Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jets got penalized for the same ting Tomlin did and the ref was right there

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I have said it time and time again... the Jets get the shaft more than any other team. Its nothing new... it has been going on as long as I've been a Jets fan watching games, and I suspect it was going on before then (late-70s/early 1980s were my earliest memories of watching Jets games). It's a recurring nightmare with the same exact scenarios playing out... key players get hurt, good coaches leave or get fired too soon, bad coaches never leave and have to get fired, highly-touted college QBs get KILLED and discarded, crucial, pivotal calls go against us 9 out of 10 times, just when the team begins to show promise, a tragedy (career-threatening injury, horrid turnover, and/or game-costing bad calls) destroys he team momentum, playoff chances, and kills us... it never ends. No matter the talent or coaches. Same things happen over and over. And over. And the refs screwing us is one of the many things that kill us EVERY single year.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I wish they would fine you for your posting.
    They can't without using ****ing lasers and ****.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    They can't without using ****ing lasers and ****.
    Maybe they have laser spell-checkers.......LOL.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not for nothing ... But if a ref is on the take ... Fining him won't do anything ... The bad people will just work it out that they pay the fine

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Not for nothing ... But if a ref is on the take ... Fining him won't do anything ... The bad people will just work it out that they pay the fine
    I don't think any ref is on the take, they just need to be more consistent with calling the games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Heard on the radio today that the NF is reviewing Tomlin's.sideline move. Let's see if they fine him or let him off the hook. Glad the cheating didn't help.

Practice Squad
    He is going to be heavily fined for this, may lose a draft pick too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    He is going to be heavily fined for this, may lose a draft pick too .

Curious if that is just an opinion, or are you hearing this somewhere?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Forgone conclusion that bad teams/organizations like the Jets don't get the benefit of the doubt/calls.

But it was also a completely different call.
    The Jets coach got in an officials way, eho actually shoved him out his path.

Tomlin's bush league stunt was near a player, but never made contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Forgone conclusion that bad teams/organizations like the Jets don't get the benefit of the doubt/calls.

But it was also a completely different call.
    The Jets coach got in an officials way, eho actually shoved him out his path.

Tomlin's bush league stunt was near a player, but never made contact.
    He was looking over his shoulder while watching the big screen. He knew exactly what was going on. Where was he when the play started, or did he move out there as the play developed.

It looked intentional. At least the Jets coaches were stupid and the official ran into them. Tomlin looks like he deliberately tried to obstruct the play.

Practice Squad
    Curious if that is just an opinion, or are you hearing this somewhere?
    Both

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
    12/1/13, 10:11 AM
    Coming up, Iíll talk about whatís facing #Steelers & Tomlin after his sideline footwork: Fines for coaches & tea,. Possible draft pick loss

TOPSonCBS (@TOPSonCBS)
    12/1/13, 9:41 AM
    .@JasonLaCanfora on Mike Tomlin: Game interference could result in fines to the team + coach, and possibly a lost of a draft pick #TOPSonCBS

Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Both

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
    12/1/13, 10:11 AM
    Coming up, I’ll talk about what’s facing #Steelers & Tomlin after his sideline footwork: Fines for coaches & tea,. Possible draft pick loss

TOPSonCBS (@TOPSonCBS)
    12/1/13, 9:41 AM
    .@JasonLaCanfora on Mike Tomlin: Game interference could result in fines to the team + coach, and possibly a lost of a draft pick #TOPSonCBS

Cool, thanks.

Loss of a draft pick seems absurd for a split second decision by a coach. In spygate it made more sense because it was an organization-wide thing. Punishing the entire Steelers org for a play any coach in the NFL would probably do if they could get away with doesn't sit well with me.

But that's Roger "Zero Tolerance Policy" Goodell for you, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Loss of a draft pick seems absurd for a split second decision by a coach. In spygate it made more sense because it was an organization-wide thing. Punishing the entire Steelers org for a play any coach in the NFL would probably do if they could get away with doesn't sit well with me.

But that's Roger "Zero Tolerance Policy" Goodell for you, I guess.
    I'd be fine with acknowledging that he did it, and a possible fine. In the end, if they don't flag him when it happens and the Steelers end up winning the game - all the fines in the world mean zero. Draft pick would hurt, but I think that would be a bit much as well. What do you take away, a 1st or 2nd? That's crazy. Then you take away a 5th or 6th? Who cares.

Our strength coach was villified and got fired a few years back over such an incident.

From Adam Shefter: Multiple Ravens players privately expressed disappointment that returner Jacoby Jones didn't simply run over Steelers HC Mike Tomlin.

I find that interesting because
    1) clearly that wouldn't have gained more yards for Jones, and it would not have been beneficial for Ravens

2) it would have certainly ended in penalty for Steelers and an ejection for Tomlin.

3) I wonder if there would have been multiple 15 yard penalties on the Steelers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    From this thread, i've gathered that f- nard circlejerk is the new rookie troll on here. That said, feel free to show your excitement he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Our strength coach was villified and got fired a few years back over such an incident.
    Not exactly the same, but considering Tomlin was all the way out on the field maybe this was even more egregious? It's debatable but the Steelers are a great organization so the media won't even consider blowing it up like they did the Alosi thing.

Veteran
    I don't think any ref is on the take, they just need to be more consistent with calling the games.
    Its not being "on the take" when its the job you were hired to do. They are hired to police the game so as to sell the best product they can for Roger Gotohell. His product he is selling is not a Jets elite product.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Not exactly the same, but considering Tomlin was all the way out on the field maybe this was even more egregious? It's debatable but the Steelers are a great organization so the media won't even consider blowing it up like they did the Alosi thing.
    True they instituted the Rooney rule adopted by the NFL as law..