Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets got penalized for the same ting Tomlin did and the ref was right there

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    It's really irrelevant.

It's about integrity of the NFL and the sport of professional football and that has no age or income limit.
    I agree, I was just pointing out that these refs are not all millionaires, doctors and lawyers.

It's really irrelevant.

It's about integrity of the NFL and the sport of professional football and that has no age or income limit.

Everyone should be held accountable.
    It's relevant to the idea of taking money out of their paychecks because they missed a call.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    The NFL is becoming the NBA, soft and fake
    + more than I can count ... The conspiracy theorist inside me thinks their income is supplemented by he highest paying owner (Kraft)

Hall Of Fame
    Yep, I saw it and Tomlin's offense was actually much more deliberate then anything the Jets did and yet no flag was thrown.

Imagine that......

The NFL needs to do a much better job of establishing consistency in their officiating crews.

Too many of these officials get away with letting their personal feelings influence the outcome of games and it really tarnishes the integrity of the NFL - in my opinion. Hopefully Roger Goodell is actually paying attention.
    agreed. That smirk on Tomlin's face told a story! I hope that the NFL fines the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are so wrong. Some are teachers, insurance salesmen, and middle management type guys.
    My brother-in-law was a insurance salesman and made between 200-250 thousand a year a avg joe to me isn't a guy that can take off Sunday,Thursday,Monday or whenever the game is.. But lets go with your idea which of the Refs is a teacher and where??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    My brother-in-law was a insurance salesman and made between 200-250 thousand a year a avg joe to me isn't a guy that can take off Sunday,Thursday,Monday or whenever the game is.. But lets go with your idea which of the Refs is a teacher and where??
    Tommy Hill, he is a back judge on Ron Winter's crew. I know him personally and have played golf with him a dozen times over the last few years. He was a golf coach at a high school near where I live. He is more of the norm than guys who are millionaires and making 200k a year in another career. We talked about this when they were on strike negotiating their new deal. So again, all of these guys are not making hundreds of thousands of dollars in their other careers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    It's relevant to the idea of taking money out of their paychecks because they missed a call.
    That's called incentive to do your job properly.

If a cashier's (who makes a hell of alot less then these officials) cash drawer comes up short, even if it's an honest mistake, what happens?

At worst they are fired and totally lose their source of income and could possibly be arrested on top of that depending on how much money they are short. If they are lucky, they will just have to make up the shortage out of their pocket.

Your logic & your sympathy for the officials is absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 11-29-2013 at 02:21 PM.

All League
    If a cashier's (who makes a hell of alot less then these officials) cash drawer comes up short what happens?
    I'd say it depends on how big her boobs are...
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 11-29-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Tommy Hill, he is a back judge on Ron Winter's crew. I know him personally and have played golf with him a dozen times over the last few years. He was a golf coach at a high school near where I live. He is more of the norm than guys who are millionaires and making 200k a year in another career. We talked about this when they were on strike negotiating their new deal. So again, all of these guys are not making hundreds of thousands of dollars in their other careers.
    Was a Golf coach but he's retired now correct?? That is what I mean the vast majority of Refs have income from retirement or other jobs that they still make money from.. I didn't mean they are ALL millionaires.. Lets put it this way if they weren't refs they wouldn't be homeless now would they??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's called incentive to do your job properly.

If a cashier's (who makes a hell of alot less then these officials) cash drawer comes up short, even if it's an honest mistake, what happens?

Who other then Kerry would want a BJ from a Ref??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'd say it depends on how big her boob are...
    I had to laugh at that one.....but, I never made a reference to gender.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Eh it's not about the age it's about fining some dude making a middle class income.

John's point still stands. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business, nothing less. You're coming off extremely naive.

Hall Of Fame
    Was a Golf coach but he's retired now correct?? That is what I mean the vast majority of Refs have income from retirement or other jobs that they still make money from.. I didn't mean they are ALL millionaires.. Lets put it this way if they weren't refs they wouldn't be homeless now would they??
    LOL..nice back track from your statement that none of them are "average Joe's".
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 11-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LOL..nice back track from your statement that none of them are "average Joe's".
    I don't think your friend is a avg joe last time I looked teachers get paid pretty well and I bet he wasn't a Ref until he retired correct??

Hall Of Fame
    I don't think your friend is a avg joe last time I looked teachers get paid pretty well and I bet he wasn't a Ref until he retired correct??
    LOl....wrong again. Plus there are other refs who are teachers right now. There are guys who work for UPS and Fed EX as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LOl....wrong again. Plus there are other refs who are teachers right now. There are guys who work for UPS and Fed EX as well.
    Well then CBS and I have been wrong and most Ref's are avg Joe's just struggling to get by.. Question for you though how come all the ref's seem to be older how come you don't see any Refs in their late 20's or 30's ??

Hall Of Fame
    Well then CBS and I have been wrong and most Ref's are avg Joe's just struggling to get by.. Question for you though how come all the ref's seem to be older how come you don't see any Refs in their late 20's or 30's ??
    Thats because it isnt easy to become a ref in the NFL. You have to work your way up from high school to college to the pro's. Even with in college you have to go through D3 to D2 to D1 and by the time that happens these guys are in their late 30s.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Thats because it isnt easy to become a ref in the NFL. You have to work your way up from high school to college to the pro's. Even with in college you have to go through D3 to D2 to D1 and by the time that happens these guys are in their late 30s.
    Some other quotes from around the Net of the avg joe's...

What is the average salary for an NFL ref?
    1 year ago

ANSWERS

4 years ago

The average salary of an NFL ref is $25,000-$70,000 per year. NFL ref's all have other jobs, though...many are lawyers.

- See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-....GIDJxWlB.dpuf

The NFL referees only work on Sundays. It is obviously mandatory that some of them work somewhere else on other days of the week. The salary range for an NFL referee will vary between $25,000 to $70,000. NFL referees also work as entrepreneurs, inventors, dentists and farmers. http://www.therichest.com/sports/nfl-referee/

Hall Of Fame
    Some other quotes from around the Net of the avg joe's...

What is the average salary for an NFL ref?
    1 year ago

ANSWERS

4 years ago

The average salary of an NFL ref is $25,000-$70,000 per year. NFL ref's all have other jobs, though...many are lawyers.

- See more at: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-....GIDJxWlB.dpuf

The NFL referees only work on Sundays. It is obviously mandatory that some of them work somewhere else on other days of the week. The salary range for an NFL referee will vary between $25,000 to $70,000. NFL referees also work as entrepreneurs, inventors, dentists and farmers. http://www.therichest.com/sports/nfl-referee/
    LOL...did you just reference ChaCha.com as a source...LOL.

Again, I dont know what argument you are trying to make. Your original statement that NONE of the refs are average Joe's is just wrong. You acted like a smart a$$ and asked for proof for an example and I gave you some. Not from some irrelevant web site but from an ACTUAL NFL Ref who I know personally. Its OK, sometimes you can admit you were wrong and next time dont act like an a$$ when someone tries to correct you.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    John's point still stands. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business, nothing less. You're coming off extremely naive.
    Just because tinfoil hat types want to ascribe to conspiracy what is actually just the average human's capacity for error doesn't make me naive. Thinking that docking some guy for missing a holding play is either fair or the solution is retarded.

The only thing that will fix ref errors, or at least significantly diminish them, is more technology like ****ing lasers and **** for determining ball placement and 22 booth officials monitoring each monitoring a player for penalties, possession and field position. Which would be a ****ty game to watch. But it'd be better than $50 fine every time a ref who is trying to watch several things at once misses a call or makes the wrong call since they don't have the benefit of omniscience like every fan of the NFL.

What jobs are you people working, in 2013, where people are docking your pay that you advocate some sort of libertarian plutocratic dystopian nitemare.