Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets officially eliminated from playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    Gotta be the younger Jets fans wanting to loose to the Phins. My hate goes way back. Could never do that.
    Same here... and the playoffs will probably be on the line. I'd much rather spoil things for a rival than move up one spot in the draft. WTF

I laugh at the idea that you vie for the team to lose to get a better position in the draft. Like a few spots will suddenly turn this team into a contender.

The team hasn't learned consistency, execution, discipline, and how win, and we think that one player is going to change that?

The Jets have so many issues. Hoping they lose is a strange concept to me on many levels, and if they do - that will only cause more issues down the stretch. The team collapsing at the end of the season is what so many people whine about (last two years), and now people want another collapse? Let them learn to play strong at the end, as that will help in the future. This lose on purpose mentality is just that, for losers.

Veteran
    Johnny "The Jet" Manziel for QB!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    So the difference between 6-10 and 7-9 or 8-8 is a franchise QB?? We probably aren't even taking a QB anyway so it's a moot point

I'd rather see the team play tough and try to win, and let the draft chips fall where they may

Knocking the Phins out in their own stadium would bring a little joy to most Jets fans, we'll worry about the difference between the 10th pick and the 14th pick in April
    Sorry, if the last game against the Fins has playoff implications there is no way in hell the Jets can win that game. Some fans on this board just don't get this, we are a bad football team with possibly the worse HC in the NFL. Read my prediction now, and its based on a HC that can't muster enough professionalism, discipline and consistency from his squad from week to week, the Jets cannot beat Miami to knock them out of playoff contention, they can only win if they were already eliminated.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Same here... and the playoffs will probably be on the line. I'd much rather spoil things for a rival than move up one spot in the draft. WTF
    I guess. Just so tired. Another lost season. Took the Red Sox almost 100 years to win a championship. Cubs over 100 years. I'm 58 and wondering if I'll ever see this team win. So you'll have to forgive me if I'm ambivalent about how many wins we get or taking solace out of knocking the Dolphins out of the Playoffs. These are just scraps, and I'm sick of scraps.

Veteran
    I want the best for my team. Not the worst for any other - maybe execpt the Pats...

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Sorry, if the last game against the Fins has playoff implications there is no way in hell the Jets can win that game. Some fans on this board just don't get this, we are a bad football team with possibly the worse HC in the NFL. Read my prediction now, and its based on a HC that can't muster enough professionalism, discipline and consistency from his squad from week to week, the Jets cannot beat Miami to knock them out of playoff contention, they can only win if they were already eliminated.
    No way the Jets can win. Worst coach.

I guess beating Belichick and Payton this year mean zero. Anomalies, right?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Correct, that's exactly my point. The Jets have enough talent on this team to win many football games. Rex has zero skills on how to acheive this week in week out as a good HC has the ability to do. A good HC has a disciplined, professional and consistent team that performs steadily week to week. Rex will get his team to run through a wall for a game like NO or NE but that has no sustainability. His bravado is his schtick and its temporary not consistent, give me a steady Eddie for a HC not a rah rah bully.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A 6-10 finish would put the Jets in a position to draft one of the top QB's in the draft. There is nothing to be gained from winning the last 2 games. You always do what's good for your team, even if what's best is losing.
    Losing to the dolphins is NEVER best for the jets. Draft is a crap shoot, esp for QBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    So the difference between 6-10 and 7-9 or 8-8 is a franchise QB?? We probably aren't even taking a QB anyway so it's a moot point

I'd rather see the team play tough and try to win, and let the draft chips fall where they may

Knocking the Phins out in their own stadium would bring a little joy to most Jets fans, we'll worry about the difference between the 10th pick and the 14th pick in April
    +1 a thousand times!

Do you honestly believe that we beat those teams if Sproles didn't get hurt or if Amendola & Vareen played against us.
    Sometimes in the NFL it's when you get them.
    On the big picture it means nothing as we are playing worse in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st.
    Absolutely no progression.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A 6-10 finish would put the Jets in a position to draft one of the top QB's in the draft. There is nothing to be gained from winning the last 2 games. You always do what's good for your team, even if what's best is losing.
    Maybe they start Simms then ... Oh wait he might actually be better than ...

Right. We beat a depleted shell of a pats team, and we beat a Saints team without Darren Sproles.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    I'm hoping for 6-10 now. Maybe we can get the 8th/9th pick and figure out a way to get Sammy Watkins.
    +1 He is the only player in this draft I wouldn't mind trading up for. We haven't had a franchise receiver since Keyshawn. Also hes a mature kid with a non diva like persona. Rare to see from a top WR prospect.

Cool. People needed to get that "Jets playoff hopes" nonsense out of their heads. This embarrassment of an NFL franchise will likely lose out to finish 6-10.

But, the apologists can still spin it and say we bucked the trend of losing more each year recently. So, we at least have that to look forward to.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    3 consecutive years of no postseason play is the longest non-playoff drought since 1992-1995 and the FIRST EVER under owner Robert "Woody" Johnson
    Very surprising stat. You'd think we hadn't made the playoffs since 1995 though with all the clowns b!tching about absolutely everything on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Do you honestly believe that we beat those teams if Sproles didn't get hurt or if Amendola & Vareen played against us.
    Sometimes in the NFL it's when you get them.
    On the big picture it means nothing as we are playing worse in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st.
    Absolutely no progression.
    Why do excuses only go one way?

Jets Insider VIP

Good points. Look at all the good coaches that are losing this year egs. Conlin, Shanahan, Detroit (stacked talent)....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    Gotta be the younger Jets fans wanting to loose to the Phins. My hate goes way back. Could never do that.
    Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Johnny "The Jet" Manziel for QB!
    God no. That guy could not be less likely to succeed in New York, let alone the NFL.