Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charley Casserly "I'd Keep Rex"

Charley Casserly "I'd Keep Rex"

Just heard him on ESPN ... says he did an tremendous coaching job this year.

Bill Belichick -

“Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,”

Been watching espn and listening to sports radio (NFL radio, and espn) for the better part of the week/weekend, and this has been the general consensus among a lot of analysts. Some feel that even though he's done a good job this year, the team just needs a new voice. This is valid and I certainly could make a case for this to be true. But I have to agree with Casserly and others here that he deserves one more year with better talent. Preseason people were projecting this team to win maybe 3-4 games. Now we haven't won that much more, but we have had some BIG wins this season (Falcons, Saints, Patriots), Rex deserves some credit for taking a team, devoid of really any capable talent on the offensive side of the ball, and making them at least semi competitive.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's a nobody, really don't care what he thinks.

Practice Squad
    Doesn't Rex bare some responsibility for the dearth of talent on this team as well? And what about player development?

A lot of these national media types really do not know any more and actually know less than the average fan that follows their team. He probably looks at the offensive talent and looks at the record and sees a great job without looking at all the other things.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    Doesn't Rex bare some responsibility for the dearth of talent on this team as well? And what about player development?
    is Rex the GM. If not, then no. It's Tannenbaum's fault for giving him any input at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    A lot of these national media types really do not know any more and actually know less than the average fan that follows their team. He probably looks at the offensive talent and looks at the record and sees a great job without looking at all the other things.
    Very true. Another thing to keep in mind is that former GMs and former HCs that are now working in the media are hesitant to say a head coach should be fired. The media "insiders" and guys who have not played or coached in the league are more apt to call for a coach to be fired.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He's a nobody, really don't care what he thinks.
    Translation: "I don't agree with him, therefore his opinion doesn't matter and he's automatically wrong."

And he is entitled to his opinion, but this is Idzik's team, and he deserves his own coach.

All League
    Of course. Only smart people understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Of course. Only smart people understand this.
    So essentially your opinion is the only possible correct one, and anyone who disagrees with yourself is wrong?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    So essentially your opinion is the only possible correct one, and anyone who disagrees with yourself is wrong?
    Duh

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Duh
    How wonderful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Me ""I'd fire Rex"

All League
    How wonderful.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Bill Belichick -

“Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,”
    Casserly probably hasn't watched one freaking Jets game this year. There's a reason he's out of a job too. Belongs in Macys in his giant Elf costume.
    Belichick says it all here!

All Pro
    And he is entitled to his opinion, but this is Idzik's team, and he deserves his own coach.
    If he so chooses......

If he decides to keep Rex for one FINAL shot then I'm okay with that too....as long as the decision is Idzik's to make...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Me ""I'd fire Rex"
    Made me lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If he so chooses......

If he decides to keep Rex for one FINAL shot then I'm okay with that too....as long as the decision is Idzik's to make...
    If Idzik wants to give Rex one more season than that is his prerogative. However, if he suggests to Woody that he wishes to move the team in a new direction, than Mr. Johnson has to allow Idzik to bring in his own coach.