Thread: The state of Illinois, & Obama's America if he were to get his way

The state of Illinois, & Obama's America if he were to get his way

copy/pasting an email that was sent to me recently....just the facts:

Some interesting data on the State of Illinois ... There are more people on welfare in Illinois than there are people working. Chicago pays the highest wages to teachers than anywhere else in the U.S. averaging $110,000/year. Their pensions average 80-90% of their income. Wow, are Illinois and Chicago great or what? Be sure to read till the end. I've never heard it explained better. Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago? Body count: In the last six months, 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago. 221 killed in Iraq; AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.
    Here's the Chicago chain of command: President: Barack Hussein Obama · Senator: Dick Durbin · House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr. · Governor: Pat Quinn · House leader: Mike Madigan · Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike) · Mayor: Rohm Emanuel · The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats. · Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. · Of course, they're all blaming each other. · Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! · Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us?
    George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in prison.
    He was replaced by Rob Blagoyavic who is, that's right, also in prison.
    And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago, because he is fighting to not be sent to... that's right, prison.
    The Land of Lincoln, where our governors make our license plates. What?
    As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population of Chicago, nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.
    "Anybody who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Don’t forget Detroit, another good example…

I'm guessing this on the the wrong board. Can mods please move this trash to appropriate receptical?

E A D! This forum is for football, not your political BS.

All League
    +1

The government took care of the American Indian, lol

But will Obama fire Rex?

Copy and pasting is fun Tucker, but a quick google search refutes your fact.

For instance you average teacher salary is about $30,000 high.

And what exactly does Obama "getting his way" mean in the context of Chicago's current problems?

It's hard to take the post serious.
    Last edited by FF2®; 12-18-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    ...Perhaps the US should pull out of Chicago....
    Before or after a happy ending?

<edited to add>

I blame the mods.

Veteran
    wrong forum; however, my friend this is a cycle of life. NYC murder capital in the 80's if you remember, 90's LA on the west side, 2000's dirty south, 2012 and counting Midwest especially Chi town. it has nothing to do with who is President just life and it's natural cycle and selection. as for all the other things mentioned it's just greed it is every where. i'm not an Obama fan but just sayin ......

pzzzz out
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 12-18-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Donald Trump is working on getting his birth certificate and this will all be over soon. Meanwhile, some of us are doing better than we ever have....try harder, he government doesn't owe you a living!

Jets Insider VIP
    We can salvage this thread... let's talk about Jay Cutler.

Clearly, the jets failures can be linked to the implementation of Obamacare. I also sprained my ankle a few weeks ago thanks to Obama.

It's also nice too see that the people that hate obama can't even figure out which forum to use.

Jets Insider VIP
    Belongs in the Political Forum. That said Chicago is going bankrupt and it will finally wake everybody up.
    There are only so many people a row boat can fit before it sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    copy/pasting an email that was sent to me recently....just the facts:

Some interesting data on the State of Illinois ... There are more people on welfare in Illinois than there are people working. Chicago pays the highest wages to teachers than anywhere else in the U.S. averaging $110,000/year. Their pensions average 80-90% of their income. Wow, are Illinois and Chicago great or what? Be sure to read till the end. I've never heard it explained better. Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago? Body count: In the last six months, 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago. 221 killed in Iraq; AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.
    Here's the Chicago chain of command: President: Barack Hussein Obama · Senator: Dick Durbin · House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr. · Governor: Pat Quinn · House leader: Mike Madigan · Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike) · Mayor: Rohm Emanuel · The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats. · Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. · Of course, they're all blaming each other. · Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any! · Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us?
    George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in prison.
    He was replaced by Rob Blagoyavic who is, that's right, also in prison.
    And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago, because he is fighting to not be sent to... that's right, prison.
    The Land of Lincoln, where our governors make our license plates. What?
    As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population of Chicago, nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.
    "Anybody who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Don’t forget Detroit, another good example…
    Not for nothing, but the murder rate is high, but not even in the top 10 in the US... all of the "democrat" comments you are making could be made for NYC, too, which is among the safest big cities in the world.

Also... I honestly don't believe the gun laws changed anything, but the laws were changed in July... and the murders in Chicago are down considerably from last year (homicides are down 20% in 2013 to date). Also, simply counting Medicare as "welfare" is misleading. My 86 year old grandmother is partially funded through medicare because of the daycare service she gets.

That being said, the Illinois stats are alarming. But the idea that the rest of the country will turn this way if "Obama gets is way" is silly.