Thread: PFT- Rex concerned about Holmes availability

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

PFT- Rex concerned about Holmes availability

Rex Ryan “concerned” about Santonio Holmes’ availability

Posted by Josh Alper on November 29, 2013, 2:05 PM EST
    Jacksonville Jaguars v New York Jets
    Getty Images
    The Jets got wide receiver Santonio Holmes back into the lineup for the last two games after an extended absence with a hamstring injury, but it doesn’t look like Holmes will make it three in a row against the Dolphins this weekend.

Coach Rex Ryan said Friday that he is “concerned” about Holmes’ availability after his hamstring kept him from practicing on Friday. If Holmes does miss the game, it will be a continuation of what’s been a terribly frustrating season for the Jets’ top wideout after a foot injury made for an equally frustrating 2012 season. With his guaranteed money out of the way, it wouldn’t be surprising if Holmes is playing elsewhere come next season.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com also reports that Ryan sounded pessimistic about wideout Jeremy Kerley’s chances of playing. Kerley has missed the last two games after dislocating his elbow, but it seems his return to the field will be delayed at least another week.

That leaves the Jets with David Nelson, Stephen Hill, Greg Salas and Josh Cribbs as receiving options. That’s less than ideal for an offense with plenty of other problems heading into a date with the Dolphins that would end any realistic hope of a playoff berth if the Jets lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This bum cannot be gone soon enough. If he's really hurt, that's unfortunate .. But durability/availability is part of what makes a player great.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee! Holmes not playing again,here's a surprise. He is so gone when this season is over!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like idzik is a really nice, humble man and obviously we know rex loves blind loyalty to every one of his players, but I can't wish enough for our front office and coaches to bash this POS holmes as much as possible and cost him as much money as they imaginable on his next contract.

I don't care how much off the field stuff he does, this guy has zero understanding of what it means to be a teammate - we need him more then ever this week and every player is banged up and gutting it out at this point in the year, even his WR-mate kerley. Holmes has milked every injury he has had on this team and I Cannot wait to see him off this team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is a pu$$y riddled with vaginitis. Pathetic

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, probably pissed he's not getting the ball again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not faking injury... I don't like him but I'm smart enough to realize that. The guy knows he's going to be cut so he wants to help his value knowing he's going to be a free agent.

Give me Golden Tate, Maclin, or someone like Emanuel Sanders out of free agency and then draft someone as well. Need to overhaul the receiving corps, with the exception of Kerley.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Posted by Josh Alper on November 29, 2013, 2:05 PM EST
    Jacksonville Jaguars v New York Jets
    lolwut?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    He's not faking injury... I don't like him but I'm smart enough to realize that. The guy knows he's going to be cut so he wants to help his value knowing he's going to be a free agent.

Give me Golden Tate, Maclin, or someone like Emanuel Sanders out of free agency and then draft someone as well. Need to overhaul the receiving corps, with the exception of Kerley.
    How would you know?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    How would you know?
    Follow the money.. He's not going to lose millions to fake an injury.

Secondly, it should be the people who make outlandish claims like he's faking an injury defending their thought.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the money.. He's not going to lose millions to fake an injury.
    +1

Players try desperately to put up big numbers in contract years. If he cares about getting paid, he'll do whatever he can to be on the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is PC of S*it!
    Tomlin is a guy that will put up with anything but effort & they had no problem pawning him off for a 5th rounder.
    They probably were laughing when Tanny signed this loser to a 60 million $ contract.
    Hmm, maybe a guy wearing red contact lenses might be sign this POS cares only about himself!
    Considering he barely plays for his 9 million contract, I would imagine we could probably sign Maclin & Tate for what we are paying this bad seed.
    This offseason blood letting can't come fast enough for this a Jet fan, 37 million for Sanchez, Holmes, Cromarty & Harris!!!!
    Holy crap, and we wonder why we can't win 2 games in a row. Mind blowing ineptness.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is a goner.
    Idzik needs to make a big move here. I am hoping they make a run for Larry Fitzgerald and hopefully Sammy Watkins in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This bum cannot be gone soon enough. If he's really hurt, that's unfortunate .. But durability/availability is part of what makes a player great.
    We have a winner! Buy this man a beer. Holmes would fit in perfectly with the Knicks/Nets. They both have a roster full of bums like him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Holmes is a goner.
    Idzik needs to make a big move here. I am hoping they make a run for Larry Fitzgerald and hopefully Sammy Watkins in the draft.

Doesn't matter the receivers we have running out there, WE HAVE NO QB TO GET THEM THE BALL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;5076579]It seems like idzik is a really nice, humble man and obviously we know rex loves blind loyalty to every one of his players, but I can't wish enough for our front office and coaches to bash this POS holmes as much as possible and cost him as much money as they imaginable on his next contract."

Sums it up quite nicely

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares!! We aren't any better with him on the field. He is done here and probably done for his career.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How do people not get that he is hurt. He knows he will be a free agent after this year. How does anyone think he is faking it? It's not like it is week 17, he still has time to prove he can play and get paid. He is just too hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not about proving he can play, it's about saving himself for later.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets should just be done with this cancer