Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My View: The Rebuild Starts Now

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Rex is going to stay...and should say.

I'm not sure how anyone can possibly blame him for this talent, in a rebuilding year.

Do you people actually watch the games - Geno Smith, right now, is likely the worst starting QB in the NFL - How many coaches would win more than 6 games with the worst QB in the NFL?
    Not many people are blaming him for the lack of talent on the offense.

I'm blaming him for:

Badly underachieving defense that has given up an ungodly number of big play tds. (see my previous posts.) this is a defense laced with 1st rounders and high picks and he is supposedly a D guru, the defense has been bad. He only made it worse by gloming onto an obviously shot Ed Reed.

Still, after 5 years or so no apparent clue as to what he wants to do or how he should handle the offense. He doesn't know if he should be more hands on, stay the heck away from it, he has no clue what he wants to do in that regard.

The offense? No you can't blame him for that talent wise but the defense and the overall direction a head coach needs to take a team you can blame him for that.

He has been over the years the biggest supporterd

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uptowngreengang View Post
    I'm sorry, but we have 6 wins with NO ONE ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.

- Winters gives up sacks every week.
    - Colon is good for a penalty a game.
    - Hill has been hot garbage
    - Santonio. Enough Said.
    - Goodson was the best player on offense and he's done (when he wasn't suspended or indicted)
    - Cumberland can't make a big catch in traffic.
    - Geno tries but is a rookie making rookie mistakes.

The defense CANT STAY ON THE FIELD AS LONG AS IT DOES WEEK TO WEEK AND BE EFFECTIVE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

- I'm sorry, but with this roster, I'll take the six wins. THERE IS NO COACH IN THE LEAGUE THAT COULD ACHIEVE 6 WINS WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER.

Complete and utter BS .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I keep wondering if the first part of rhe rebuilding the coaching staff this year was letting Westoff retire was our worstmove since everymonday jets seem to get aC- or less on S.T. grade .I wonder how many more wins we would have gotten had westoff stayed 1 more year for us.
    Read something this morning in the Star ledger where Rex was concerned with Ted Ginn so they added another gunner and left one less blocker. Yet another idiotic move by our HC predicated by his past failures against players. If he's here next year maybe he'll sign the stud Ginn , like he did Mason, Holmes, Reed etc..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not giving up on Geno yet. I maintain that you're never going to find out how good a QB is until he plays on a team with good offensive personnel.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    How could you not want Rex fired at this point?

To Warfish:

I disagree with 6 and 7. Geno could have a big jump with a good offseason program. Also, I think the Jets have great foundation for a 4-3 defense so finding someone like Rex is not critical.
    How are we a good fit for a 4-3? Where do you play Snacks? In essence we would have to waste a good NT because neither Richardson or Wilk are playing DE in a 4-3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I'm not giving up on Geno yet. I maintain that you're never going to find out how good a QB is until he plays on a team with good offensive personnel.
    Disagree .. You can evaluate things like looking off receivers, reading defenses, being accurate with the football. protecting the football and making adjustments at the line.

It's not ALL about winning ....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Disagree .. You can evaluate things like looking off receivers, reading defenses, being accurate with the football. protecting the football and making adjustments at the line.

It's not ALL about winning ....
    Final grade for GeeNO this year .... F-