Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolfans planning "takeover" of MetLife this weekend

MetrLife Takeover ?

So many times in the past, the shoe has been on the other foot, with opposing fans invading Miami. (StubHub, quite frankly, is not a friend of the Miami Dolphins ticket office). Pittsburgh games come to mind. Even in the early 1990s, Buffalo fans seemed to turn late-season games between the Dolphins and Bills into something of a vacation. Well, this weekend a hearty group of Dolphins fans -- approximately 760 strong -- will be taking over practically every seat in section 322 and 323 at MetLife Stadium while the Dolphins visit the Jets. They're calling it a MetLife Takeover. You know the thing's a big deal when it has its own hashtag and Facebook page ... #MetLifeTakeover. This is the second year that a group of NYC Dolfans get together to attend this game. Last year, there were 200 fans who participated.

Miami Herald

that's what happens when the owner puts a terrible product on the field and doesn't sell out. the ny jets, we win out SB's in the offseason on the back pages.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    that's what happens when the owner puts a terrible product on the field and doesn't sell out
    +1

Other then the Steeler game, and the Steelers do it to everybody, the Jets home crowds have been great.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

that's what happens when the owner puts a terrible product on the field and doesn't sell out. the ny jets, we win out SB's in the offseason on the back pages.
    +1 & it's a shame the dolfag fans can't get that kind of support at home to buy their own tickets.There also eas a record number of dead dolphins wash up in NJ this year a good oman if your a JET fan.

Veteran

Dolfans planning "takeover" of MetLife this weekend

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...assment-t.html

They'll supposedly be in sections 322 & 323. Hopefully they get drounded out

Those pansies won't be able to take it unless it is 70+ degrees.

A sea of gay teal in the upper deck?

This must be Marino's year to win it all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It could never compare to the amount of Jet fans when the Jets play down here.. I've been at Sun Life Stadium every year since I moved to FL and there is no shortage of Jet fans at the games..

Veteran
    Take over what? Are depression after being trounced. Cause thats whats gonna happen. We're gonna beat that ass Sunday.

LOL the last time we saw them here we got clubbed 30-7. I do not expect much difference this time, they are a MUCH better team then we are. I plan on doing something else this Sunday, I refuse to watch my team get pummeled for a third straight week, especially by a team wearing gay assed uni's.

Hall Of Fame
    They can have the dump

I'm surprised. They have trouble filling up two sections in their own stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I'm surprised. They have trouble filling up two sections in their own stadium.
    700 -800 Dolphin fans vs 50,000 Jet fans is not taking over.

Veteran
    Just blow them out and these handful of fans will be gone by 3rd quarter.

Rootin' for the Jets. **** the Phins and their dumbass mascot. After they tried to buy their way into the playoffs by overpaying for that one trick pony Wallace I hope they end up dead last in the division.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's not that the Jets are a terrible product. They've been much worse, but this an enormous fan base who is very loyal. The bigger problem is the team has severely overpriced the tickets. Winning would help. Reasonable market based prices would help more.

Fin fans should worry about taking over their own stadium before trying it at anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    +1 & it's a shame the dolfag fans can't get that kind of support at home to buy their own tickets.There also eas a record number of dead dolphins wash up in NJ this year a good oman if your a JET fan.
    Where did they wash up? I just ordered our usual dolphin (mahi mahi) for dolphinburgers on Sunday. Coulda saved a few bucks.

DolphinCookout.jpg

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I guess this is the few fans in Miami's way of getting even for the massive take over of their stadium by JET fans "EVERY Year" for the past 25 years. Of course that won't happen this year cause the NFL screwed Jet fans again by making game 4 days afterX-Mas & 2 days B-4 New Years Eve,flights are insane out of Newark.Thanks again Woody!