Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan should be fired for the defense

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan should be fired for the defense

His defense is underachieving. There is a lot invested on that side of the ball and they get gashes game after game. Ryans defense is stale, and the NFL has figured it out. Time to go Rex.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    His defense is underachieving. There is a lot invested on that side of the ball and they get gashes game after game. Ryans defense is stale, and the NFL has figured it out. Time to go Rex.
    Okay.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way, rex always has a top 5 D. were the best against the run. hands down best DC in the nfl.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the pass rush needs to be more consistent. Sometimes QBs have forever to throw against us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    no way, rex always has a top 5 D. were the best against the run. hands down best DC in the nfl.
    Fire him and he can be a dc somewhere else. He's not any good as a hc.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not forget the defense wasn't reponsible for the pick , and blocked punt, where they get the ball on our 14

That's 14 points, that Rex haters will put on the defense

Our QB sucks...that's it and that's all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, Rex is not the genius he has everyone believing he is. Having said that, it was all about the blocked punt---inexcusable. And that falls on Rex and the special teams coach who has done a horrible job this seasons. IF it wasn't for Nick F, we would be the worst unit in the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    In what way are they top 5?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    In what way are they top 5?
    Jesus H. he is kidding. Big Dan Posts that SAME line every week. he hates Rex.

Time for a change. Rex needs to go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Jesus H. he is kidding. Big Dan Posts that SAME line every week. he hates Rex.

Time for a change. Rex needs to go.
    oops

I can't say that I've noticed his posts. I've seen some people argue that seriously.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Lets not forget the defense wasn't reponsible for the pick , and blocked punt, where they get the ball on our 14

Ha come on don't make sense! These idiot Rex haters only count points

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Please in your infinite wisdom tell us how much experience Geno had under center prior to the draft last year? Please tell us how a raw QB with little to no talent assisting him could win 6 games and rally us back in 4 of them. Geno surely is not a finished product. He continues to make errors that cost us chances at winning but is he still a raw rookie? Maybe a bit less then when he started but yes he is a rookie. Your well crafted post surely told us a lot of information. Please tell us how any QB could look well with a weak OL and no time to set his feet; no receivers to get separation;receivers who drop easy catches; and a running attack that is not feared. You get all emotional when haters say dump REX and you examine the facts yet you do the same thing to Geno without examining the facts. Go figure...... must be another Suckchez fan boy. How about we build a team to compliment Geno's obvious talent and have him spend the off-season learning. Then in camp let him duke it out with two other QBs. The best player in a real QB competition wins the job unlike the sham of Suckchez being given the ball right out of college by REX with no real competition. We are still paying the price for that blunder.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 12-16-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    Defense has not played good enough of late. Some can be attributed to bad offense and always being on the field. The problem with the defense is that nobody can cover a receiver. Opposing QBs almost never have check down or look at a second receiver because the primary target is always open. In this circumstance, pass rush is nearly irrelevant because the QB does not have to hold the ball at all. On the contrary to being stale, we have made adjustments to the D, less blitzes and more coverage... Still can't cover anybody.

On the other hand, we have never been better defensively at short yardage. I dare teams to got for it on 4th and short.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He won't be back next year...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the defense was very disappointing yesterday - especially in the first half. Start of the 2nd quarter - we had just tied the game at 3 and pinned the Panthers deep on a muffed kickoff at the 11. Great defenses force a 3 and out and give the offense the ball back at mid field. I know you are not going to force the 3 & out every time. But we gave up a 15 play 80+ yard FG drive that took over 8 minutes. If the defense was gassed in the 2nd half, maybe it had to do with the inability of the defense to get off the friggin field in the first half. After the D stiffens in the red zone and holds to a FG, we tie it up again. Panthers get the ball and one play - 78 yards for another TD.

Sorry, I cannot call that good defense. We gave up points on 4 straight drives in the 2nd quarter to a below average offensive team. Offense and Specials may have killed any chance for comeback in the 2nd half, but defense was a big part of the reason we were down double digits at halftime. 0 turnovers, 2 sacks, 67% completions against, over 10 yards a passattempt and 130 yards rushing against. Does not sound like good defense to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I thought the defense was very disappointing yesterday - especially in the first half. Start of the 2nd quarter - we had just tied the game at 3 and pinned the Panthers deep on a muffed kickoff at the 11. Great defenses force a 3 and out and give the offense the ball back at mid field. I know you are not going to force the 3 & out every time. But we gave up a 15 play 80+ yard FG drive that took over 8 minutes. If the defense was gassed in the 2nd half, maybe it had to do with the inability of the defense to get off the friggin field in the first half. After the D stiffens in the red zone and holds to a FG, we tie it up again. Panthers get the ball and one play - 78 yards for another TD.

Sorry, I cannot call that good defense. We gave up points on 4 straight drives in the 2nd quarter to a below average offensive team. Offense and Specials may have killed any chance for comeback in the 2nd half, but defense was a big part of the reason we were down double digits at halftime. 0 turnovers, 2 sacks, 67% completions against, over 10 yards a passattempt and 130 yards rushing against. Does not sound like good defense to me.
    Going by your criteria Carolina's D sucks also their offense may be ranked 17th but the Jets O is ranked 31th..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Going by your criteria Carolina's D sucks also their offense may be ranked 17th but the Jets O is ranked 31th..
    Not sure that I understand your point. I never said the Jets D sucks - I just didn't think they played well yesterday. Carolina's D did not give up points on 4 straight drives, they forced a turnover, scored points, had 4 sacks, didn't give up big plays and pressured Geno all night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Actually, Rex is not the genius he has everyone believing he is. Having said that, it was all about the blocked punt---inexcusable. And that falls on Rex and the special teams coach who has done a horrible job this seasons. IF it wasn't for Nick F, we would be the worst unit in the NFL.
    That was a clear rational thought. Placing blame on the person in charge. Cool.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Not sure that I understand your point. I never said the Jets D sucks - I just didn't think they played well yesterday. Carolina's D did not give up points on 4 straight drives, they forced a turnover, scored points, had 4 sacks, didn't give up big plays and pressured Geno all night.
    I was talking about yesterday also the Panther D gave up 20 points to a horrible offense. At the end of the game does it matter on what drives points were given up or the total of points in the Game?? The Panther D gave up more then double their season rushing avg and the Jet D was on the field much more then the Panther D.. BTW Newton has made a Pro Bowl and Geno admitted he shouldn't have tried that pass into double coverage.. The Panthers did a better job of shutting out Eli and the Giants 38-0 earlier in the year.. Is the Giants bad O or bad D Tom Coughlin's fault??