Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: John " the professor" Clayon reporting that Rex will be replaced...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking John " the professor" Clayon reporting that Rex will be replaced...

==John Clayton just said on radio-- that Rex will be replaced. He said Idzik was miffed that Sanchez was lost

for the season due to the mistake by Rex; i.e. -- putting Sanchez in the meaningless Snoopy bowl game.

Also , mentioned that some personnel decisions that led to a decline in Jets offense were partly Rex's doing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    ==John Clayton just said on radio-- that Rex will be replaced. He said Idzik was miffed that Sanchez was lost

for the season due to the mistake by Rex; i.e. -- putting Sanchez in the meaningless Snoopy bowl game.

Also , mentioned that some personnel decisions that led to a decline in Jets offense were partly Rex's doing.
    So Idzik is a Sanchez fan??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There you go. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Idzik likes Sanchez........ interesting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex doesn't have anything to do with personnel decisions. Don't believe that? Ask several people here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who really cared about Sanchez. Yes - maybe Rex put him in harms way but nobody wanted him to start anyway. Jets needed to see what they had in Geno. Cant use that as an excuse to fire Rex.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Fired.

Sanchez resigned to a 5 year new contract and named 2014 starter.

Only the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Who really cared about Sanchez. Yes - maybe Rex put him in harms way but nobody wanted him to start anyway. Jets needed to see what they had in Geno. Cant use that as an excuse to fire Rex.
    if this report is true, Idzik wanted him to start

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I didn't take that out of it. I took he didn't like his decision to put, either his starting or #2 QB, into the 4th Qtr of a meaningless preseason game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    It's not about liking Sanchez....

Geno was thrown into the fire before he was ready...why? Because of Sanchez's injury....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post

And how does Clayton know this before Woody Johnson and Idzik have talked. Johnson has said he will get together with Idzik after the season has ended. There are two games left. I think Clayton is speculating or misquoted.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the implication is more of it was Rex's fault that Sanchez was playing in a meaningless game. Remember he was slated to be a starter but there was no guarantee he would've ended the season as the starter. Idzik probably wanted more of a streamlined transition for Geno instead of just getting thrown to the fire. Either way this is refreshing news.

"Only the Jets" would be the scenario of Rex getting demoted and staying on as DC. Now that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Rex Fired.

Sanchez resigned to a 5 year new contract and named 2014 starter.

Only the Jets.
    You couldn't have possibly interpreted that statement that way.....don't be an SOJF Warfish you're better than that...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex doesn't have anything to do with personnel decisions. Don't believe that? Ask several people here.
    Yeah like he was the one that wanted Revis gone..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I didn't take that out of it. I took he didn't like his decision to put, either his starting or #2 QB, into the 4th Qtr of a meaningless preseason game.
    huh? how could he be mad about having the back up in? that makes zero sense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it Tannenbaum's fault? A head coach will always give input, but its up to the GM to shoot him down.

As for putting in Sanchez in the preseason, it's not like we'd be in playoff contention with Sanchez playing right now. The guy plays like a backup and deserved to be playing with the backups.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Geno was thrown into the fire before he was ready...why? Because of Sanchez's injury....
    +1
    we will never know but i believe that we would have had a better season with sanchez

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking after Rex..... Darrell Bevel ...OC from Seahawks a possible.....?

....Yes, that is correctly stated. Clayton implied that very thing in his blurb on the Mike and Mike radio show.

He seemed to be rather positive that Rex will be canned.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    +1
    we will never know but i believe that we would have had a better season with sanchez
    what about the previous 2 years makes you think that with Sanchez? He was brutal in the preseason before the injury too

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You couldn't have possibly interpreted that statement that way.....don't be an SOJF Warfish you're better than that...
    No, I'm often rather SOJF tbh.

And frankly, I could see Idzik resign Sanchez, much to everyones dismay. Wouldn't even suprise me really.

We Fans assume the Frachise feels the same way about Sanchez most of us do, i.e. he's a bust, didn't work out, got to get rid of him.

Except Woody/Rex/Idzik have never, IMO, given that any credence.

Now, if I had to bet, I still bet Rex is retained, Sanchez and Holmes and cut.

But I could absolutely see an outcome where Rex is fired, and yet Sanchez is reneg. and resigned to a cheaper long-term deal to stay and compete for the #1 QB job with Geno Smith next year.

Such a move would (to a GM) solve two problems. 1. No "need" to draft/aquire a FA Vet QB/young QB for 2014. 2. If Smith wins the job, Sanchez is the Veteran experienced backup. If Sanchez wins, Geno can wait and learn behind him.

I keep warning folks, don;t be suprised if sanchez is a Jet in 2014. It's not close to the impossabillity many presume.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-17-2013 at 10:42 AM.