Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fuBillyJoel.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

fuBillyJoel.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So the drunken nimrod announces a couple of Garden shows last month and my bride tells me she would love to go and her birthday was coming up and I had no other ideas. OF course, the tickets go on sale and the scalpers grab them ALL within minutes.

Left with dim prospects gift wise, I troll the ticket sites and can only find decent seats for 500+ bucks a pair.

I snatch up a pair, deliver them with mucho satisfaction, with the requisite flowers, and fold my arms in anticipation of the gushing thanks and the "I cant believes mah eyes".

Instead I get the "oh".

I go "huh?"

SHe goes..."this is in the middle of the school holiday break"

I go "hah?"

She goes "well, we can put them back up for sale and try for another date"

I go "huh...uh...ok?"

Since I dont even have the tickets yet, I'm like "this is just more work, what a pain in the arse!!!!" Of course this is all thunk, and not said out loud.

A week passes...and what does Silly Joel do?

HE ANNOUNCES A FRIGGIN WEEKLY?MONTHLY? RESIDENCY AT THE FARGIN GARDEN THEREBY TOTALLY DEVALUATING MY 5 Hundy dollar seats into virtual Monopoly money. All of us idiots, his most loyal fans amongst them, screwed over by scalpers because he wanted to test the market before announcing his deal with MSG.

GO CRASH ANOTHER CAR INTO A TREE YOU RED-FACED, BOOZY-NOSED IMBECILE!!!!

YOU OWE MY WIFE A BIRTHDAY GIFT!

All League
    How far are you sitting from the tickets?

sucks. but thats the risk of scalping

honestly i really dont understand as a society how we allow scalping to even exist. its just wrong

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

you bought Billy Joel tickets.

You deserve anything that happens to you.

(Cornball brother)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

I'm trying to be apoplectic over here. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

honestly i really dont understand as a society how we allow scalping to even exist. its just wrong
    Maybe my experience will cause a bloody revolution that will cause the proletariat masses to rise up against the their capitalist masters and everyone can have Billy Joel tickets for 5 cents after the bodies are buried, the smoke clears and the cities are re-built.

Until then, I will complain in the intertubes.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

I'm trying to be apoplectic over here. Please.

Maybe my experience will cause a bloody revolution that will cause the proletariat masses to rise up against the their capitalist masters and everyone can have Billy Joel tickets for 5 cents after the bodies are buried, the smoke clears and the cities are re-built.

Until then, I will complain in the intertubes.

-
    Always wait til the day of the show. Always. Even if its for wife's birthday. I'd rather draw out the tickets on a piece of paper with friggin glitter and put that in an envelope than spend $500 months in advance.

My dear friends the Jets have taught me this.

Glad to hear Billy Joel is turning into Celine Dion. He must have drank through his money - at least the money that was left after paying alimony.

Jets Insider VIP

Well aren't you the angry young man.

So...the lights would go out on Broadway?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Always wait til the day of the show. Always. Even if its for wife's birthday. I'd rather draw out the tickets on a piece of paper with friggin glitter and put that in an envelope than spend $500 months in advance.
    I'm glad your wife is that low maintenance. If I waited until the day of the show to buy her tickets for her birthday 5 months ago, I would still be single and at worst would have to get rid of an engagement ring between soft-ball games, golf rounds and ski-trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

So...the lights would go out on Broadway?

Slowly I turned....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

The only alternative is for the "artist"/venue to sell the tickets at the higher value that the scalpers are selling them for which would still piss off and price out the fans. I will never understand why they don't do that actually. Then again look at people crying about Football pricing yet there is still a market for overpriced tickets on stubhub and ebay.

billy joel?...jeez...how much bad music have u endured over the years?...

Jets Insider VIP
    So the drunken nimrod announces a couple of Garden shows last month and my bride tells me she would love to go and her birthday was coming up and I had no other ideas. OF course, the tickets go on sale and the scalpers grab them ALL within minutes.

Left with dim prospects gift wise, I troll the ticket sites and can only find decent seats for 500+ bucks a pair.

I snatch up a pair, deliver them with mucho satisfaction, with the requisite flowers, and fold my arms in anticipation of the gushing thanks and the "I cant believes mah eyes".

Instead I get the "oh".

I go "huh?"

I go "hah?"

I go "huh...uh...ok?"

Since I dont even have the tickets yet, I'm like "this is just more work, what a pain in the arse!!!!" Of course this is all thunk, and not said out loud.

HE ANNOUNCES A FRIGGIN WEEKLY?MONTHLY? RESIDENCY AT THE FARGIN GARDEN THEREBY TOTALLY DEVALUATING MY 5 Hundy dollar seats into virtual Monopoly money. All of us idiots, his most loyal fans amongst them, screwed over by scalpers because he wanted to test the market before announcing his deal with MSG.

you realize of course that you have cemented your position as the black male version of Lucille Ball.

Even down to the final scene where you cry "wahhhhhhhhh!' into the camera.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    The only alternative is for the "artist"/venue to sell the tickets at the higher value that the scalpers are selling them for which would still piss off and price out the fans. I will never understand why they don't do that actually. Then again look at people crying about Football pricing yet there is still a market for overpriced tickets on stubhub and ebay.
    Ticketmaster is trying to institute "dynamic pricing" that raises and lowers prices based on demand. Similar to an airline. Makes sense.....for them at least.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you realize of course that you have cemented your position as the black male version of Lucille Ball.

Even down to the final scene where you cry "wahhhhhhhhh!' into the camera.
    lol

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Ticketmaster is trying to institute "dynamic pricing" that raises and lowers prices based on demand. Similar to an airline. Makes sense.....for them at least.
    Interesting. Do the artists and venues make percentages then so they win or lose based on the market price?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Interesting. Do the artists and venues make percentages then so they win or lose based on the market price?
    I presume so as Ticketmaster probably takes a piece of the ticket price....perhaps above and beyond even the service charge on the ticket.

ANother thing Ticketmaster was pushing for was an elimination of the breakdown of ticket price and service charge. People get incensed upon seeing the $60 ticket price and the $12 service charge. TM's position was that the ticket price should be $72 total - that's it. The rationale being - you don't see a breakout of costs for the electric bill, you don't see a breakout of cost for insurance for the event - why should you see a breakout of cost for the cost to sell the tickets for the event?

It makes sense.....mostly for them (again). But that service charge is the main reason that Ticketmaster is one of the most hated companies around. If that charge was no longer delineated from the entire price, a lot of ire against TM would dissipate.

The easiest way is for people to ALL buy from one website or outlet for a maximum of 4 tickets and thats that.

I was born paranoid, but I am certain that ticketron has a slew of arrangements with major scalpers and are part of the problem. it should not be allowed

All League
    I presume so as Ticketmaster probably takes a piece of the ticket price....perhaps above and beyond even the service charge on the ticket.

ANother thing Ticketmaster was pushing for was an elimination of the breakdown of ticket price and service charge. People get incensed upon seeing the $60 ticket price and the $12 service charge. TM's position was that the ticket price should be $72 total - that's it. The rationale being - you don't see a breakout of costs for the electric bill, you don't see a breakout of cost for insurance for the event - why should you see a breakout of cost for the cost to sell the tickets for the event?

It makes sense.....mostly for them (again). But that service charge is the main reason that Ticketmaster is one of the most hated companies around. If that charge was no longer delineated from the entire price, a lot of ire against TM would dissipate.
    Plus they'd be able to raise the charge amount anytime they wanted without the public knowing.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 12-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.

All Pro

Instead I get the "oh".

I go "huh?"

I go "hah?"

I go "huh...uh...ok?"

I lol'd

Do you think he'll play Piano Man?