Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Jets officially eliminated from playoffs

  1. #1

    Jets officially eliminated from playoffs

    With the Ravens winning in Detriot, any mathematical last hope is over. The last 2 games are all about next season. Rex's fate.....which players deserve to return....and what draft positioning we get.
    2014 is here!
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 12-16-2013 at 11:46 PM.

  2. #2
    We were out of contention when we lost to the RAVENS.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,206
    3 consecutive years of no postseason play is the longest non-playoff drought since 1992-1995 and the FIRST EVER under owner Robert "Woody" Johnson

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575
    43 years without ring official.

  5. #5
    Sucks but I want to see them end the season strong and hopefully knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs....Wouldn't be anything special at all, but 8-8 with this team and knocking your rivals out in their house to end the season wouldn't be so bad

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,842
    One step closer to Rex's firing. This is a good thing.

  7. #7
    6-10 brings a better draft pick. That's what this team needs. Forget playing for pride and all that. I don't think we need to try to lose however because we really are that bad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    One step closer to Rex's firing. This is a good thing.
    GUESS WHAT!

    ONE win and you're wrong!

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    GUESS WHAT!

    ONE win and you're wrong!
    Yes, 7-9 is so much better than 6-10.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    3 consecutive years of no postseason play is the longest non-playoff drought since 1992-1995 and the FIRST EVER under owner Robert "Woody" Johnson
    that's a lot of playoff heartbreak the past 21 years

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    6-10 brings a better draft pick. That's what this team needs. Forget playing for pride and all that. I don't think we need to try to lose however because we really are that bad.
    A draft pick a few spots up that we will probably botch anyway....Rather see Geno look better and knock out the f'n Dolphins in Miami

    Dolphins stomping us en route to a playoff berth would be worth a better pick to you?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Yes, 7-9 is so much better than 6-10.
    OH WELL!

    How many did you think we were gonna win this year??? You've been bltching like a baby ALL SEASON

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    A draft pick a few spots up that we will probably botch anyway....Rather see Geno look better and knock out the f'n Dolphins in Miami

    Dolphins stomping us en route to a playoff berth would be worth a better pick to you?

    A 6-10 finish would put the Jets in a position to draft one of the top QB's in the draft. There is nothing to be gained from winning the last 2 games. You always do what's good for your team, even if what's best is losing.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    OH WELL!

    How many did you think we were gonna win this year??? You've been bltching like a baby ALL SEASON
    Sorry if my standards encompass a handful of moral victories. I'll aim lower next season.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A 6-10 finish would put the Jets in a position to draft one of the top QB's in the draft. There is nothing to be gained from winning the last 2 games. You always do what's good for your team, even if what's best is losing.
    So the difference between 6-10 and 7-9 or 8-8 is a franchise QB?? We probably aren't even taking a QB anyway so it's a moot point

    I'd rather see the team play tough and try to win, and let the draft chips fall where they may

    Knocking the Phins out in their own stadium would bring a little joy to most Jets fans, we'll worry about the difference between the 10th pick and the 14th pick in April

  16. #16
    I'm hoping for 6-10 now. Maybe we can get the 8th/9th pick and figure out a way to get Sammy Watkins.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,028
    No reason not to let the shackles off Geno and let him play......if you are gonna throw him out there then don't shackle him....if you feel like you can do that Rex and MM then he shouldn't be out there...put in Simms..

    With nothing to play for it would do a disservice to Geno's development not to let him play with free reign now that we are not playing for anything....That conservative crap does no favors for Geno at this point....if you're gonna mail it in on offense then I'd rather see Simms.....

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    No reason not to let the shackles off Geno and let him play......if you are gonna throw him out there then don't shackle him....if you feel like you can do that Rex and MM then he shouldn't be out there...put in Simms..

    With nothing to play for it would do a disservice to Geno's development not to let him play with free reign now that we are not playing for anything....That conservative crap does no favors for Geno at this point....if you're gonna mail it in on offense then I'd rather see Simms.....
    +1

    Nothing to lose now, smoke 'em, if you got 'em and let Geno loose!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    I'm hoping for 6-10 now. Maybe we can get the 8th/9th pick and figure out a way to get Sammy Watkins.
    THIS!!!!!!

    This is what I'm hoping for right now.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    694
    Gotta be the younger Jets fans wanting to loose to the Phins. My hate goes way back. Could never do that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us