Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: Driving Records

  1. #21
    4 infractions in a year is a red flag.

    Like Kaluha in your morning coffee.

  2. #22
    I would give everything I own to clear my driving record.

  3. #23
    Ok- obviously I messed up. What do I do now? I still have my license, should I give it back to them?

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,526
    were you driving pantsless through a McDonald's drive-thru?

  5. #25
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,292
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    were you driving pantsless through a McDonald's drive-thru?
    I'm pretty sure that's not against the law. If it is, half this board would be fugitives.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not against the law. If it is, half this board would be fugitives.
    speeding is bs. the country should have an 85 mph hard speed limit. any nice open highway with a decent quality car makes 85 very safe and efficient

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,630
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    I would give everything I own to clear my driving record.
    Including your car?

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,218
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    speeding is bs. the country should have an 85 mph hard speed limit. any nice open highway with a decent quality car makes 85 very safe and efficient
    It's safe on a straight highway out west perhaps but not for some teenage driving an older car with a few weeks behind his belt. They make the limits based on worse case conditions not best case conditions.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,218
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    I would give everything I own to clear my driving record.
    You can take a safe driving course and get 4 points removed from your record. At least in my area NY/NJ.
    You also get a 10% discount from your insurance co.

    It's a start.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanMD View Post
    Last year I got four very minor infractions and my license got suspended for 5 days because I sent my payment on one ticket to the wrong place.

    Is there anything I can do?
    Yes, stop driving like an idiot.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You can take a safe driving course and get 4 points removed from your record. At least in my area NY/NJ.
    You also get a 10% discount from your insurance co.

    It's a start.
    Not in Maryland.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It's safe on a straight highway out west perhaps but not for some teenage driving an older car with a few weeks behind his belt. They make the limits based on worse case conditions not best case conditions.
    for long road trips like the thruway and i95....once out of city limits....its straight and safe. anyone can do 85. In fact there is a group out there that advocates against any speed limit. they claim, and I agree, that 99% of the time people will naturally drive the safe speed limit. in other words, when you know your going too fast, you naturally slow down based on the road and conditions you face. conversely, if the road is straight, its sunny, you have 300 miles to knock off then 85 is where most people find the best spedd. you dont agree?

    also, those young people generally have newer cars. even something like an 88 caprice is far safer than a 67 caprice. times have changed and speeding is just a money grab. no way you can defend a 70 mph limit on , lets say, alligator alley in florida that is PERFECTLY straight with no traffic on it. 71mph should not cost you 140 bucks plus a bump in insurance. remember 55mph back in the day? what a retarded concept

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,280
    I've rented apartments and I always do a credit check before renting it. People always try to say that they went through a rough patch and they are good people and ask that I not hold it against them. People with bad credit usually have it for a reason. It doesn't necessarily mean they are bad people but I'm not in the risk taking business. People with good credit generally like to keep it that way.

    So as an employer, I can see how they are justified in rejecting someone because of their driving record. If better / safer options are available, why not choose them? Plus there are probably insurance issues they are in play here. One infraction may be overlooked but four? In the last year no less? No offense but if I ran a business, I would consider other options.

    That said, I wish you good luck and I would definitely look into a defensive driving class immediately. Somebody said it takes four points of your license and that's definitely worth it. I thought just two points but I didn't have any points so it didn't matter to me. These classes are 6 hours and you can even take one of the classes online. I took the class and it was boring. My wife took it online and said you actually had to sit it front of the computer for all 6 hours because it tested you and you had to confirm you were there.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    99% of the time people will naturally drive the safe speed limit. in other words, when you know your going too fast, you naturally slow down based on the road and conditions you face. conversely, if the road is straight, its sunny, you have 300 miles to knock off then 85 is where most people find the best spedd. you dont agree?
    No.

    25% of people can barely drive.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No.

    25% of people can barely drive.
    That number sounds a little low.


  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    That number sounds a little low.

    those are the ones in the right/middle lanes doing 60-65.

    they are not a concern

    germany has the autobahn and its never been a problem WAKE UP WHITE PEOPLE

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,105
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    those are the ones in the right/middle lanes doing 60-65.

    they are not a concern

    germany has the autobahn and its never been a problem WAKE UP WHITE PEOPLE
    Will do, Mr. Goering.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,218
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    for long road trips like the thruway and i95....once out of city limits....its straight and safe. anyone can do 85. In fact there is a group out there that advocates against any speed limit. they claim, and I agree, that 99% of the time people will naturally drive the safe speed limit. in other words, when you know your going too fast, you naturally slow down based on the road and conditions you face. conversely, if the road is straight, its sunny, you have 300 miles to knock off then 85 is where most people find the best spedd. you dont agree?

    also, those young people generally have newer cars. even something like an 88 caprice is far safer than a 67 caprice. times have changed and speeding is just a money grab. no way you can defend a 70 mph limit on , lets say, alligator alley in florida that is PERFECTLY straight with no traffic on it. 71mph should not cost you 140 bucks plus a bump in insurance. remember 55mph back in the day? what a retarded concept
    My daughter lives in Arizona and we go visit her every year. When I get out West near Oaklahoma the speed limit is 75 mph. I do 80 mph and put the car on cruise. The sun is out and I feel safe; however, once the weather turns rainy or icy I slow down to where I feel safe. It isn't me I'm afraid of as it is accidents ahead or animal on the road etc. I check my tire pressure etc before a long trip. How many people have a slow leak and get a blowout or flat at 85. The reaction time is less the faster you go, so like I say 85 is not safe for every condition.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,218
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    those are the ones in the right/middle lanes doing 60-65.

    they are not a concern

    germany has the autobahn and its never been a problem WAKE UP WHITE PEOPLE
    Did you ever see the autobahn. It is banked for 140 mph. The US roads are not banked for high speeds.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Did you ever see the autobahn. It is banked for 140 mph. The US roads are not banked for high speeds.
    yes ive done 1000 km on it myself

    I am NOT saying we should do 140, but 85 on a clean, straight rural highway under good conditions is SAFE as anal sex with a virgin.

    Im surprised at all the sheeple here agreeing with the cops and being taken for ticket after ticket. did you guys ever drive on a road trip? guess what under most conditions traffic is moving 80-85 all day so whats the big deal?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us