Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This team will be in the playoffs next year

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Good point. Can't disagree.
    I was young at the time but was Elway considered kind of a bust till his last 4ish years? His numbers were pretty pedestrian for one of the greatest prospects of all time.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I was young at the time but was Elway considered kind of a bust till his last 4ish years? His numbers were pretty pedestrian for one of the greatest prospects of all time.
    I wouldn't say he was considered a bust. He was kinda in that same realm as Marino...a great QB that couldn't win the big game.

I agree... the turnover in the NFL is very fast, look at how KC/indy/carolina are doing right now after drafting #1 overall in the last few years. the rams will make the playoffs next year too

All Pro
    I'd rather have Lane Kiffin than Mike Shanahan. He's an awful coach.

John Elway won those two SB's, not Shanahan.
    Shanahan has two rings, and is now deaing with probably the worst owner in the NFL. Along with a QB who isn't a team player
    Elway won those two SB's late in his career because they(Shanahan) finally got him a great running back in Terrell Davis.

I do like Kiffin though. If we cant get a proven SB winning HC, then I'd just stay with Rex

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Shanahan has two rings, and is now deaing with probably the worst owner in the NFL. Along with a QB who isn't a team player
    Elway won those two SB's late in his career because they(Shanahan) finally got him a great running back in Terrell Davis.

I do like Kiffin though. If we cant get a proven SB winning HC, then I'd just stay with Rex
    Daniel Synder may be an idiot when it comes to football, but he is far from the worst owner. The guy constantly puts his money where his mouth is. He just needs to sign the checks and let competent football people run the rest. Which is also why we slim chance in signing Orakpo in the offseason.

All Pro
    Daniel Synder may be an idiot when it comes to football, but he is far from the worst owner. The guy constantly puts his money where his mouth is. He just needs to sign the checks and let competent football people run the rest. Which is also why we slim chance in signing Orakpo in the offseason.
    You have a valid point. I shouldn't have said the worst, but you don't get involved with what the coach is trying to do. Synder caused that RG3 mess down there. Shanahan is a great coach, you cant get involved as an owner. He's going to fire Shanahan, who I'd grab up in a second if i'm Woody because you'll have a better shot at getting Cutler.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 12-16-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    You have a valid point. I shouldn't have said the worst, but you don't get involved with what the coach is trying to do. Synder caused that RG3 mess down there. Shanahan is a great coach, you cant get involved as an owner.
    That's why I don't mind Woody so much. He tries hard and is willing to spend and make a splash. He just hasn't found the right guy to run it all. Hopefully Idzik is that guy.

All Pro
    That's why I don't mind Woody so much. He tries hard and is willing to spend and make a splash. He just hasn't found the right guy to run it all. Hopefully Idzik is that guy.
    I know Woody will out bid the Bears or any other team to get Cutler, if that's what Rex or whoever our next HC might be. You cant win in this league without a franchise QB, especially one who can play in the cold weather of the northeast.

There are serious problems that run deep, holes that will take years to fill.
    We will soon officially have slow LBs, if we don't already. We need major OL help, a safety, a TE, one or two more CBs, more playmaking ability in the backfield, and like 17 WRs.

DC

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Your credibility has been questioned numerous times on this site. Your statement [bolded portion] reveals your lack of knowledge or you just looking for a reaction by posting outrageous comments. This is laughable at best. Please do us all a favor and STOP POSTING.
    +1. Dope.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Get rid of Rex.
    Bring in Bevell
    Start Sanchez
    keep the offense intact.
    Boom Playoffs!
    Oh you had me until "Keep the offense intact".

This team is as far from a legitimate playoff team as we are from the nearest star. Why cannot the members here call it like it is. This team is a wreck and in need of a major overhaul.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd rather have Lane Kiffin than Mike Shanahan. He's an awful coach.

John Elway won those two SB's, not Shanahan.
    Lane Kiffin? Lost all cred right bud...

No, not his last four years. His first 2-3 years were rough, after that he was the man. Elway never had a pro bowl wr until McCaffrey and Smith and Pro bowl te Sharpe. His first Pro bowl rb was Davis. Before that he had a bunch of average skilled players of which he took to 3 Super Bowls.
    Pedestrian numbers, stop. He played in an era when the D could actually play D, not the fantasy/Madden era of today.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Lane Kiffin? Lost all cred right bud...
    Duh...I was comparing one horrible coach with another to make the point of how bad Shanahan sucks.

This is the biggest need by far. Then again has it not always been the case with the Jets