Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Rex......

Oh Rex......

Rex on rookies: "If this is not an A+ class, I don't know what you're looking for.''

Well we certainly can affirm this is a case of kissing your boss's ass, and attempting to save your job.

Hall Of Fame
    Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets
    Rex very highly on the Jets 2013 Draft. 5 are starting. "This class is about a strong a class as I've ever seen."

Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets
    Rex Ryan said the Jets had their best offensive practice of the season today. This was the team's final pads practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Rex on rookies: "If this is not an A+ class, I don't know what you're looking for.''

Well we certainly can affirm this is a case of kissing your boss's ass, and attempting to save your job.

This guy is such a joke.

From him saying Dee is gonna be the best CB in his class, to defending Ed, Geno, and now this.

Please Idzik, do us all a favor

Rex is a buffoon, I'm done with him. Hopefully Idzik can convince woody that rex has to go.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets
    Rex very highly on the Jets 2013 Draft. 5 are starting. "This class is about a strong a class as I've ever seen."
    5 are starting. Big whoop. Only one is worth a starting position as far as I can tell. Maybe two, if you count Bohanon.

It's also a way to build a struggling player's confidence. I'm sure Geno, Milliner, and Winters have been pretty distraught about their play this season (and especially of late).

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    5 are starting. Big whoop. Only one is worth a starting position as far as I can tell. Maybe two, if you count Bohanon.
    It's pretty ignorant we are judging rookies 2/3 of their rookie yr.. Next yr hopefully they pick it up.. Big Mo didn't come Bout until his 3rd yr.. His first yr people were calling him a possible bust.. How dumb are they now..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yeah, I wish we had a coach that would tell the papers that the team sucks and blew it in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    yeah, I wish we had a coach that would tell the papers that the team sucks and blew it in the draft
    No, but to label this an A+ draft? I do not appreciate dishonesty, and blatant attempts to save your own skin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

No, but to label this an A+ draft? I do not appreciate dishonesty, and blatant attempts to save your own skin.
    It's Rexspeak, unfortunately his defense of his team has cost him before (the whole Revis thing years ago) that's his thing, he loves his guys.

How do you respond to your wife when she asks you if her dress makes her ass look fat?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    +1

We should have all learned to take whatever Rex says to the media with a grain of salt by now....

3 out of the 5 have no business starting.

Rex, just stop, you sound like a ****ing moron. Your starting LG and QB are absolutely putrid. You're a joke for continuing to play both of them.

Good luck with your next team.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    This guy is such a joke.

From him saying Dee is gonna be the best CB in his class, to defending Ed, Geno, and now this.

Please Idzik, do us all a favor
    All the scouting reports had Millner as the best corner in the draft.He still might become the best in the draft. His career isn't over. you want rex to tell his friends in the media that geno sucks, that it wasn't a good draft class. The big question about this team is are they underachieving. If they are rex needs to go. If there record is where it should be based on talent level, why the hell should rex go??Alot of people on this board didn't think we would win more than five games, go back and look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    . Big Mo didn't come Bout until his 3rd yr.. His first yr people were calling him a possible bust.. How dumb are they now..
    Big Mo began playing well near the end of his rookie season and has been progressing since.

Hall Of Fame
    I criticized Rex for being to harsh on Geno and Milliner in his pressers but as usual it is one extreme to the other. No happy medium with Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets

Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets
    Rex Ryan said the Jets had their best offensive practice of the season today. This was the team's final pads practice.
    Things a used car salesman would say when he's about to lose a sale?

Seriously though, just because we have 5 rookies starting doesn't make them good - it's just a reflection of how bad the rest of the roster is. Rex also said the roster was the best we've had a couple years ago, right before we began this 3 year skid mark of a debacle.

Hall Of Fame
    We are a little over a month away from having credibility again. Just be patient.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Rex, just stop, you sound like a ****ing moron. Your starting LG and QB are absolutely putrid. You're a joke for continuing to play both of them.

Good luck with your next team.

The CB is too, but +1 on the rest of your post