Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Head coaching candidates???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Head coaching candidates???

Whose your suggestion??? I like Jay Gruden and Greg Romen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom coughlin

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just what we need. Another fire Rex thread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    john gruden or nick saban

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Whose your suggestion??? I like Jay Gruden and Greg Romen.
    Hue jackson .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I'm guessing you are a boob man with the latest addition to your gifs. Thanks, its been the highlight of the day so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik probably has some assistant on the Seahawks staff he already has handpicked.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Bevel is ready to be a HC. He doesn't have a ton of experience as a coordinator and it's not like Seattle is tearing it up on that side of the ball.

My guess is the Tampa connection, Lovie Smith.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Allen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Said it before.

We need to make a play for Rob Ryan. He's still fat and he can get it done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I'm guessing you are a boob man with the latest addition to your gifs. Thanks, its been the highlight of the day so far.
    I do love boobies.

I mean beauty

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boobies and a fat Ryan, I'm all in!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did hear that Shannahan might be on the block...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Boobies and a fat Ryan, I'm all in!
    This guy gets it!

ROB RYAN 2014!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I did hear that Shannahan might be on the block...
    GET IT DONE!!!!

He will look like a Christmas ornament on the sideline with the staggering amount of Red in his skin. Red..... Skin......... uhuhhuhh

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't mind Lovie

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    (CBS) The Bears reportedly have three finalists for their head coaching vacancy and Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell is among them.

Here’s a look at Bevell’s strengths, scheme and what type of skill position players the Bears would need to add to properly execute his system:

What is Bevell’s NFL coaching experience?

Bevell has 13 years of NFL coaching experience. He’s been a quarterbacks coach and an offensive coordinator, with seven years of experience as a play-caller.

Which head coaches has Bevell worked for?

Mike Sherman (6 years), Brad Childress (4), Pete Carroll (2), Leslie Frasier (1).

Which notable quarterbacks has Bevell worked with?

Brett Favre (8), Aaron Rodgers (1), Russell Wilson (1).

Bevell worked with Favre for eight seasons, and perhaps his most impressive mentorship was in 2009. Then 40, Favre turned in a masterful season, posting a career high 107 quarterback rating, a career low seven interceptions and led the Vikings to an NFC Championship game appearance.

This past season, Bevell helped turn third-round draft pick Russell Wilson into a record-setter, tying Peyton Manning’s mark of 26 passing touchdowns as a rookie. Wilson’s growth from Week 1 to the Divisional playoff round was astounding, as he transformed from game manager to game winner. Bevell incrementally added more wrinkles to the playbook each week, and by season’s end, the Seahawks were playing as well as any team in the league.

What makes Bevell an attractive head coaching candidate?

He runs a balanced offensive scheme, and has proven success with a headstrong quarterback.

In a pass-happy NFL, the 2012 Seahawks were one of six teams to run the ball more than they passed it (leading the group with a +131 differential), yet they ranked in the top nine in scoring.

A while back, I drew a statistical comparison between Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and Brett Favre. Outside of measurable similarities, both players have worn the “gunslinger” label, reserved for improvisational quarterbacks who trust their cannon-like arms to try and fit passes in windows most wouldn’t (sometimes for good reason).

Bevell could draw upon past experiences with Favre and apply them to Cutler, with hopes of helping turn on the light bulb in Cutler’s head to maximize his talent.

What is Bevell’s offensive philosophy?

Bevell runs a hybrid of the West Coast offense. He’s a firm believer in softening up a defense with inside-zone running plays to set up play-action passes down the field.

While in Minnesota, the Vikings maintained a balanced attack, and improved every season in points scored, yards per pass attempt, and third down conversion percentage.

Bevell showed adaptability this season by adding elements of the zone read and bubble screen, familiar concepts to a quarterback fresh out of college, like Wilson.

In a previous playbook entry, I broke down the Seahawks dangerous play-action passing attack.
    Article on Bevell
    What type of skill position players would the Bears need to add for Bevell?

A vertical threat wide receiver. The Bears have a marquee “go up and get it” wide receiver in Brandon Marshall, and a similarly skilled player in Alshon Jeffery. A true deep threat that can put pressure over the top of a defense would aid the installation and ultimate success of Bevell’s offensive scheme.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    (CBS) The Bears reportedly have three finalists for their head coaching vacancy and Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell is among them.

Hereís a look at Bevellís strengths, scheme and what type of skill position players the Bears would need to add to properly execute his system:

What is Bevellís NFL coaching experience?

Bevell has 13 years of NFL coaching experience. Heís been a quarterbacks coach and an offensive coordinator, with seven years of experience as a play-caller.

Which head coaches has Bevell worked for?

Mike Sherman (6 years), Brad Childress (4), Pete Carroll (2), Leslie Frasier (1).

Which notable quarterbacks has Bevell worked with?

Brett Favre (8), Aaron Rodgers (1), Russell Wilson (1).
    I'd rather keep Rex and give him Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or a 34 yr old Brett Favre!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'd rather keep Rex and give him Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or a 34 yr old Brett Favre!
    Same here

If we only had a QB like that... I think the Defense, which you DO NEED, would be playing a LOT better.