Thread: Just curious how would JN would react if Mark Sanchez was named the qb in 2014

Just curious how would JN would react if Mark Sanchez was named the qb in 2014

For the record I do not want Mark Sanchez. I think he's talented but would benefit both the Jets and Sanchez if they parted ways. Just wondering if Mark still has any support here? I know a lot of people on here dislike Geno so I am going to be devil's advocate. We go out we get the talent a QB needs to be successful. But Rex Marty Idizik decide they want to keep the QB competition in house they don't want to waste money/draft picks on a another QB. Mark is a veteran who knows the system so if it came down to Geno or Sanchez in 2014 who would you guys want starting? This should be interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wrong board.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Wrong board.
    I consider all Jet fans a nation even if we disagree on a lot of things. Just wondering who Jet fans would want out of those 2.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I consider all Jet fans a nation even if we disagree on a lot of things. Just wondering who Jet fans would want out of those 2.
    I meant, wrong website. This isn't JN.

Only if it was announced after a hard fought battle through training camp.

No one should be handed the starting job next year, we need to have a good old fashioned competition.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I meant, wrong website. This isn't JN.
    I know and I am just saying I consider all Jet fans a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Only if it was announced after a hard fought battle through training camp.

No one should be handed the starting job next year, we need to have a good old fashioned competition.
    Yes. As know you know Jets fans can tend to pick sides when it comes to these things. I was pro Geno this year but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't pulling for Sanchez to pull off the greatest career resurrection either here or else where. If it came down to a competition between Sanchez and Smith I am just curious to see where people stand at this point.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 12-17-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Headband only

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Moot point. He'll be the backup QB in Seattle in 2014.

I think he meant the jets nation as a fan base rather than a particular website.

I've said it for a while now that I don't think Sanchez is completely out of the question for next year in some capacity. He may not be the popular choice for many people but there's just two guys who are going to ultimately decide his fate. The opinion of temperamental fans is not a factor in the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    I think he meant the jets nation as a fan base rather than a particular website.

I've said it for a while now that I don't think Sanchez is completely out of the question for next year in some capacity. He may not be the popular choice for many people but there's just two guys who are going to ultimately decide his fate. The opinion of temperamental fans is not a factor in the decision.
    That's what I was thinking he's going to have to restructure his contract of course but I love underdog stories and could you imagine what a story it would be by some miracle if Sanchez were able to become a born again QB and lead us to a super bowl?

I think there is a legit shot Sanchez takes a pay cut and beats out Smith in a QB competition next year. I think Sanchez has the ability to be a good QB but never had a legit shot with a real offensive coordinator. If we make the right moves in the off season and acquire some receivers that can actually get separation I would be open to both quarterbacks but more interested in Sanchez. Smith has shown practically nothing all year other than a couple big runs a few close wins and "poise." I just don't think he has the ability to be great. Sanchez has won some big games early in his career and all our football program has done is strip his weapons (1 Edwards-replaced by Burress in 2011, 2 Richardson retiring after 2010 season-replaced by the terminator, 3 Shonn Greene getting the starting nod in 2011 (worst rb ever, no rb that can catch) AND not replace key lineman (Faneca-Replaced by Slausen in 2010, Woody-Replaced by hunter in 2011).

Sanchez' regression I put mainly on the coaching and the lack of drafting offensive players. I think if you put some players around him and give him and with a competent coach in MM (who I'm not sold on, but is better than BS and TS), Sanchez could put together a good enough offense to keep drives going and keep the defense off the field.

At this point I would rather see Sanchez in there instead of Geno, and unless we trade up i don't see us taking a QB in the draft.