Thread: Wow... This is the perfect draft for us. (Tape Review)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow... This is the perfect draft for us. (Tape Review)

Been watching tape all day, trying to catch up on what I've missed out on.

This TE/WR/RB draft might be the best one that I've seen in the last decade. Even the QB's look impressive.

I watched tape of Bridgewater, Hundley, Manziel, Mariota, Carr, Bortles, Murray, and Hundley.

- Bridgewater is an amazing prospect. Reminds me of Andrew Luck/Tom Brady a ton. Great pre reads, goes through progressions. Just a solid player.
    - Jonny Manziel actually enters 3rd on my QB rankings. His play against Alabama really is eye opening. He doesn't have elite physical traits, but he just has that it factor we seem to be searching for. I'd compare him to a smaller/more athletic Big Ben than anything. Ben has had off field issues, holds onto the ball too long, his arm wasn't great coming, but seams to get the job done.
    - Mariota looks like a Kaepernick clone.. and I love Kaepernick still. Needs to be better on making reads.
    - Hundley impressed me a lot. Makes all of his reads, displays athleticism, can run option. Has a nice arm.
    - Didn't like Bortles or Carr yet.. I see Murray as a mediocre QB in the NFL, with limited potential.
    - McCarron is going to be an Alex Smith type player at best. I don't see any organization waiting 5 years for that to happen though. He's a game manager with elite weapons. I don't like him at all.

- I just want to say I fell in love with this WR/TE class. Jordan Matthews and Davante Adams are big bruising WR's that go up and get the ball in traffic. Matthews has excellent vision and hands as well. I think this guy will be a pro-bowler.
    - Marquise Lee really impresses me as well, but I don't see the potential in him to be a pro bowler. Jeremy Maclin type. Great hands and route runner though.
    - I don't like Mike Evans at all. Seems a bid plodding and mostly runs 9 routes.

- Ebron is a Vernon Davis clone. Great blocker/Great speed.. but can he run routes..? and has a bit of inconsistent hands. Makes very tough catches.
    -ASJ has dropped to the 2nd round on a lot of peoples eyes.. But I don't understand why? Not the athlete of Ebron but bigger and stronger. Makes tough catches in traffic as well.

Anyway, I'll have a mock up soon. I'm very intrigued by this class.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need WRs and TEs that can rebound.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Amaro is probably the best bet if you're looking for a TE that can rebound. He's a bit slow to me and didn't see him block at all as TT's system is against it. Adams/Matthews/Evans are the best 3 in terms of using their size.

My WR rankings:
    1. Watkins
    2. Matthews
    3. Lee
    4. Adams
    5. Evans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think Ebron is a Vernon Davis clone, Davis ran sub 4.4 40s when coming out of college, Ebron doesnt have that type of speed. I think Amaro and ASJ present much tougher match ups in the NFL than Ebron will.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post

This TE/WR/RB draft might be the best one that I've seen in the last decade. Even the QB's look impressive.

I watched tape of Bridgewater, Hundley, Manziel, Mariota, Carr, Bortles, Murray, and Hundley.

- Bridgewater is an amazing prospect. Reminds me of Andrew Luck/Tom Brady a ton. Great pre reads, goes through progressions. Just a solid player.
    - Jonny Manziel actually enters 3rd on my QB rankings. His play against Alabama really is eye opening. He doesn't have elite physical traits, but he just has that it factor we seem to be searching for. I'd compare him to a smaller/more athletic Big Ben than anything. Ben has had off field issues, holds onto the ball too long, his arm wasn't great coming, but seams to get the job done.
    - Mariota looks like a Kaepernick clone.. and I love Kaepernick still. Needs to be better on making reads.
    - Hundley impressed me a lot. Makes all of his reads, displays athleticism, can run option. Has a nice arm.
    - Didn't like Bortles or Carr yet.. I see Murray as a mediocre QB in the NFL, with limited potential.
    - McCarron is going to be an Alex Smith type player at best. I don't see any organization waiting 5 years for that to happen though. He's a game manager with elite weapons. I don't like him at all.

- I just want to say I fell in love with this WR/TE class. Jordan Matthews and Davante Adams are big bruising WR's that go up and get the ball in traffic. Matthews has excellent vision and hands as well. I think this guy will be a pro-bowler.
    - Marquise Lee really impresses me as well, but I don't see the potential in him to be a pro bowler. Jeremy Maclin type. Great hands and route runner though.
    - I don't like Mike Evans at all. Seems a bid plodding and mostly runs 9 routes.

- Ebron is a Vernon Davis clone. Great blocker/Great speed.. but can he run routes..? and has a bit of inconsistent hands. Makes very tough catches.
    -ASJ has dropped to the 2nd round on a lot of peoples eyes.. But I don't understand why? Not the athlete of Ebron but bigger and stronger. Makes tough catches in traffic as well.

No thoughts on Watkins?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion if we do get 12 picks as we expect we need on offense:

2 WR's
    2 Te's
    1 Qb
    1 RB
    1 olineman

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bridgewater and Carr are the only QBs I like in the first round… Murray, Mettenberger and maybe Hundley ( what I have seen of Hundley has not been good but I have not seen much) in the 3rd rounds…

Other than than I like your assessment. I am a big fan of Lee but injuries concern me. Thanks for your thoughts...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we can't get Watkins I wouldn't mind trading back to pick up an extra 2nd. Then we can take Amaro, Ebron, or Seferian-Jenkins in the first. Followed by a combination of Adams, Gordon, Matthews, Seastrunk, or Sankey in round 2.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in total draft mode now, can't wait for April.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I'm in total draft mode now, can't wait for April.
    Draft is in late May this year. Another one of Goodell's money making moves.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I forgot about that, FML, now we can't even look forward to the draft in Aprill, lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Holy sh1t forgot all about that, another month to wait and a re-jig of the work hols it is then.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is a great way of putting it and I couldn't agree more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen Robinson as the 2nd wide receiver we draft. your thoughts?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bortles is way better than what you give due

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I looked at Bridgewater last his weight bothered me as he was in the 190s; however, I see his weight listed at 207 now and will grow to 220 when he's ready to play. He looks like the QB to go for. Who knows if we can get him though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Allen Robinson as the 2nd wide receiver we draft. your thoughts?
    I think he's very good and will be a solid pro. He really killed my Orange in the 2nd half. Given that, i have him as the 5th WR and a 2nd round pick. Watkins, Evans, Lee, Adams and then Robinson. Of course, 40 times will determine a ton.

Also, very solid initial analysis.

I do disagree with the Manziel to Big Ben Comparison. I think he definitely reminds me of a Russell Wilson - he keeps plays alive by avoiding hits, not absorbing them.