Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klecko on SNY- "Somebody's gonna rip Holmes' head off"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes should be deactivated for the rest of the season. He talked a big game this week then gave an absolute no-show. His presence is more harmful at this point. Give the young WRs a chance to play. If RG3 can be deactivated, so can Holmes....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    holMEs will be unemployed next year, going the way of Ocho and the other loudmouths that couldn't live up to their own hype. It just sucks that he walks away with $45 million. I hope he gets scammed out of every penny.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    holMEs will be unemployed next year, going the way of Ocho and the other loudmouths that couldn't live up to their own hype. It just sucks that he walks away with $45 million. I hope he gets scammed out of every penny.
    I'd look for Detroit to sign him. They don't mind head cases and he would come cheap. He'd do well across from Calvin, but so would any other receiver.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i remember a few of those targets being way off, as always with geno. they both suck donkey balls. you can see the end results -> pathetic numbers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for the day I see a tweet from Schefter saying we cut this douche

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I get your allegiance to this team - most on JI would give an organ or limb for a SB appearance and a chance to win it all, but please stop.

Trying to defend Holmes? Really? With the exception of the d-line and Folk (yes, Folk), this team is fcuked and needs a complete overhall.

Allegiance to the team? Nonsense

I said I get the angst some fans have with Holmes, I just think some of it is misguided. He doesn't do enough for fans to like him, he creates the animosity, I was agreeing with this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    2 for 8 - which one of the six drops was the bad one?
    The one he should have caught. Most of the others were timing issues with Geno, or bad throws.

That said, as I just said, Holmes did himself no justice today, and he makes it easy for fans to hate him, that's on him.

But it's clear he's not in sync with Geno. Some of that is on him, but a lot of it is Geno being a rookie, and Holmes being hurt most of the year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I very much think Holmes is extremely misunderstood by most fans, and he gets a raw deal, but I understand some of it.

The way he was talking, it seemed to me that maybe he was feeling healthy in himself. Part of me also thinks he did it on purpose, maybe even prompted to do it so the defense would shift its focus in the passing game to make sure they shut it down to spite Holmes, but was done to open up the defensive front for the running game. To a degree, think it worked a little bit.

Holmes had a bad drop, but otherwise was fine.

Meh, he doesn't exactly do anything for the casual fan to make them root for him, he does it to himself.

But if he's gone next year, so be it.
    Lol come on ray! Holmes planned talking crap so he could get the ball less and his teammates could run more? Lol..that is the last thing Holmes wants! He wants the ball all the time! I'm not getting on him for that I think it's a good thing for a WR to want the ball all the time if he is willing to work his butt off every play to get open.. Something not many of our receivers have been doing.. A great many WRs in this league are prima donnas and cry when they don't get the ball.. Holmes in 1 of them.. The issue is he should have kept his mouth shut, it may have been hard for panthers to actually get motivated to play jets.. Could have came in and punched them in the mouth and stole this game especially seeing how close we were.. Holmes gave the D motivation.. I wish opposing teams would have talked more trash about the jets leading up to their matchup, we have a prideful group of players.. may have had another win or 2.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I'd cut him tonight.
    It still amazes me he was ever allowed back in the Jets huddle after the season ending debacle previously. Get rid of him already,

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't wait till this underachieving cancer is gone.
    to think we could've had Cotchery still here.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I get your allegiance to this team - most on JI would give an organ or limb for a SB appearance and a chance to win it all, but please stop.

Trying to defend Holmes? Really? With the exception of the d-line and Folk (yes, Folk), this team is fcuked and needs a complete overhall.
    Was just thinking yesterday that its kind of a shame that his season this year is wasted on a below average team. I was pretty confident he was going to hit that 54 yarder - I've never felt that way before about a Jet FG attempt.

Guy is having a fantastic year. Hopefully our PK spot is a no brainer for the next 5 years. Of course, knowing us, he'll probably leave after the season. That's what happens when you give a guy a string of 1 yr deals.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I was a Holmes defender at the beginning of the season, but this guy needs to f*cking go.
    This!!!! He's a POS for that stunt he pulled

You wanna flap your gums all week? You better be ready to ball on Sunday!!!!!