Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets very mediocre defense 12th overall 25th against the pass.

Jets very mediocre defense 12th overall 25th against the pass.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false

This is why Rex should be fired. Qb's have a 94 rating 7.5 avg over 60% against Rex Ryan. In a make or break year Rex has failed in his specialty.

Oh boy now you gone and done it.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Oh boy now you gone and done it.
    Done what tell the truth? Rex took over the defense as the defacto defensive coordinator and he has fallen on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Done what tell the truth? Rex took over the defense as the defacto defensive coordinator and he has fallen on his face.
    Preachin' to the choir here chooch.

One of the announcers mentioned it during yesterday's game. Said Carolina had the 1st ranked D vs the run while the Jets were 2nd. Quickly followed by stating the Jets D was constantly fighting an uphill battle because of the sh!tty offense. Think he said something like "the Jets D is constantly in tough spots because of their offense, while Carolina doesn't have that problem".

Figured that'd be common knowledge by now. Don't think there's many that question Rex's defensive genius.

All Pro
    Preachin' to the choir here chooch.
    GFY troll

defensive genius

Rex is a good defensive coach. If you think he's not, you know nothing about football and are just using statistics to back up your desire to get rid of Rex. I love how fans use stats when they don't look good to make their point, but good looking stats are somehow an anomaly. Sanchez was the sh|t magnet last year, now Rex. Next year who will it be?

Rex's problem is that he has forsaken the offense at the expense of his beloved defense. His arrogance/ego in that regard precluded him from realizing that if he had a good offense, or even a decent one, that his defense would be in the top 3 because they wouldn't be on the field as much.

Having said that, his secondary is the worst it's been in all his years here. Conversely, his pass rush and rush defense has been the best it's been in all his years here.

I'm all for criticizing Rex, the coaches, the players, but I don't understand posting a stat line and basing your entire argument off of that.
    Last edited by John_0515; 12-17-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rex is a good offensive coach. If you think he's not, you know nothing about football and are just using statistics to back up your desire to get rid of Rex.

rofl

That quote is pure win

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    rofl

That quote is pure win
    My bad. I typed it too fast, spelled it wrong, and spell checked myself into stupidity. You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rex is a good defensive coach. If you think he's not, you know nothing about football and are just using statistics to back up your desire to get rid of Rex. I love how fans use stats when they don't look good to make their point, but good looking stats are somehow an anomaly. Sanchez was the sh|t magnet last year, now Rex. Next year who will it be?

Rex's problem is that he has forsaken the offense at the expense of his beloved defense. His arrogance/ego in that regard precluded him from realizing that if he had a good offense, or even a decent one, that his defense would be in the top 3 because they wouldn't be on the field as much.

Having said that, his secondary is the worst it's been in all his years here. Conversely, his pass rush and rush defense has been the best it's been in all his years here.

I'm all for criticizing Rex, the coaches, the players, but I don't understand posting a stat line and basing your entire argument off of that.
    Another ignoramus thread!

Rex fails the eye test, sorry.

Dolphins looking serious. Fire Rex now or let it continue until we're ruined in the AFC East just like Tomlin ruined the Steelers!
    Can't just phone in #2 in the AFC East anymore. Its improve or become a total joke in our division

Rex sucks, has no clue being a HC. get rid of the bum. hes nothing more then a DC. His D is always overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    One of the announcers mentioned it during yesterday's game. Said Carolina had the 1st ranked D vs the run while the Jets were 2nd. Quickly followed by stating the Jets D was constantly fighting an uphill battle because of the sh!tty offense. Think he said something like "the Jets D is constantly in tough spots because of their offense, while Carolina doesn't have that problem".

Figured that'd be common knowledge by now. Don't think there's many that question Rex's defensive genius.

The d being in tough spots would argue that points allowed should not be held against them but shouldn't be used as an excuse for QB success in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post

What? Intelligent football discussion and IQ? Not on this board. Just knee jerk reactions and needing somebody or something to blame or fire.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-17-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    ^ You can use that excuse for points allowed. Doesn't excuse that our Run D has gotten gashed the past 3 weeks. Also, what was the excuse when the Panthers marched down the field early in the game? What was the excuse for the long TD pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    GFY troll
    Pretty uncreative for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    ^ You can use that excuse for points allowed. Doesn't excuse that our Run D has gotten gashed the past 3 weeks. Also, what was the excuse when the Panthers marched down the field early in the game? What was the excuse for the long TD pass?
    That's fine.

Why are Geno's 3,000,000 pick sixes not being talked about more? They affected this team as much as than anything this year.

Pretty uncreative for you.
    If people are going to complain about trolling, I too would like to see some better effort.

Rex hasn't learned that he doesn't need to blitz on every passing down. Mixing in some 3-4 man rushes and playing coverage will help keep the QBs guessing and will also make the blitz more effective when he does send extra pressure. I think that is his biggest problem.

We also need a couple playmakers in the secondary.