Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BB makes rare comment about the Jets this morning

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Finally, someone to replace Richard Prior!
    At least none of BB's cracks are wise..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    At least none of BB's cracks are wise..
    lol

Jet could have picked Brady in 2000 we picked before the Pats who didn't even use their first 6 rd pick on him but their 2nd 6th rd pick.. If you want to feel bad how about Manning not coming out in 1997 because the Tuna wouldn't use his first pick of the draft on him..

It was a comp 6th rounder at that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Belichick is another painful reminder of Jet front office bungling.

That is actually a historic bungling IMO. He's the best head coach of his generation
    Who? Belichick? Are you nuts? He has had one of the top 2 QBs of the last 15 years! Don't get me wrong, BB is a very good coach, but not the best...by far!

Heck, give an average coach like Rex Ryan a QB like Brady and how many SBs would he have? Rex Ryan would have won two Super Bowls in his first two seasons as a head coach if he had someone like Brady rather than dragging Sanchez to AFC championship games.

People who can actually tell why certain routes/blocks/coverage are being run know differently. I guess if all you can tell is whether someone gained or lost yardage during a pass or the simple route someone ran who caught the ball, then I guess you would think that way. When you see the concepts in action and know what you're looking at, you have a fuller understanding of good/average coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Who? Belichick? Are you nuts? He has had one of the top 2 QBs of the last 15 years! Don't get me wrong, BB is a very good coach, but not the best...by far!

Heck, give an average coach like Rex Ryan a QB like Brady and how many SBs would he have? Rex Ryan would have won two Super Bowls in his first two seasons as a head coach if he had someone like Brady rather than dragging Sanchez to AFC championship games.
    All you need to do is look at his win % to see that he is the best of his generation. How many head coaches can say they are legitimate Superbowl contenders every single season for over a decade?
    The entire team retires or moves on from their Superbowl years? Still a legitimate contender. Worst defense in the league, can't stop a nose bleed? Still contending for a Superbowl right up through the 4th quarter OF THE SUPERBOWL. Lose a bunch of guys to injuries? Still a contender. Playing teams with way more talent across the board? Down by 24 points at the half? Still going to win.

If you can be serious for a second and tell me a head coach of his generation that you would rather have for the long haul, please let me know.

Everyone said the Pats were finished this season. They've lost a lot of what little they did have to injuries and yet they're the AFC favorites for the Superbowl again.

There is just no way Belichick isn't the best HC in the league, sorry. Yes, he has Brady, but Brady isn't the one creating turn overs on defense with nobody hacks. He's not the one drafting pro bowlers despite really late picks every season. On top of that, a lot of the league if imitating what he does every few years. The TE revolution anyone?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Not sure anyone bungled it. BB met the incoming owner and ran for the hills, just like Parcells did, just like any smart coach or executive would. If anyone bungled it, I guess it might be Parcells because he could have done a better job communicating with BB during the transition and convincing him to stay, but my sense is that Parcells knew the Jets were headed to a bad place with the new owner and wasn't going to discourage BB from moving on.

Bingo.... that hit the nail on the head.

Veteran
    Jet could have picked Brady in 2000 we picked before the Pats who didn't even use their first 6 rd pick on him but their 2nd 6th rd pick.. If you want to feel bad how about Manning not coming out in 1997 because the Tuna wouldn't use his first pick of the draft on him..
    I'm sorry...what? First it was 1998 (not that that matters much) but I think it had more to do with him wanting a Heisman and a national championship at Tennessee than his ego being stroked for the # 1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    That's "hilarious"?
    Apparently a writer by the name of Jeff Howe thinks so. I don't see it either.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

If you also count the two SBs that Ryan said he would have had if he were coaching the Chargers, his total could be raised up to four.

about as hilarious as the million dollars he outright stile from a dying Leon Hess. Sorry, he may be a great head coach, but he is a despicable human being, a cheat (professional cheating as well as martial cheating), a liar and a thief.

All you need to do is look at his win % to see that he is the best of his generation. How many head coaches can say they are legitimate Superbowl contenders every single season for over a decade?
    The entire team retires or moves on from their Superbowl years? Still a legitimate contender. Worst defense in the league, can't stop a nose bleed? Still contending for a Superbowl right up through the 4th quarter OF THE SUPERBOWL. Lose a bunch of guys to injuries? Still a contender. Playing teams with way more talent across the board? Down by 24 points at the half? Still going to win.

If you can be serious for a second and tell me a head coach of his generation that you would rather have for the long haul, please let me know.

Everyone said the Pats were finished this season. They've lost a lot of what little they did have to injuries and yet they're the AFC favorites for the Superbowl again.

There is just no way Belichick isn't the best HC in the league, sorry. Yes, he has Brady, but Brady isn't the one creating turn overs on defense with nobody hacks. He's not the one drafting pro bowlers despite really late picks every season. On top of that, a lot of the league if imitating what he does every few years. The TE revolution anyone?
    I couldn't disagree more! It's Brady not Belicheat! Give Brady 4 or 5 games with quality receivers and he starts to gel just like this year and every other year he has limited weapons. He reads defenses and he scores lots of points! That's why they win every year not because they are coached well. When Brady is gone they will lose one of the best ever at QB and it will show very quickly.

Belichick is another painful reminder of Jet front office bungling.

That is actually a historic bungling IMO. He's the best head coach of his generation
    No it's not and No he isn't.

He's nothing without cheating at extreme lengths. It's a fact. Wash your vagina and move along.

That Manning decision kind of flies under the radar of sore spots in Jets history. I understand that the Jets had a lot of money already tied with O'Donnell, which I believe was why he didn't feel comfortable committing to Manning. Then he ending up trading down from the 1st pick, because Jumbo Elliott also had a huge contract, and Parcells didn't want to draft Orlando Pace #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    about as hilarious as the million dollars he outright stile from a dying Leon Hess. Sorry, he may be a great head coach, but he is a despicable human being, a cheat (professional cheating as well as martial cheating), a liar and a thief.
    Totally agree. He thought of the Jets as this dirty organization but had no issue taking Leon Hess' "dirty" million.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Not sure anyone bungled it. BB met the incoming owner and ran for the hills, just like Parcells did, just like any smart coach or executive would. If anyone bungled it, I guess it might be Parcells because he could have done a better job communicating with BB during the transition and convincing him to stay, but my sense is that Parcells knew the Jets were headed to a bad place with the new owner and wasn't going to discourage BB from moving on.
    you are a bit of a tooool; as we went to the playoffs 01-02-04-06. Not sure I understand your point.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Bingo.... that hit the nail on the head.
    I think you are wrong; it was DOLAN vs JOHNSON on the big stage; fighting it out for the Jets. No way BB made his decision based on who the owner was, as it looked like Dolan from the time Hess put the team up for sale.

Can we mark that right here, please? The owner was unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Finally, someone to replace Richard Prior!
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    Yeah right. But he sure didn't mind taking that 1 mill while he was "jerked around".
    Spare me.
    That was part of the settlement/ draft choice switch- that obligation was dismissed and forgiven by the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I think you are wrong; it was DOLAN vs JOHNSON on the big stage; fighting it out for the Jets. No way BB made his decision based on who the owner was, as it looked like Dolan from the time Hess put the team up for sale.

Can we mark that right here, please? The owner was unknown.
    Correct, BB knew he did not have the personality that a new owner of a NY team would want fronting his franchise. After being let go when the browns moved to Balt, he thought of getting let go twice in that short of a timeframe would have killed future opportunities.