Thread: We need to break the cycle

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

We need to break the cycle

It's one thing to have losing seasons, bad teams, etc... But when you are making bad choices from top to bottom year after year it gets old. It must start up top! I'm sick and tired of the Jets doing things the wrong way. Always making decisions that are not popular or the norm around the NFL.

When Tanny was fired, Rex should have went as well. And I like Rex but what's right is right. We knew it would take a miracle season for Rex to keep his job. If he's fired, was there really a chance for that? No! This team had no shot this year to do something special. We just didn't have the horses. So knowing that, Rex was already gone. It was best to start fresh last year with a new GM and Coach.

Now, if we do fire Rex and bring in an offensive minded coach, we need to clean house on the offensive side of the ball. I like MM but we cant bring in an offensive minded HC and then handcuff him with Marty. The new coach needs to work with an OC who he's familiar with and a guy who can run his style of offense. We have to get this right. This will be our 4th OC in 4 years. I know its another change but it's the right thing to do to make the new coach at ease. Rex was not allowed to pick his guy, he was stuck with Schotty and that went sour. It's time to bring in a complete staff all together and let them grow as one. Clean house all together! If the new HC wants a certain defensive coach to run that side, allow him to bring in his guy there as well.

I think it's time to totally clean house, hire a new coach and have Idzik and the new HC form a staff of totally new coaches. I hate promoting from within when you bring in a new HC. Let him bring in his guys!!!!!!

The Jets have been carrying over coaches for years as they make changes at top. This has to end!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    It's one thing to have losing seasons, bad teams, etc... But when you are making bad choices from top to bottom year after year it gets old. It must start up top! I'm sick and tired of the Jets doing things the wrong way. Always making decisions that are not popular or the norm around the NFL.

When Tanny was fired, Rex should have went as well. And I like Rex but what's right is right. We knew it would take a miracle season for Rex to keep his job. If he's fired, was there really a chance for that? No! This team had no shot this year to do something special. We just didn't have the horses. So knowing that, Rex was already gone. It was best to start fresh last year with a new GM and Coach.

Now, if we do fire Rex and bring in an offensive minded coach, we need to clean house on the offensive side of the ball. I like MM but we cant bring in an offensive minded HC and then handcuff him with Marty. The new coach needs to work with an OC who he's familiar with and a guy who can run his style of offense. We have to get this right. This will be our 4th OC in 4 years. I know its another change but it's the right thing to do to make the new coach at ease. Rex was not allowed to pick his guy, he was stuck with Schotty and that went sour. It's time to bring in a complete staff all together and let them grow as one. Clean house all together! If the new HC wants a certain defensive coach to run that side, allow him to bring in his guy there as well.

I think it's time to totally clean house, hire a new coach and have Idzik and the new HC form a staff of totally new coaches. I hate promoting from within when you bring in a new HC. Let him bring in his guys!!!!!!

The Jets have been carrying over coaches for years as they make changes at top. This has to end!!
    Has to be done. The coaches on this team suck.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Translation:

“I am frustrated and a folks getting fired always makes me happy. I know the evidence shows that the historically successful NFL teams keep their management for many, many years so that that their team gets respect from the NFL offices and the referees. But I don’t care. If the Jets become good I will not have anything to whine about. Also, firing the coach is better than kicking the dog because when I kick the dog my dad makes me go to my room without supper.”