Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we put an end to the drum liners already?

Can we put an end to the drum liners already?

Anybody else think that the drum line is completely god awful? Wtf?

So I'm the only one that thinks the drumline is a total drain on the gameday experience now?

Practice Squad
    Probably the most annoying ill advised gimmick in recent memory. I'm with you in eliminating them, they're only there to entertain the ever growing non football crowd that attend the games.

Never really noticed them but then again, I watch the game on TV. For those who were there, it was very annoying, huh?

I honestly liked them....

But I also miss Firemen Ed...So you guys are never going to agree with me. I miss the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Revis24 View Post
    Probably the most annoying ill advised gimmick in recent memory. I'm with you in eliminating them, they're only there to entertain the ever growing non football crowd that attend the games.
    How ironic is it that people whined that Fireman Ed got paid to be Fireman Ed, and yet these ****ing drum liners get paid to sit there all game and then pound on their drums for a few seconds (which totally ruins the flow of the game), and they couldn't give a flying **** about the Jets to begin with? And, Fireman Ed never got paid in the first place. Where's the outrage? I'm in 146 about 50 feet from the drum line and it's annoying as hell, imagine the poor people that sit in that section in the top row that are 2 feet from them? No way they're going to subject us to this for the entire year?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Yeah, but we have bigger issues. Woody is copying everything Lurie did the only upside to that is we should eventually start winning if we follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Anybody else think that the drum line is completely god awful? Wtf?
    Its just one more embarrassing attempt by the Jets to replace the Fireman. Its stupid, annoying and awful. My friend had one good point, its better then playing the really loud music over the loud speaker where you cant even talk.

Undrafted Free Agent
    they should use whatever amount of money they are paying the drumline to instead pay to get fireman ed to come back and lead the chant

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    they should use whatever amount of money they are paying the drumline to instead pay to get fireman ed to come back and lead the chant
    They should officially hire Ed Anzalone, put him in a section surrounded by security to keep away any drunken idiots looking to pick a fight out of jealousy, and have him do the Chant once again.

I dont know why everyone gets so upset with this stuff, I actually liked the drumline, I'd much rather see Fireman Ed up there leading the chant, though

i liked them...something that wasn't too obtrusive...but coordinated the chant a little...better than the "E" flag I got.

What do you care what kind of garbage bags they use?

Agreed. The drum line / sectioned J E T S chant were awful

Veteran
    It was sooo ****ing annoying and useless, also the kid reporter talking to Marty Lyons in what seemed like an eternity....all this pumped in fake enthusiasm...the game is exciting with out that...u know get rid of those ****in cheerleaders too...it's not like u would ever be able to bang em....just cut the **** and play the game....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    u know get rid of those ****in cheerleaders too
    I was with you until you got here. Then you lost me.

Jets Insider VIP
    SOJFs need something to b**** about, I guess. I thought they were fine and certainly an improvement over the self-important firefraud mascot

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    SOJFs need something to b**** about, I guess. I thought they were fine and certainly an improvement over the self-important firefraud mascot
    Some just have to whine and complain, no matter what they give them, they need to b1tch.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Some just have to whine and complain, no matter what they give them, they need to b1tch.

You two are definitely lovers right?

Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    You two are definitely lovers right?
    You're not jealous, are you?