Thread: favorite QB from the prospective 2014 class

favorite QB from the prospective 2014 class

Jets Insider VIP
    Excluding Bridgewater...AJ McCarron.

All Pro
    I voted for other......

Famous Jameis in the 2015 draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Teddy Bridgewater is starting to grow on me. He needs to gain a few lbs to absorb the NFL punishment.

Voted "Other" - the more I watch this Broyles kid the more there is to like as far as arm strength, size and leadership. He really carreid that program and that is not a typical spread offense.

McCarron is also a close second for me. Im also a big fan of Hogan, but he isnt coming out, although im sure we could float a package deal rumor of shaw and hogan to the Jets and manish would pick it up.

blake bortles UCF. Smokin' hot girlfriend

Hall Of Fame
    My favorite QB is Tajh Boyd for obvious reasons. But I would draft Carr if I was drafting a QB this year.

Johnny Football

Caar is an interesting pick as well. Those are the only guys that will really be options when we pick in the 6-10 range.

Maybe we take the guy from LSU or McCarrein in the 2nd.

Carr for obvious reasons, but I've watched plenty of the other guys, and none have the pure arm strength to make any throw that Carr can. Once he develops in a pro style offense more, he will be a pretty good one I believe. He has good decision making and ability to evade a sack a few times a game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansocal View Post
    Carr for obvious reasons, but I've watched plenty of the other guys, and none have the pure arm strength to make any throw that Carr can. Once he develops in a pro style offense more, he will be a pretty good one I believe. He has good decision making and ability to evade a sack a few times a game.
    I was surprised how athletic he is. He has such a quick release to go along with a strong arm. That is a great combination.

I'm not crazy about any of them--the one who I would take a mid-round flyer on is Jimmy Garoppolo from Eastern Illinois. His 4yr stats indicate continuous progress.

Jets should save all their picks from 2013 and next hear combined, tank next season, and trade up for famous jameis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno Smith

Murrey although Hogan would likely be a high target for me if he declares. I just would never take an underclassman in the 1st. I just like Murreys attitude. We need a leader like him. He isnt big doesnt have a great arm but he goes out there and does it efficiently. He isnt going to be a stud starter but as I look at that list I dont really see a stud guy. So I would just take the safe bet. To me Murrey in 4-5 is best case for us.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I voted for other......

Famous Jameis in the 2015 draft
    +1 seriously.

Tank for Jameis in 2015, to hell with it, I want my Peyton, Cam, Luck...the next great QB. After 30 years I'm sick and tired of mediocrity.

All Pro
    I wanna know more about this kid

Casey Pachall

I like Bridgewater the best of this bunch by a fair margin, especially with Mariotta out of the picture now. But he won't be around by the time we should be thinking about picking up a QB (as I mentioned in the month before- mid rounds should present an opportunity) and as of now Carr will be highly touted as well so he'll be gone in the first. I don't want McCarron because I think he plays with an extreme advantage at Alabama. He can pretty much sit in the pocket and let plays develop because he has an absolute beast of an OLine year in and year out. With the athletes he has at his disposal, and that much time, I think pretty much any QB will look amazing. Unless he falls to the 6th round range, I wouldn't touch him.

Of the guys that could drop to us now:

Mettenberger- He has the arm tools, I'm not too sure about his overall game especially since he's playing with a good rushing attack and possibly two first round WRs at his disposal. I thought he was over-rated to begin with, but now with the injury, if he falls into the 6th rd range, I would take a shot. I don't think he's a plug and play type QB and would need some major developmental time, so it would give Geno another shot next year.

Other- Jeff Matthews- Another strong arm kid, who has problems with mechanics and a lack of fierce competition in the league he plays in. But the arm talent and assuming the brain processing ability is there, but he's another one that should drop to the 6th or below, and I could see us taking a shot on him.

Aaron Murray- I'm somewhat interested in him, especially with the injury. He's an IR stash, but he is experienced enough that he was an almost plug and play type QB who wouldn't need much time on the sideline, but his upside was limited. With his injury, value drops considerably, and when he's healthy, he wouldn't need much more developmental time in the case that Geno fails next year.

Bortles- I'm not that sold on him, although admitedlly, I haven't watched his last couple of games. But I did see a few games earlier in the year, and that team went basically how their RB went, they would rush it down people's throats, and when the teams moved up, go through the air. A late round flyer, can't really argue against it, but I'm not sold on him as of now.

David Fales- A darling a year ago, about how he was this hyper safe guy who would fit great in a WCO, but he's regressed this year. He still has very good accuracy and would be good in a short pass system, but arm strength is a major question. If he actually shows better arm strength at the combine than expected, or if scouts see a flaw that can be corrected to unearth more arm strength from his delivery, then I take a shot at him in the late rounds as well.

I'm operating on the basis that Geno gets one more year to improve, with weapons around him. But we should draft a QB this year as a backup, just because there is an inefficiency building up because of all the Qbs that would be available.