Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dying to hear what the people who want Rex gone has to say on these matters.

Dying to hear what the people who want Rex gone has to say on these matters.

The offense has been bad the past few years but did that really start with Rex? Were we a power house offense under the Mangini Pennington Era? Were we a juggernaut offense the year A HOF quarterback was here? People bash Rex for focusing on defense well the defense was old and was ranked 28th a year before he got here. Was it Rex's decision to trade up for Sanchez? During hard knocks that Rex himself only picks 1 draft pick a season. I seriously doubt his 1 pick in 09 was Mark Sanchez. I would guess it was Greene but I digress... Does Rex over pay for players? That leave the cap space in shambles? Mike TannenBUM has taken full took full blame for the Tebow trade and said it was "100% on him" If Rex is to blame for the teams troubles why does Rex Ryan still have job for this team while TannenBUM doesn't even have a job in the NFL period? What do you guys know that 32 NFL owners don't? In the time Rex has been here has dealt with 2 rookie quarterbacks 3 offensive coordinators 2 defensive coordinators and 2 gm's. Give the man time to build the team up in his vision. It started this year and we have over achieved light years beyond most peoples expectations. This team will be going places if you have patience.

Jets Insider VIP
    You make this same thread every ****ing day.

Rex has gone through two rookie QBs (you could argue that he's ruined them both), three different OCs, a variety of personnel that he's had a hand in picking, and hasn't developed any offensive skill players outside of Kerley, who's nothing more than an above average slot WR.

He's had five years to "build the team up" and it's in MUCH worse shape than when he took over. Rex has shown what his offensive philosophy is and it just doesn't work in today's NFL.

It's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Rex has gone through two rookie QBs (you could argue that he's ruined them both), three different OCs, a variety of personnel that he's had a hand in picking, and hasn't developed any offensive skill players outside of Kerley, who's nothing more than an above average slot WR.

He's had five years to "build the team up" and it's in MUCH worse shape than when he took over. Rex has shown what his offensive philosophy is and it just doesn't work in today's NFL.

It's time to move on.
    Like Idzik really gave him the players to succeed....Don't scapegoat Rex for the jets lack of talent

It's time to move on.
    Really every day? go look my thread's created. It has been 2 weeks since I have made a thread about Rex and it was 2 months before that. Your an idiot with know football common sense what so ever. We have 5 rookies starting. 7 new starters on defense and your acting like this should be a team in contention for a super bowl. Willie Colon just came out and said "Firing Rex would hurt the franchise" You know more then a 2x super bowl champion who's played the game his entire life right?
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 12-16-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Brett Farve had one of his worst seasons ever a year before his best season ever. Wonder why? Oh, I know. NO OFFENSIVE TALENT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jjoy21 View Post
    Like Idzik really gave him the players to succeed....Don't scapegoat Rex for the jets lack of talent
    Everyone around Rex has been scapegoated over the years: Schitty, Sparano, Tannenbaum, and other staffers. Yet, year after year, the offense remains an embarrassment. Rex is the one constant. How many chances do you want to give him? How many more years of a neutered, shell of an offense do you want to witness?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Really every day? Go look at my thread's created. It has been 2 weeks since I have made a thread about Rex
    You made this same exact thread yesterday, only you didn't mention Rex. Same message, though.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...se-is-no-good?

Jets Insider VIP
    The offense has been bad the past few years but did that really start with Rex? Were we a power house offense under the Mangini Pennington Era? Were we a juggernaut offense the year A HOF quarterback was here? People bash Rex for focusing on defense well the defense was old and was ranked 28th a year before he got here. Was it Rex's decision to trade up for Sanchez? During hard knocks that Rex himself only picks 1 draft pick a season. I seriously doubt his 1 pick in 09 was Mark Sanchez. I would guess it was Greene but I digress... Does Rex over pay for players? That leave the cap space in shambles? Mike TannenBUM has taken full took full blame for the Tebow trade and said it was "100% on him" If Rex is to blame for the teams troubles why does Rex Ryan still have job for this team while TannenBUM doesn't even have a job in the NFL period? What do you guys know that 32 NFL owners don't? In the time Rex has been here has dealt with 2 rookie quarterbacks 3 offensive coordinators 2 defensive coordinators and 2 gm's. Give the man time to build the team up in his vision. It started this year and we have over achieved light years beyond most peoples expectations. This team will be going places if you have patience.
    Put that in paragraph form with some separation.

All Pro
    I was on the fence about Rex until the Dolphins game.
    Previously, i had been back n forth with his absence from the offensive side of the game. Many posters made great points how there IS no head coach with greatness on both sides of the ball, and how we want MM to be the leader of offense, etc......all good points.

Back to the Dolphins game......3rd quarter, 3rd and long....camera pans to Rex, not even WATCHING the offensive unit on the field, but rather huddling up and trying to rally some of his defensive front 7 on the bench.

Really? Not even going to watch the offense play Rex? On 3rd down, with your playoff hopes on the line?

Great guy, Great Coordinator, not good HC.

I support Rex, however he's been here half a decade and we still stink on the side of the ball he's clueless on, he has had a huge say/influence under Tanny and he must be held accountable for the lack of offensive talent and 2 high pick QB'S struggling on his watch.

I'm not sayin he should pay with his job, but he certainly should be criticised for the constant struggles on Offense in his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Brett Farve had one of his worst seasons ever a year before his best season ever. Wonder why? Oh, I know. NO OFFENSIVE TALENT.
    BINGO. Then there's this notion that Rex ignores the offense. The first 2 picks of Rex's tenure were a QB and a RB. Then we traded for a WR not even a month into the 09 season. 2010 we sign LT trade for Holmes. 11. We lose Braylon (Rex's fault) he sabotaged the team and told TannenBUM to lose Edwards whom Rex loves and over pay for Holmes. Then we sign Plaxico (Again Rex's fault) he really wanted to get a good look at that leg.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I was on the fence about Rex until the Dolphins game.
    Previously, i had been back n forth with his absence from the offensive side of the game. Many posters made great points how there IS no head coach with greatness on both sides of the ball, and how we want MM to be the leader of offense, etc......all good points.

Back to the Dolphins game......3rd quarter, 3rd and long....camera pans to Rex, not even WATCHING the offensive unit on the field, but rather huddling up and trying to rally some of his defensive front 7 on the bench.

Really? Not even going to watch the offense play Rex? On 3rd down, with your playoff hopes on the line?

Great guy, Great Coordinator, not good HC.
    Bill Belichick and every other HC does every game...

Don't scapegoat Rex for the jets lack of talent
    Don't "scapegoat" the man most responsible for our lack of talent, for our lack of talent, eh?

This loltastic idea that Rex has had no say of any kind on who we have on the roster...is laughable.

The demands for patience, when the team has done nothing but get worse each year under Rex Ryan....is laughable.

The idea that sanchez wasn't Rex's guy, that Smith wasn't Rex's guy, that these O-Co's weren't Rex's guys, it's all laughable.

Total abandonment of the idea of responsabillity, why, because you like Rex's foot-****ing good ol' boy boastful-but-can't-ever-back-it-up personality?

Or is this the same old same old "we must have consistency even if the consistency is constantly bad" line of thinking, the idea we're only bad because we change, not because we hire bad coaches.

So, how many more Rex losing season then? Specificly? How many more utterly pathetic Offenseive years? Five? Ten?

We'll just keep Sanchez too, since clearly he never had the weapons around him to succeed, and five seasons isn't enough, we need to be patient, have consistency, so Sanchez is clearly the ebst man for the 2014 QB job, right?

You made this same exact thread yesterday, only you didn't mention Rex. Same message, though.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...se-is-no-good?
    No actually that was more in defense to Geno not Rex... But take it however you want to

That's not the point, the decline in talent took place before Idzik became GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Don't "scapegoat" the man most responsible for our lack of talent, for our lack of talent, eh?

This loltastic idea that Rex has had no say of any kind on who we have on the roster...is laughable.

The demands for patience, when the team has done nothing but get worse each year under Rex Ryan....is laughable.

The idea that sanchez wasn't Rex's guy, that Smith wasn't Rex's guy, that these O-Co's weren't Rex's guys, it's all laughable.

Total abandonment of the idea of responsabillity, why, because you like Rex's foot-****ing good ol' boy boastful-but-can't-ever-back-it-up personality?

Or is this the same old same old "we must have consistency even if the consistency is constantly bad" line of thinking, the idea we're only bad because we change, not because we hire bad coaches.

So, how many more Rex losing season then? Specificly? How many more utterly pathetic Offenseive years? Five? Ten?

We'll just keep Sanchez too, since clearly he never had the weapons around him to succeed, and five seasons isn't enough, we need to be patient, have consistency, so Sanchez is clearly the ebst man for the 2014 QB job, right?
    So we are not better then last season?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Put that in paragraph form with some separation.
    In all fairness, his paragraph has as much separation as our receivers get!

The bottom line is that we need talent and we have none on offense. Name a player who scares anyone (except for scaring us fans with how hideous they are!).

Seriously, just about every NFL team has at least one star player on offense...be it a QB like Manning, Brees, Brady, etc. or a WR like AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, or a RB like AP, Jamaal Charles, etc. Heck, you could put an aging star TE like Jason Witten on this team and he'd instantly be our best offensive player! Who is our stud? Who is the guy that other teams have to account for or double cover? There is no one. End of story.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 12-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Everyone around Rex has been scapegoated over the years: Schitty, Sparano, Tannenbaum, and other staffers. Yet, year after year, the offense remains an embarrassment. Rex is the one constant. How many chances do you want to give him? How many more years of a neutered, shell of an offense do you want to witness?
    Our offense isn't an embarressment.our passing offense is. Who,s fault is that, Rex's for throwing into double coverage, buttfumbling, no weapons, exept for an injury prone wide receiver, and a tight end with bad knees. Please.

Jets Insider VIP
    So we are not better then last season?
    The talent has regressed on offense every year since 2011. That team with LaDanian Tomlinson, Braylon Edwards, a healthy Holmes, an unsung stud in FB Tony Richardson, etc. was the best talent on O since the late 90's with Curtis Martin, Keyshawn and Chrebet. And while the D line is the best its been in years, our LB corps is average and our secondary lost the best defender in football. I'm not surprised that the Jets will be about a 7 win team....they have 6 or 7 win talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm fully aware that this offense doesn't have much talent to work with.

But what's the excuse for the defense? A unit that has more former 1st round picks starting than any other defense in the league? A unit that has a supposed "defensive mastermind" calling the shots?

Why the f*ck to they continually get sliced and diced, especially by no-names like Matt McGloin and plenty of other JAG QB's this year and in years past? Why do we consistently get burnt for big plays?

I'm sure there are less talented secondaries out there which don't have the benefit of 3 former 1st round picks at CB...and they still perform a helluva lot better than this sorry ass group.