Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: fuBillyJoel.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Thanks for the heads up just got a pair for 150
    What a shame - The fur would have played big at a Billy Joel concert.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What a shame - The fur would have played big at a Billy Joel concert.

No i wear my johnny cash all black denim suit for concerts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Lots of flaccid male organs in this thread.

I know a guy who's got some primo seats...you interested?
    LOL.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Green, don't you have "contacts"? I have a cop buddy who used to get us in the back way (don't go there) to shows back in the day. Lionel Richie, Huey Lewis, etc. free shows. Only thing was if it was sold out we had to stand.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I'd pay 500 to see one last.....

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    OR.....

Hall Of Fame
    DANG Holmes!

You kind of brought that on yourself tho, buying from a scalper... and THAT far in advance!

PHiSH fans like myself have learned to NEVER buy from scalpers until absolute necessary and at the last possible second.
    I never buy from scumbag brokers. They can all rot in hell in their sweatpants with handfulls of scratch-off lottery tickets.

You ALWAYS buy from a fan or on lot, breh. And never above face.

I went to the SOLD OUT Roger Waters- The Wall show at TD Bank in Boston a couple years ago... Front-Center in the first elevated section, bought day of the show, $75 for the PAIR!
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 12-04-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I presume so as Ticketmaster probably takes a piece of the ticket price....perhaps above and beyond even the service charge on the ticket.

ANother thing Ticketmaster was pushing for was an elimination of the breakdown of ticket price and service charge. People get incensed upon seeing the $60 ticket price and the $12 service charge. TM's position was that the ticket price should be $72 total - that's it. The rationale being - you don't see a breakout of costs for the electric bill, you don't see a breakout of cost for insurance for the event - why should you see a breakout of cost for the cost to sell the tickets for the event?

It makes sense.....mostly for them (again). But that service charge is the main reason that Ticketmaster is one of the most hated companies around. If that charge was no longer delineated from the entire price, a lot of ire against TM would dissipate.
    I have a popular live venue as a client and can tell you there are several models. Most common is that a "Billy Joel" gets a flat fee to play and he worries about nothing. I would imagine that fee is 1 million or so. Popular 80's band (Cant say name) played here in Charlotte for one hour and got $50,000.

Another model is that they "rent and Run" the arena. I am not as familiar with that,

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    So the drunken nimrod announces a couple of Garden shows last month and my bride tells me she would love to go and her birthday was coming up and I had no other ideas. OF course, the tickets go on sale and the scalpers grab them ALL within minutes.

Left with dim prospects gift wise, I troll the ticket sites and can only find decent seats for 500+ bucks a pair.
    $500???

For Billy Joel???

For that much money, I hope he at least tells you who started the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    I thought of that too, but didn't want to ask iffin there was something special about the break that was unbeknownst to us.

Mayhaps the 32 family has a wild vacation planned in a secluded destination void of turkey-leg-eating line-cutting scooter dwellers.

All Pro
    go in a policeman-usher like the old days

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LMAO

Brilliant

All Pro
    well maybe there will be some MSG turkey legs thrown in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    So the drunken nimrod announces a couple of Garden shows last month and my bride tells me she would love to go and her birthday was coming up and I had no other ideas. OF course, the tickets go on sale and the scalpers grab them ALL within minutes.

Left with dim prospects gift wise, I troll the ticket sites and can only find decent seats for 500+ bucks a pair.

I snatch up a pair, deliver them with mucho satisfaction, with the requisite flowers, and fold my arms in anticipation of the gushing thanks and the "I cant believes mah eyes".

Instead I get the "oh".

I go "huh?"

SHe goes..."this is in the middle of the school holiday break"

I go "hah?"

She goes "well, we can put them back up for sale and try for another date"

I go "huh...uh...ok?"

Since I dont even have the tickets yet, I'm like "this is just more work, what a pain in the arse!!!!" Of course this is all thunk, and not said out loud.

A week passes...and what does Silly Joel do?

HE ANNOUNCES A FRIGGIN WEEKLY?MONTHLY? RESIDENCY AT THE FARGIN GARDEN THEREBY TOTALLY DEVALUATING MY 5 Hundy dollar seats into virtual Monopoly money. All of us idiots, his most loyal fans amongst them, screwed over by scalpers because he wanted to test the market before announcing his deal with MSG.

GO CRASH ANOTHER CAR INTO A TREE YOU RED-FACED, BOOZY-NOSED IMBECILE!!!!

YOU OWE MY WIFE A BIRTHDAY GIFT!

First off, whilst I can empathize with your frustration, the above brought me nothing but lulz. So, thank you.

Second off, in an effort to make you feel better...............Gary Moore > Billy Joel.

O

M

F

G

!

Jets Insider VIP
    Nothing says entertainment better poking a fellow hampurite with sticks when he's down

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't care how many std's you have...that's some funny sh*t....

That is genius!!

i was gonna say that this thread needed its own Hampur Rage Comic, but this is much, much better