0 0%
  • AJ McCarron, Alabama

6 9.84%
  • other (name in post)

6 9.84%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: favorite QB from the prospective 2014 class

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    I don't see the upside in Bridgewater returning to school at all. All the negatives about him with lack of competition, are going to be there next year as well. And then he'll have other Qbs like Winston to deal with, whereas I think he's a guaranteed top 5 pick in this year's draft, so the risk is too much to go back.

And please, God No, to McCown. He has Marshall, Forte, Jeffery, and Bennet in a good offensive system, and faced a below average pass defense from the Rams, a terrible defense from the Vikings, and a horrible defense against the Cowboys. Let's not enshrine this guy like he figured it out in his mid 30s and now we need to go head over heels for him. The guy is a good backup, but he is not leading us to the promised land, or even the gentleman's agreement land, so by bringing him in, we curtail the rebuilding process so by the time we get rid of him, we have to start over with another young QB. Let Geno play next year, get him some weapons, and if it doesn't work out, then go to plan B.
    Louisville's going to be in the ACC next year, so they'll be playing a handful from the FSU, Clemson, Miami, VaTech, and Notre Dame bunch (Notre Dame is a partial member of the ACC going forward, playing 5 ACC teams every year). It will be a significant step up from the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    My favorite QB is Tajh Boyd for obvious reasons. But I would draft Carr if I was drafting a QB this year.
    I'm with you on Boyd.I just like what I see of him and the days of dismissing a QB under 6-2 are gone.He appears to have a remind out arm and release and has been sup-productive.....I guess the issue is the same as with Geno.....can he read defenses,play under centre,run a pro-style offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RexRutha View Post
    I'm not crazy about any of them--the one who I would take a mid-round flyer on is Jimmy Garoppolo from Eastern Illinois. His 4yr stats indicate continuous progress.
    I do like Bridgewater, but Garappolo is definitely an intriguing prospect.

I was suprised to see the how many people like Manziel. I dont likie him as a pro prospect, i think he will be a turnover machine in the NFL. I like CARR and wouldnt mind if we took Mettenberger if fell to the third round.

All Pro
    Bridgewater by a country mile, then Boyd.

I'm not high on murray or mccarron, both have some great tangibles but I don't know if i trust them at the pro-level to deliver consistently.

Mettenberger is intriguing but lots of questions. Haven't seen enough of Carr.

Manziel is a wild card. Newton or Tebow? I don't think we'll know until he plays.