Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: Dying to hear what the people who want Rex gone has to say on these matters.

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Brett Farve had one of his worst seasons ever a year before his best season ever. Wonder why? Oh, I know. NO OFFENSIVE TALENT.
    Injury.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Dude you said you were "dying to hear what the people who want Rex gone have to say on these matters" but your post is a lecture on why Rex should stay. I appreciate your passion and agree to a point with you, however, the tone of your post does not suggest that you are interested in anything except venting your opinion.
    I asked very simple questions and have not gotten 1 single answer back. If Rex is to blame for where the team is why does he still have job here why TannenBUM has no job in the NFL? Does Rex deal with the cap that leaves money to sign players? And were we ever an offensive power house before Rex got here? I am dying to here what they have to say on these matters and have gotten zero responses to answer any of them.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    You mean our offense has actually improved slightly overall? Even the year we had a hof qb? You sir are defying the logic of SOJF. Please band this extremist mods.
    If I wanted to stir the pot I would mention how the holy grail of coaching, Bill Belichick, was 36-44 his first 5 season, and then 5-11 in his 6th before he got a hall of fame quarterback, while Rex is 40-38. I don't want to do that though.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk11220 View Post
    If I wanted to stir the pot I would mention how the holy grail of coaching, Bill Belichick, was 36-44 his first 5 season, and then 5-11 in his 6th before he got a hall of fame quarterback, while Rex is 40-38. I don't want to do that though.
    And for every example of a bill belichick turning the corner after 5 years, there are 5 examples of coaches who didn't.

    Also. Belichick was fired and didn't get another head coaching job for 5 years. I'm a believer that Rex deserves another chance, but him going back to being a DC and perhaps learning more about coaching from another head coach isn't such a bad idea for his career.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I asked very simple questions and have not gotten 1 single answer back. If Rex is to blame for where the team is why does he still have job here why TannenBUM has no job in the NFL? Does Rex deal with the cap that leaves money to sign players? And were we ever an offensive power house before Rex got here? I am dying to here what they have to say on these matters and have gotten zero responses to answer any of them.
    Of course we wern't offensive powerhouses, we've had defensive minded coaches for over a decade now. And Rex still has his job for one reason the owner likes him more than he did the GM plain and simple.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    And for every example of a bill belichick turning the corner after 5 years, there are 5 examples of coaches who didn't.

    Also. Belichick was fired and didn't get another head coaching job for 5 years. I'm a believer that Rex deserves another chance, but him going back to being a DC and perhaps learning more about coaching from another head coach isn't such a bad idea for his career.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Perhaps, but I think you missed the previous post about the talent that Rex has worked with. Regardless of he played a significant role in building the team (which I firmly believe is the GM's/Scouting Departments job), he has a winning record through 5 seasons, and Idzik can simply take that aspect away from him. Allow Idzik to build the team, and have Rex coach, unless anyone can say this roster is 6/7/8 win team.

  7. #47

    Dying to hear what the people who want Rex gone has to say on these matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I asked very simple questions and have not gotten 1 single answer back. If Rex is to blame for where the team is why does he still have job here why TannenBUM has no job in the NFL? Does Rex deal with the cap that leaves money to sign players? And were we ever an offensive power house before Rex got here? I am dying to here what they have to say on these matters and have gotten zero responses to answer any of them.

    Here's a response. Rex had 2 yrs left on his contract for approx $7M. Tanny had 2 yrs on his contract for approx $4M. Woody didn't want to eat approx $11M in contracts. Yes, Rex would have been hired as a DC, if he wanted, to offset a few $M. JMO.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Don't "scapegoat" the man most responsible for our lack of talent, for our lack of talent, eh?

    This loltastic idea that Rex has had no say of any kind on who we have on the roster...is laughable.

    The demands for patience, when the team has done nothing but get worse each year under Rex Ryan....is laughable.

    The idea that sanchez wasn't Rex's guy, that Smith wasn't Rex's guy, that these O-Co's weren't Rex's guys, it's all laughable.

    Total abandonment of the idea of responsabillity, why, because you like Rex's foot-****ing good ol' boy boastful-but-can't-ever-back-it-up personality?

    Or is this the same old same old "we must have consistency even if the consistency is constantly bad" line of thinking, the idea we're only bad because we change, not because we hire bad coaches.

    So, how many more Rex losing season then? Specificly? How many more utterly pathetic Offenseive years? Five? Ten?

    We'll just keep Sanchez too, since clearly he never had the weapons around him to succeed, and five seasons isn't enough, we need to be patient, have consistency, so Sanchez is clearly the ebst man for the 2014 QB job, right?
    Post of the month right there. Great word that, laughable. Applies to pretty much all the Rex boot licking posts. I like Rex. Players like Rex. But he has failed and his philosophy is not a winning one. He just needs to go. And we need to be very careful with our next HC selection.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Here's a response. Rex had 2 yrs left on his contract for approx $7M. Tanny had 2 yrs on his contract for approx $4M. Woody didn't want to eat approx $11M in contracts. Yes, Rex have been hired as a DC to offset a few $M. JMO.
    Just to add to your point, Rex has made this team a front page team. The NFL is a media team, and makes the organization a ****load of money.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Post of the month right there. Great word that, laughable. Applies to pretty much all the Rex boot licking posts. I like Rex. Players like Rex. But he has failed and his philosophy is not a winning one. He just needs to go. And we need to be very careful with our next HC selection.
    You mean the philosophy that the 2012 Super Bowl Champs have?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk11220 View Post
    You mean the philosophy that the 2012 Super Bowl Champs have?
    Rex's philosophy is actually nothing like the Ravens philosophy. Yes they run the same defense, but Harbaugh is like a gazillion times more aggressive and dynamic in how they approach offense than Rex. And Rex is much more aggressive on defense than the Ravens are. Nothing alike.

  12. #52
    The argument for keeping Rex ("just give him a good QB and some talent") begs the question as to what Rex does that is so special that he absolutely needs to be retained? If all you need is a good QB, what's the point of the coach in the first place? Spare me the "players will run through walls for him" platitude.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I was on the fence about Rex until the Dolphins game.
    Previously, i had been back n forth with his absence from the offensive side of the game. Many posters made great points how there IS no head coach with greatness on both sides of the ball, and how we want MM to be the leader of offense, etc......all good points.

    Back to the Dolphins game......3rd quarter, 3rd and long....camera pans to Rex, not even WATCHING the offensive unit on the field, but rather huddling up and trying to rally some of his defensive front 7 on the bench.

    Really? Not even going to watch the offense play Rex? On 3rd down, with your playoff hopes on the line?

    Great guy, Great Coordinator, not good HC.
    Honestly, this is a very poor argument for not wanting Rex to be here. Watching from the sideline will do nothing for a player, that's what film is for. He's got a guy who's been coaching offense at a high level in the NFL for decades doing that. Rex was scheming or talking to the Defense....again poor argument.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm fully aware that this offense doesn't have much talent to work with.

    But what's the excuse for the defense? A unit that has more former 1st round picks starting than any other defense in the league? A unit that has a supposed "defensive mastermind" calling the shots?

    Why the f*ck to they continually get sliced and diced, especially by no-names like Matt McGloin and plenty of other JAG QB's this year and in years past? Why do we consistently get burnt for big plays?

    I'm sure there are less talented secondaries out there which don't have the benefit of 3 former 1st round picks at CB...and they still perform a helluva lot better than this sorry ass group.
    Seems like your shooting yourself in the foot with the bolded. I won't worry about defense until the O the is addressed and you should do the same.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    The defense is playing as well as they should be giving the circumstances. 1. The offense can't stay on the field that's going to ware down a defense. 2. We lost not only the best CB on the roster but we lost the best one in the NFL if you were expecting the secondary to be as good as years past your a fool. 3. The injury to Barnes I believe hurt the defense a lot. I know he's 1 man but nobody has been to match his speed coming off the edge. 4. We give up a lot of deep passes because we don't have a safety that can play center field. 5. 2 out of those 3 first corners have been battling nagging injuries all season. and 1 of them is a rookie who missed all of mini camp and half of training camp because of injuries.

    Someone ****ing gets it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I was on the fence about Rex until the Dolphins game.
    Previously, i had been back n forth with his absence from the offensive side of the game. Many posters made great points how there IS no head coach with greatness on both sides of the ball, and how we want MM to be the leader of offense, etc......all good points.

    Back to the Dolphins game......3rd quarter, 3rd and long....camera pans to Rex, not even WATCHING the offensive unit on the field, but rather huddling up and trying to rally some of his defensive front 7 on the bench.

    Really? Not even going to watch the offense play Rex? On 3rd down, with your playoff hopes on the line?

    Great guy, Great Coordinator, not good HC.
    Rex bashers need to get together and make up their minds.. Some say he is in Marty's ear all game whispering "run it" and that is why the O is so bad.. Because Marty is being told by Rex to run ha. you saw on tv quite the opposite, he is letting Marty have complete control of the O. Is that a bad thing? I really like Marty I don't think he needs Rex how to tell him how to run a offense.. Rex is the guy calling the D plays, he better be getting the d ready to take the field.. Extreme Nit picking here.. There is little talent on this team, let's give Izdik atleast a full yr to try and fix the mess left by MT.. He actually has a cap he can work with for next yr..

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    The offense has been bad the past few years but did that really start with Rex? Were we a power house offense under the Mangini Pennington Era? Were we a juggernaut offense the year A HOF quarterback was here? People bash Rex for focusing on defense well the defense was old and was ranked 28th a year before he got here. Was it Rex's decision to trade up for Sanchez? During hard knocks that Rex himself only picks 1 draft pick a season. I seriously doubt his 1 pick in 09 was Mark Sanchez. I would guess it was Greene but I digress... Does Rex over pay for players? That leave the cap space in shambles? Mike TannenBUM has taken full took full blame for the Tebow trade and said it was "100% on him" If Rex is to blame for the teams troubles why does Rex Ryan still have job for this team while TannenBUM doesn't even have a job in the NFL period? What do you guys know that 32 NFL owners don't? In the time Rex has been here has dealt with 2 rookie quarterbacks 3 offensive coordinators 2 defensive coordinators and 2 gm's. Give the man time to build the team up in his vision. It started this year and we have over achieved light years beyond most peoples expectations. This team will be going places if you have patience.

    rex didnt ruin theses guys like you say they are who they are plain and simple. MM did a great job with nick foles last year as a rookie and he has been getting better and better this year. Is the o line in philly that much better than ours there WR clearly are way better than ours there RB as well sometimes no matter how good a ccok you are you just cant make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Rex still has 43 wins in 5 years here lets not go back to the dark ages of 3 wins being a good season just for the sake of making a change in the coaching staff.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The argument for keeping Rex ("just give him a good QB and some talent") begs the question as to what Rex does that is so special that he absolutely needs to be retained? If all you need is a good QB, what's the point of the coach in the first place? Spare me the "players will run through walls for him" platitude.
    Generally speaking a coach is limited by the talent at QB. The bottom line (and this is a big strike against Rex, too), is that the Jets have had among the worst QB play in the NFL for 4 of the last 5 seasons. For example, there have been 45 seasons with QBs starting 12+ games and having a QB Rating under 80, 4 of those QBs won 10 games or more, 39 won 8 games or less. Not all of those coaches are bad or even "replacement level".

    That being said, I think Rex is partially responsible for the lack of development by the QBs, and that's as good a reason as any to let him go. Again, I think he deserves (and will get) a 2nd chance to be a head coach in the league. It is interesting to wonder what success Rex would have if he went to a team that already had an average NFL QB, as he's never had that.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk11220 View Post
    If I wanted to stir the pot I would mention how the holy grail of coaching, Bill Belichick, was 36-44 his first 5 season, and then 5-11 in his 6th before he got a hall of fame quarterback, while Rex is 40-38. I don't want to do that though.
    Flawed argument. You might as well say that every Lottery winner was zero for a lifetime in lotteries before winning the big one AND..... (this is where you get into trouble), that being zero for you own lifetime in lotteries is somehow implying that a big win is just around the corner.

    Nice try.

    But bollocks to that.

    ***gong***

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Flawed argument. You might as well say that every Lottery winner was zero for a lifetime in lotteries before winning the big one AND..... (this is where you get into trouble), that being zero for you own lifetime in lotteries is somehow implying that a big win is just around the corner.

    Nice try.

    But bollocks to that.

    ***gong***
    Or perhaps the context of the argument is a direct correlation to having the talent to work with. I personally don't care if Rex returns although I am a Rex supporter, as a head coach can only work with the talent available. I don't believe any coach could do any better with the talent available.

    However, in this so called lottery, your premise is Rex has been a zero, and if you feel that way, I am sorry for you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us