Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Rex......

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Rex on rookies: "If this is not an A+ class, I don't know what you're looking for.''

Well we certainly can affirm this is a case of kissing your boss's ass, and attempting to save your job.
    Exactly correct...

The class isn't that good and Idzik definitely deserves a bulk of the responsibility for that. Winters is garbage at LG, Geno has shown very little, and Milliner has been brutal. Fullbacks don't matter. Sheldon is a star though... He is worth being excited about.

But when REx is gone, those 3 defensive linemen's performance will probably fall off a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We are a little over a month away from having credibility again. Just be patient.

Wasn't this said last year when you wanteg Tanny gone?

Once again, please do tell me how the super talented, best managed, supremely coached Green Bay Packers are doing since Rodgers went down?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Once again, please do tell me how the super talented, best managed, supremely coached Green Bay Packers are doing since Rodgers went down?
    great point, I was just thinking the same thing last weekend after seeing Jordy Nelson's stat line

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    great point, I was just thinking the same thing last weekend after seeing Jordy Nelson's stat line
    How did Brady look early on when all his starting WRs and Gronk were injured ? With Kerley injured we don't have a slot receiver. Steven Hill can't catch sh!t. Cumberland has hands of stone. Geno can't hit Powell as he's a midget. Ivory can't catch a screen. Winslow can catch but we don't put him in the game. Santonio has a chronic hammy and is good for one catch a game. Did I miss anybody. lol

He really has no shame at all.. No problem publicly embarrassing himself

I understand the hate about this, but remember he also said that Geno had a brutal practice.

And to be honest, I don't know who has had a good rookie year this year outside of the Jets. Bernard, Alonso, and that's it really.

Hall Of Fame
    Wasn't this said last year when you wanteg Tanny gone?

If I did say that it was probably b.c I assumed both Rex and Tanny were going to be fired at the same time. Which would have been the right thing to do.

You are so blinded that you don't see the difference. They are losing games b.c they lost their QB and their offense is bad. NOT b.c they ignored their offense for years and left it devoid of talent. Tanny, Rex and the bunch CONSCIOUSLY constructed this offense.

If I did say that it was probably b.c I assumed both Rex and Tanny were going to be fired at the same time. Which would have been the right thing to do.

You are so blinded that you don't see the difference. They are losing games b.c they lost their QB and their offense is bad. NOT b.c they ignored their offense for years and left it devoid of talent. Tanny, Rex and the bunch CONSCIOUSLY constructed this offense.
    He probably should have been fired last year. But in the long term what did it cost them? And don't mention Mangold, centers can play for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Exactly correct...

But when REx is gone, those 3 defensive linemen's performance will probably fall off a bit.
    And the offense will improve 100x over.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He probably should have been fired last year. But in the long term what did it cost them? And don't mention Mangold, centers can play for years.
    For starters, it might have cost them a better GM candidate but time will tell on that one. And it did delay the rebuild one year although I think the cap situation was going to hinder the rebuild regardless of the GM/HC.

For starters, it might have cost them a better GM candidate but time will tell on that one. And it did delay the rebuild one year although I think the cap situation was going to hinder the rebuild regardless of the GM/HC.
    Well the only real GM candidate that it might have actively cost us was the guy from San Fran. But then he went to interview for the San Diego job and he didn't get that job, which led to the question of what was this guy saying in his interview.

And you are correct on the cap situation.

In the end, the hugest cost is by the fans watching the season.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    And the offense will improve 100x over.
    Delusional....

The offense will improve when we have a QB in here. Or if Geno just improves over time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Unfortunately, even Mangolds play has slipped quite a bit this season. Now I'm not sure if it's all on Nick, but when your QB has no pocket presence, and takes the deepest 7 step drop back I have ever seen, and hangs on to the ball too long, you sure are gong to look pretty bad giving up too many cheap sacks

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

NOT b.c they ignored their offense for years and left it devoid of talent. Tanny, Rex and the bunch CONSCIOUSLY constructed this offense.

You keep saying they ignored their offense? Trading picks to move up to get Sanchez. Trading picks to get Edwards. Trading picks for Tebow, Ivory, holmes....this is not ignoring the offense. It's poor use of the draft picks.

You keep saying they ignored their offense? Trading picks to move up to get Sanchez. Trading picks to get Edwards. Trading picks for Tebow, Ivory, holmes....this is not ignoring the offense. It's poor use of the draft picks.
    Correct...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Delusional....

The offense will improve when we have a QB in here. Or if Geno just improves over time.
    Yeah no kidding, having a healthy Aaron Rodgers would make this offense better but they don't grow on trees. Bottom line is that Rex neglected the offense for years...the state of this offense falls on him. But Rex has bigger fish to fry right now, the offense isn't this team's only problem...

Hall Of Fame
    It is both. We need to invest first rounders on offense. That is where the neglect has been. We did it along the DL and that is why they are good. If you read the "Collision Low Crossers" book there is a part where the author explains how we do not value WRs with first round picks b.c they do not touch the ball enough. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about our archaic philosophy then I don't know what to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about our archaic philosophy then I don't know what to say.
    I somewhat tend to agree with that.....I do believe 1st rounders should be spent on big money positions.....now I'm not saying if a Sammy Watkins drops into our lap we don't take him, I just see far too many Cruz' as receiving leaders, as the Megatron 1st rounders.

Don't forget, we really wanted Austin this year, but the Bills blocked that pick by trading with the Rams

So I don't think we wouldn't take the right WR if available.

Rex is a fat loud mouth buffoon. LOL what a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Rex is a fat loud mouth buffoon. LOL what a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid argument