Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Not Fire Rex - Give him the players he needs!!!

Do Not Fire Rex - Give him the players he needs!!!

I am a lifelong Jets fan and have endured many difficult seasons (like all of the people on this thread). With that said, I am a Rex Ryan supporter and make an impassioned plea to Woody Johnson that he not fire Coach Ryan for a number of reasons.

- Rex is by far (save Weeb Eubank) the most successful coach we have had as the face of the organization in years. He took us within a half of the Superbowl Twice, a feat that not too many coaches ( save Belicheat) are able to accomplish.

- Rex is a coach that the players WANT to play for. The Defensive line is nasty and will only get better with a few additions.

- One of the major issues with this team is a complete lack of personnel on offense. We do not have ANY THREATS at the skill positions.

- Digressing a bit, Santonio Holmes is a player who needs to be cut immediately. He is at best a #3 receiver and his attitude and lack of fight on the field is obviously a detriment to the team.

- This year, we beat a number of teams that were "quality" teams. N.O., N.E., Atlanta, etc. Not one of the so called "experts or insiders" picked the Jets to win more than 4 games! NOT ONE. We've won 6 with two to play. What happens if he finishes 8-8 with this roster on offense?

Despite the emotional impulse of most Jets fans, i say that we give Rex a hard two year extension to fix this mess. Tannenbaum was not suited to the job and proved it with a number of ill advised extensions and acquisitions (TEBOW, HILL). By the way, Rex called the Hill pick by saying (That was a Tannenbaum pick) All of those extensions are coming off of the books and given FA and the Draft, we should focus on Offense, make a few defensive tweaks (younger, speedier OLB, Safety) and keep continuity. Do not give in on this one, or like Rob Ryan is proving in N.O., we may live to regret the move.

THAT'S RIGHT GUYS, INVESTING MORE FIRST ROUNDERS INTO THE DEFENSE IS ALL REX NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE TOP. IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT HIS HAND PICKED UFA SAFETIES, HIS THREE FIRST ROUND CORNERS, AND YOUNG D-LINE CAN'T STOP ANY PASSING GAME AT ALL. WE NEED TO IGNORE THE VOMIT LEVEL TALENT ON OFFENSE AGAIN BECAUSE REX IS A GREAT COACH. I'M CEREAL GUYS. I'M SOOPER DOOPER CEREAL.

I like Rex, but our offense will NEVER progress under himself, as he enjoys playing conservative. The NFL is evolving into an offensive game, and we need to adapt by hiring an offense minded coach. Furthermore, Idzik deserves to select his own coach, Rex had his chance with Tanny.

Oy vey. He created this mess. He had input on 90% of the players on the roster. He's the HC. He's responsible for how the whole team performs, not just the D. A DC is only responsible for the D.

Never mind this D doesn't create turnovers or game changing plays.

3 straight non-winning seasons. It's time.

I'm sorry, but we have 6 wins with NO ONE ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.

- Winters gives up sacks every week.
    - Colon is good for a penalty a game.
    - Hill has been hot garbage
    - Santonio. Enough Said. - Was is Rex's fault that Santonio drops a pass that hit him in the chest yesterday????
    - Goodson was the best player on offense and he's done (when he wasn't suspended or indicted)
    - Cumberland can't make a big catch in traffic.
    - Geno tries but is a rookie making rookie mistakes.

The defense CANT STAY ON THE FIELD AS LONG AS IT DOES WEEK TO WEEK AND BE EFFECTIVE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

- I'm sorry, but with this roster, I'll take the six wins. THERE IS NO COACH IN THE LEAGUE THAT COULD ACHIEVE 6 WINS WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER.

Atlanta is 4-10... that "quality" win is garbage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowngreengang View Post

- Santonio. Enough Said. - Was is Rex's fault that Santonio drops a pass that hit him in the chest yesterday????
    - Goodson was the best player on offense and he's done (when he wasn't suspended or indicted)

The defense CANT STAY ON THE FIELD AS LONG AS IT DOES WEEK TO WEEK AND BE EFFECTIVE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

- I'm sorry, but with this roster, I'll take the six wins. THERE IS NO COACH IN THE LEAGUE THAT COULD ACHIEVE 6 WINS WITH THIS OFFENSIVE ROSTER.
    The reason why there is no offensive talent on this roster in the first place is Rex. He had an immense amount of input into player selection, and he decided to ignore the offense for five seasons.

If what the OP is asking for is all that we need - can I apply for an NFL HC Job? All i need is awesome players right?

IF YOU SAY IT WITH ALL CAPS WE HAVE TO BELIEVE IT

Hall Of Fame
    Longest playoff drought since before Parcells. Mangini and Herm didn't get a scintilla of the rope this guy has gotten.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Longest playoff drought since before Parcells. Mangini and Herm didn't get a scintilla of the rope this guy has gotten.
    What coach would do a better job with this team?

The team has tens of millions in dead cap space. Either outright dead, or invested in Holmes and Sanchez. The team is devoid of talent. Idzik has done the initial needed bleeding, now we have to see if he can draft. What coach is out there that would be an upgrade?

The team plays hard, they just aren't that good yet.

Which is confirmation as to why Belichick didn't stay here. Woody Johnson is a loser. His view isn't of winning. It's of filling seats and being a side-show. Rex/Hard Knocks, attempt to do Hard Knocks again (shot down by Tannenbaum,) and the entire Favre sham..........

I mean come on. I'd rather go to every game with an admission that this team has to stink to stockpile the talent it needs to have a meaningful run of 10-6 (minimum) seasons than continually hear talk about playoff chances and so forth.

This team is never bad enough to get a true top pick QB and never good enough to do more than surprise you and lose in a Conference Championship. And it starts with a massive loser of an owner who hires a GM who promises to work with his Sideshow Bob head coach with Tattoos of his ****ty QB on his arm and foot fetish videos of his wife on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    THAT'S RIGHT GUYS, INVESTING MORE FIRST ROUNDERS INTO THE DEFENSE IS ALL REX NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE TOP. IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT HIS HAND PICKED UFA SAFETIES, HIS THREE FIRST ROUND CORNERS, AND YOUNG D-LINE CAN'T STOP ANY PASSING GAME AT ALL. WE NEED TO IGNORE THE VOMIT LEVEL TALENT ON OFFENSE AGAIN BECAUSE REX IS A GREAT COACH. I'M CEREAL GUYS. I'M SOOPER DOOPER CEREAL.

Here, let me help you out

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    What coach would do a better job with this team?

The team has tens of millions in dead cap space. Either outright dead, or invested in Holmes and Sanchez. The team is devoid of talent. Idzik has done the initial needed bleeding, now we have to see if he can draft. What coach is out there that would be an upgrade?

The team plays hard, they just aren't that good yet.
    I'd love to find out.

I'm glad they played hard, although that's debatable with several blow out games the past couple of seasons, they're professionals. And can you say Holmes is playing hard?

I'd like to see a team that is prepared every week, play smart, and actually
    make plays (on both sides of the ball).

Devoid of talent? Ha. This HC had his input into most of these players.

Maybe there's more "talent" than we know if they are properly coached and developed.

And how many more #1 picks used on D players does this HC need to have a D that actually produces turnovers or game changing plays?

I'm for keeping Rex as head coach, but he needs to stay away from personnel decisions.
    Tannenbaum gave Rex wayyy too much input because because Tanny was a bean counter who didn't understand the football aspect of the game.
    Idzik drafted defense in the 1st round last year to replace Pouha/Devito/Revis, but from now on it's offense all the way and he needs to exercise his veto power over Rex.

Give Geno some weapons and a left guard who is competent. Things will get much better. Geno will never be Brady or Manning, but let the guy develop with some real skill players.

Do Not Fire Rex - Give him the players he needs!!!
    This really needs to be looked into. I've heard that other NFL teams allow their head coaches to have some input on trades and the draft.

Why isn't Rex allowed get the players he wants?! All those early round picks on defense and Baltimore players shoved down his throat - who's responsible!? It's unfair!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I like Rex, but our offense will NEVER progress under him
    If you gave Rex a serviceable QB....Lets use Jason Cambell as an example, is this team not a playoff team in this watered down AFC?

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE QB

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Here, let me help you out

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Maybe they should have. Changing coaches because the team doesn't have talent is the wrong move.

Idzik has to be a strong GM and not let Rex dictate free agency and drafts.

(I am concerned with the Ed Reed thing though, as it seems like he let Rex convince him of something he shouldn't have done)