Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ravens D

No Ray Lewis. No Ed Reed. No Rex Ryan. Still better than the Jets D.
    Baltimore is the team the Jets try to be. They're playing very stout defense all 4 quarters, and the offense is resourceful enough to get it done and not beat themselves.

Flacco is turning into a pretty damn good QB. Minimizes turnovers and picks his spots well his cannon arm. Very smart and the guy has developed a lot.
    I don't think Geno will ever come close to being as good as Flacco until he makes his dropback quicker and learns to play under center.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, what's your point?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Baltimore is the team the Jets try to be. They're playing very stout defense all 4 quarters, and the offense is resourceful enough to get it done and not beat themselves.

Flacco is turning into a pretty damn good QB. Minimizes turnovers and picks his spots well his cannon arm. Very smart and the guy has developed a lot.
    I don't think Geno will ever come close to being as good as Flacco until he makes his dropback quicker and learns to play under center.
    "turning into" a good QB? Flacco is the reigning Super Bowl MVP. In an offense with weapons and good coaching like he has, he's an excellent QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    "turning into" a good QB? Flacco is the reigning Super Bowl MVP. In an offense with weapons and good coaching like he has, he's an excellent QB.
    What Flacco did tonight is probably just as impressive as the Super Bowl, because he did it without his best receiver from last year, Anquan Boldin. It was a tough environment on the road too. No TDs but moved the ball enough to put up 18 points and no turnovers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post. The Jets have attempted to mimic the Ravens since the day Rex got here. Bringing in Bart Scott, "Play like a Jet" (which was "Raven" first).

The difference is Baltimore has John Harbaugh, and we have Rex Ryan. They have Ozzie Newsome, we had Mike Tannenbaum.

The Ravens experiment should end this season, and Rex should be fired. Then bring in an offensive-minded head coach who knows how to control a locker room and develop players.

John Harbaugh is class. As good as it gets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get really sick of people slobbering all over the Ravens. I'll concede, they win games and the won the biggest one last year, can't change that.

Living in Baltimore area, I watch a lot of the Ravens. I have never seen teams so consistently shank the way teams shank against the Ravens. Patriots, last two years...should have wiped the floor with them. Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, plus couldn't beat Lardarius Webb and some other guys (well they did two years ago but only because Lee Evans, Lee Evansed).

Even the Denver game. It was a decently even game. Terrible Pey-Pey interception late lets them back in it. No problem, Broncos score again go up 7. Rahim Moore makes one of the worst game-on-the-line defensive plays I've ever seen. A high school safety could have made that play. Even still...only a tie. Over a minute, two timeouts, Peyton Manning oh and Prater kicking in Denver. This is easy. No!...3 Knees.

Vikings, just last week, should have beat them three times! Managed to lose. Decide to kick it short to Jacoby Jones. Huh????

Then tonight. Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, Nate Burleson. Shouldn't have been too hard. No, Stafford goes full-retard.

How about Ozzie's awesome free-agent acquisitions this year? Michael Huff...GONE. Marcus Spears...GONE. Genius "Ozzie Moves" in March. Dumervil has exactly 0.5 more sacks than Calvin Pace.

What about some of their recent draft picks. Jimmy Smith is experiencing the first year he hasn't been benched since being a 1st round pick. Terrance Cody barely made the roster. A lot of others already gone. Upshaw, another 1st rounder, looking not too much more than average. Matt Elam, only a rookie but will leave some to be desired.

James Ihedigbo is one of their starting safeties. Let that sink in.

They are a good organization and they do things well, but there are also a lot of horseshoes left from when the Colts played in Baltimore.

Its like how the Jets are the best team that game plans against the Jets. Most teams seem to do that against the Ravens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two quick facts...

1. The Ravens couldn't score a single TD tonight
    2. The Jets offense scored more points than the Ravens this weekend. And, it was against a better, 10-4, team

But yeah, Flacco and the Ravens are awesome.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is a "pretty damn good QB" to you guys? Simply better than we have? Flacco has got to be one of the most overrated players in the entire league and I don't understand all the love for the guy. For that contract and all the talk you guys would surely expect someone with less than 17 ints (third most) on the year, surely better than +1 td/int spread for the $100m man, especially with Ray & Torrey catching balls and balancing the field. He should surely be able to put the team on his back and lead a dominant offense, right? Surely not someone who didn't crack 4k yards last season and won't this season either. Surely not, right? We can't be talking about the same guy who struggles to complete 60% of his passes and hasn't reached that mark since 2010, right? Look, the dude played lights out last post-season, and that is the only time that he has. His prior runs in into the playoffs have handicapped the rest of his team. He plays a decent game today and everyone is all over him and he's Joe Cool again, I just don't get it. Over the last few years he has been your prototypical average,yet stable QB. This takes nothing away from his run last year, but I'm sorry I just don't get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sogreedy23 View Post
    What is a "pretty damn good QB" to you guys? Simply better than we have? Flacco has got to be one of the most overrated players in the entire league and I don't understand all the love for the guy. For that contract and all the talk you guys would surely expect someone with less than 17 ints (third most) on the year, surely better than +1 td/int spread for the $100m man, especially with Ray & Torrey catching balls and balancing the field. He should surely be able to put the team on his back and lead a dominant offense, right? Surely not someone who didn't crack 4k yards last season and won't this season either. Surely not, right? We can't be talking about the same guy who struggles to complete 60% of his passes and hasn't reached that mark since 2010, right? Look, the dude played lights out last post-season, and that is the only time that he has. His prior runs in into the playoffs have handicapped the rest of his team. He plays a decent game today and everyone is all over him and he's Joe Cool again, I just don't get it. Over the last few years he has been your prototypical average,yet stable QB. This takes nothing away from his run last year, but I'm sorry I just don't get it.
    I don't get it either.
    Definitely in the average category for me

That said, I hope he SHREDS the Pasts* next week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens D has a much better secondary, which makes the front seven stronger. We have the better front seven, but a horrendous secondary

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Good post. The Jets have attempted to mimic the Ravens since the day Rex got here. Bringing in Bart Scott, "Play like a Jet" (which was "Raven" first).

The difference is Baltimore has John Harbaugh, and we have Rex Ryan. They have Ozzie Newsome, we had Mike Tannenbaum.

The Ravens experiment should end this season, and Rex should be fired. Then bring in an offensive-minded head coach who knows how to control a locker room and develop players.

John Harbaugh is class. As good as it gets.
    Bingo! We got the Head Coach they didn't want.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Two quick facts...

2. The Jets offense scored more points than the Ravens this weekend. And, it was against a better, 10-4, team

But they won the game Buddy! And are still alive! Who cares about your facts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take Pitta, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, Marlon Brown and Jacoby Jones over what we have any day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    they won the game, that's all that matters

Two quick facts...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

agree with what you said about the defense. I love Flacco. I also think Geno gets a bad rap due to his ultimate inexperience when he came to the Jets. The guy has been learning as he goes along with a very under talented team. Geno with additional experience and a better team surrounding him can do the job in my opinion. Heck as raw as he is he has won 6 games with 4 coming from behind. He is also the all-time Jets rookie QB yardage leader and that is with a crappy OL and no great or good receivers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    overrated or not he is wearing a SUPER BOWL ring! That is good enough for me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    overrated or not he is wearing a SUPER BOWL ring! That is good enough for me.
    Blair Thomas has a Superbowl ring with the Cowboys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two quick facts...

One more fact..Megatron dropped a few passes tonight that would have extended drives....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    One more fact..Megatron dropped a few passes tonight that would have extended drives....
    We have like 40 guys who do this on a weekly basis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    But they won the game Buddy! And are still alive! Who cares about your facts.
    +1

We are spectators .. Woohoo ****ing hooo