Just because you're old, doesn't mean you get a free pass.
    Eh it's not about the age it's about fining some dude making a middle class income.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Eh i[B]t's not about the age it's about fining some dude making a middle class income
    Do you think being a Ref 1 day a week is all they do?? They all have other jobs or retired early on big retirement pay.. This from the NFL site.. The pay rate for NFL officials ranges from $25,000 per season to $70,000 per season, Senior officials get higher salaries than less experienced officials. Because they only work a few months out of the year, that income is often supplemented by the referee's "day job."

All League
    The NFL is becoming the NBA, soft and fake

Do you think being a Ref 1 day a week is all they do?? They all have other jobs or retired early on big retirement pay.. This from the NFL site.. The pay rate for NFL officials ranges from $25,000 per season to $70,000 per season, Senior officials get higher salaries than less experienced officials. Because they only work a few months out of the year, that income is often supplemented by the referee's "day job."
    No, I've seen the same **** about Guns working in some cubicle farm we all have. That doesn't make me feel any better about fining the guy. It makes me feel worse. If you think we should be taking money from refs over bad calls I mean, I don't even know what to say other than read some Steinbeck or something. Maybe I'm just some dumb member of the proletariat but in a game of billions with players playing for millions I think the last people who should be getting ****ing fined are the refs.

Fire them if they're doing a bad job, but they already do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The runner would have returned the ball all the way for a TD had it not been for Tomlin.

Good play. Does he get credit for a special teams tackle, too?
    You racist you...

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It all goes back to the Jets reputation from the Sal Alosi incident. We are never going to get the benefit of the doubt after that. After this neither will the Steelers.
    Maybe, but that doesn't explain some of the other BS non-calls lately. Suggs took a cheap shot on Geno last week and hit him late on another play, but no call. Someone went for Geno's knees (can't remember if that was in Baltimore or Buffalo) right in front of the ref and no call.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Does anyone think the Jets would have won the game if that penalty wasn't called? The call we got at the end of the Pats game we won comes to mind. Sounds like whining for the sake of it ...
    No definitely not, and no on stated that. As fans we want consistency for all teams. The penalty during the Pats game was a penalty that was flagged, this incident with Tomlin was breaking a rule and wasnt flagged, there's a big difference.

Hall Of Fame
    Most of them were successful businessmen. Ed Hochuli net worth: Apart from being an attorney at the Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, P.L.C., Ed Hochuli is a football official at the National Football League. As of 2012, Ed Hochuli’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
    How do you know MOST of them were successful businessmen? They actually are not. Some have decent jobs during the week but the vast majority are not millionaires like Hochuli.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    The NFL is becoming the NBA, soft and fake
    Ahh now it's my Ex's boobs that I'm reminded of..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How do you know MOST of them were successful businessmen? They actually are not. Some have decent jobs during the week but the vast majority are not millionaires like Hochuli.
    CBS did a feature on Refs some years ago and they had Lawyers,Doctors,Biz owners etc among that group.. How many young refs under 40 do you ever see?? None of them are average joe's and that was my point..

Hall Of Fame
    CBS did a feature on Refs some years ago and they had Lawyers,Doctors,Biz owners etc among that group.. How many young refs under 40 do you ever see?? None of them are average joe's and that was my point..
    You are so wrong. Some are teachers, insurance salesmen, and middle management type guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are so wrong. Some are teachers, insurance salesmen, and middle management type guys.
    It's really irrelevant.

It's about integrity of the NFL and the sport of professional football and that has no age or income limit.

Everyone should be held accountable.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 11-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.