Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft A QB Until U Find A QB

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Post Draft A QB Until U Find A QB

Former ST Coach Mike Westhoff on SNY stated that with the NFL's new CBA & salary caps the NYJ should "draft a QB, give Geno some competition next season & keep drafting a QB until U find one".

Would you rather see another rookie or a veteran like Cutler start next season?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both only not like Cutler he is anther headcase. We need someone that has a will to win good or bad. We need to stay away from guys like Cutler, Sanchez, Vick and Orton. That said there will be better BU QBs in FA then what we have. I dont see a lot in this years QB class. IMO Carr, Murrey, and Boyd are the only 3 worth looking at if they are there in the 3rd IMO. I would sell my future on anther 1-2nd rounder in this draft and continue to lack on play makers. I liked Carr more then anyone last year but he is not high end talent. Early 3rd would be all I would invest. I think we can get Murrey in the mid/late 4th maybe 5th. That would be idea he is my favorite guy at this point value wise. Maybe Mettenburger in the 7th just to IR and stash him. In no way would I play him next year though. Out side of those guys I'll pass on the rest not a very good class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a high tier rookie

Carr, Bridgewater etc

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still think it will be Johnny Manziel...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Bring us Johnny Football!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    makes sense to me. keep drafting them until you find one!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Maybe Mettenburger in the 7th just to IR and stash him.
    Mettenberger...in the SEVENTH? HAHAHAHA.

Seriously?

The guy is 6'5" with a great arm, played in a pro-style offense with LSU and Cameron, is LIGHT years ahead of where Geno was when HE came out as a QB and you think he's going to make it to round 7?

Even with a torn ACL, he's going in the top 2 rds easy and I'd bet late 1st.

And, not a good QB class? You must be watching a different college season than I am.

Bridgewater, McCarron, Mettenberger, Carr, Boyd, Bortles, Manziel, Murray and Shaw say hi! And I'm leaving some out like Garrapolo and Fales cuz I haven't seen any of them.

Last year there were like 3 QBs taken in rds 1-3...this year, there will be like 9 taken in the first 3 rds...and Mettenberger will be gone by round 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    I still dont buy him declaring and if he did I dont buy anyone taking him earlier then the 3rd. He doesnt have enough going for him and is actually struggling a lot this year. It is obvious the coaches dont trust his arm. There is no way a GM looks at his game and says that is worth a 1-2 round pick IMO. He just doesnt have the abilities to play QB in the pros. I'd take him as a WR or HB well before I drafted him as a QB. He is a faster Tebow only without the size or a strong arm. Tebows size IMO was the base of his draft stock. You dont see many guys built like a OLB playing QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No on Cutler. But I agree that the Jets should look for competition in the draft for Geno.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Mettenberger...in the SEVENTH? HAHAHAHA.

Seriously?

The guy is 6'5" with a great arm, played in a pro-style offense with LSU and Cameron, is LIGHT years ahead of where Geno was when HE came out as a QB and you think he's going to make it to round 7?

Even with a torn ACL, he's going in the top 2 rds easy and I'd bet late 1st.

And, not a good QB class? You must be watching a different college season than I am.

Bridgewater, McCarron, Mettenberger, Carr, Boyd, Bortles, Manziel, Murray and Shaw say hi! And I'm leaving some out like Garrapolo and Fales cuz I haven't seen any of them.

Last year there were like 3 QBs taken in rds 1-3...this year, there will be like 9 taken in the first 3 rds...and Mettenberger will be gone by round 2.
    2nd knee surgery no one is taking him in the top 3 rounds. He will not be able to start next year he is a IR hide at best for some team. I love his ability but his stock is shot with a 2nd knee surgery. Maybe someone drops a 4th and IRs him for the year and see what happens but no one is giving up a high pick for a broken product at QB. We saw Barkley drop for much the same last year.

Bridgewater, McCarron, Mettenberger, Carr, Boyd, Bortles, Manziel, Murray and Shaw
    AND where is this a good class? Bridgewater is Geno only less mobile. McCarrons is a JAG with a hot mom. Mett is a cripple. Carr is 2-3 round talent in pretty much any other class. Manziel is 4th round talent. Murrey I like but he is not high end. Shaw? Really that is a reach. Your just listing bad QB now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still dont buy him declaring and if he did I dont buy anyone taking him earlier then the 3rd. He doesnt have enough going for him and is actually struggling a lot this year. It is obvious the coaches dont trust his arm. There is no way a GM looks at his game and says that is worth a 1-2 round pick IMO. He just doesnt have the abilities to play QB in the pros. I'd take him as a WR or HB well before I drafted him as a QB. He is a faster Tebow only without the size or a strong arm. Tebows size IMO was the base of his draft stock. You dont see many guys built like a OLB playing QB.
    Manziel has the arm and brain to play in the NFL...unfortunately he is too small, and his style of play will get him killed in the NFL. That is my only criticism of him, and makes him too much of a risk. He's got a moxie about him though, which makes him intriguing.

But I doubt he's even 5-11 as listed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still dont buy him declaring
    LOL

You've gotta be sh*ttin' me.

What makes you think he's staying in school?

Is it when he tweeted 4-5 months ago "F*ck College Station, can't wait to get out of here"?

Or was it when he jumped up in the stands and sang A&M's little fight song with the students and alumni after their last home game this year?

He's absolutely declaring for the draft and I wouldn't go near him. Kid is a douchebag of the highest order.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this QB class is overrated. I would take a flyer on a guy like David Fales in Rd 4

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manziel has the arm and brain to play in the NFL...unfortunately he is too small, and his style of play will get him killed in the NFL. That is my only criticism of him, and makes him too much of a risk. He's got a moxie about him though, which makes him intriguing.

But I doubt he's even 5-11 as listed.
    I think I may be taller then Manzeil. I doubt he is over 200lbs either. He does not have a very strong arm. Statically Tebow had good accuracy too in college I honestly dont see a big difference in their games other then the fact Tebow ran threw people and Manziel runs around them. Most of what Johhny does doesnt translate into a pro game however. His Moxie IMO is nolfied by his attitude off the field. It is hard to say he is a team leader when he has addiction and authority issues. His best asset IMO is his speed. He does have Mick Vick speed. Every time I watch his games I dont see one thing that makes me think he will be a good pro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2nd knee surgery no one is taking him in the top 3 rounds. He will not be able to start next year he is a IR hide at best for some team. I love his ability but his stock is shot with a 2nd knee surgery. Maybe someone drops a 4th and IRs him for the year and see what happens but no one is giving up a high pick for a broken product at QB. We saw Barkley drop for much the same last year.

AND where is this a good class? Bridgewater is Geno only less mobile. McCarrons is a JAG with a hot mom. Mett is a cripple. Carr is 2-3 round talent in pretty much any other class. Manziel is 4th round talent. Murrey I like but he is not high end. Shaw? Really that is a reach. Your just listing bad QB now.
    It's a good QB class compared to MOST years in the NFL draft, and an excellent QB draft compared to LAST year. In 2012, like 7 QB's were taken in the first 3 rds...this year there will be more than that. Last year there were 3 QBs taken in the 1st 3 rds TOTAL.

I don't want Bridgewater, I agree with you..he's Geno from a lesser conference..but someone's gonna take him early unless he stinks up the combine.

I'd take any of Mettenberger, McCarron, or Carr in rds 1-3 or Murray around 3-5. Other than Carr, all of these guys play in a pro-style, or at least pro-resembling offense. No more spread or read-option QB's for me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You've gotta be sh*ttin' me.

What makes you think he's staying in school?

Is it when he tweeted 4-5 months ago "F*ck College Station, can't wait to get out of here"?

Or was it when he jumped up in the stands and sang A&M's little fight song with the students and alumni after their last home game this year?

He's absolutely declaring for the draft and I wouldn't go near him. Kid is a douchebag of the highest order.
    Right now he is getting away with murder in college and is the man. He'd be just anther guy in the NFL fighting for a job. I dont think he could handle that. Maybe college isnt for him but neither is the pros. He is no where near ready his stock is dropping like a rock already and his rep needs a serious overhaul. As I have stated I dont think he will get a high draft grade by the draft board. I just cant see anyone with half a brain telling him to declare. For what money. He has money already so he'd just be throwing away his college years to bomb in the pros. Maybe he plans to go play in the AFL or something. I dont know. I highly doubt he play 1 game as a QB if he declares this year and that is not what he wants I am sure. At some point the reality of it will hit him. Declaring IMO would be a huge mistake for the kid. If I was his father I wouldnt let him. Maybe he should just stop playing football if he doesnt like playing college ball. I dont see much of a future in it for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good QB class compared to MOST years in the NFL draft, and an excellent QB draft compared to LAST year. In 2012, like 7 QB's were taken in the first 3 rds...this year there will be more than that. Last year there were 3 QBs taken in the 1st 3 rds TOTAL.

I don't want Bridgewater, I agree with you..he's Geno from a lesser conference..but someone's gonna take him early unless he stinks up the combine.

I'd take any of Mettenberger, McCarron, or Carr in rds 1-3 or Murray around 3-5. Other than Carr, all of these guys play in a pro-style, or at least pro-resembling offense. No more spread or read-option QB's for me.
    I agree with that I just dont see a pro style guy here worth more then a late 2nd. Youd be reaching taking any of those names in the 1st or 2nd IMO. Again I like Carr but he is no stud prospect I would give 3-4 years of my franchise too. It is a pretty weak class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take cutler all Day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at these threads... we'll sign a vet. Absolutely zero chance we take a QB in the first 4 rounds. I can't believe people are still making threads about this

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Mettenberger or McCarron in the later rounds but Bridgewater and Carr will be gone within the first 16 picks in the draft. We have too
    many other holes to fill in the draft. And we don't have the money to spare for Cutler .....