Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Rex won more games with this team than 90% of coaches in the league now would ..

  1. #1

    Rex won more games with this team than 90% of coaches in the league now would ..

    And you guys want him gone? Oh cause he played Ed Reed? How many coaches play guys who they have a great respect for or have "their guys" ... Bellichick stuck with Branch longer than he should, Cowher did it with a couple of guys, Tomlin's still doing it and he has a ring, and the list goes on and on. Parcells would always bring in his guys wherever he went. At the end of the day Rex got more out of this team than most can get and with what talent? This team's talent is D level at best. We have a TERRIBLE roster. San Fran sucked with time management the last couple of years and did the Ravens last year and they won a superbowl. We see these flaws all over. Coaches have flaws just like players even the one's that win the superbowl check the New York Giants for christ sakes.

    If the Giants reacted like their fanbase wanted them to after 2010 after they blew the division on terrible coaching ALL over losing games at the end of the season and blowing a huge 20 point lead against Philly in 1 quarter then Coughlin doesn't come back the next year and the Giants likely don't win a superbowl. Maybe the Giants upper management realized it didn't fall on the coaches and that the players were as much to blame if not more. Our PLAYERS aren't as good as other Team's players. This is why we are where we are. I think most people need to start thinking a million diff moves could have changes this season. Wake up people ... Rex got a lot out of this team and for better or worse he gutted it out with Dee knowing its for this franchise's benefit in the future and not his short term benefit. Give Rex another year, hope Geno develops, bring in a REAL QB with the money we save from Sanchez that can challenge Geno or make him sit, sign some guys, draft some offensive skill players, let Rex plug the holes defensively however he can ... Coples, Wilk, Sheldon next year 1 more year with development who the hell knows.

  2. #2
    It is not just this year we are 12-21 over our last 33 games. He is what his record says he is. How about the job Testerman has done with McCown at qb,Philbin in Miami,Belly in New England . Heck it could be argued that Rex has done the worst coaching job in the afc east. Every coach is challenged ,some fall on their faces ,coaches are no longer allowed to fall on their face for over 2 seasons. Rex is the type of coach where you hope to find lightening in the bottle and win before he shows his warts . Everybody sees Rexes warts now and we need to move on.
    Last edited by auctionking; 12-17-2013 at 08:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Rex isn't as bad as people make him out to be. He's actually a good coach - but he has neglected the offense and it shows. The Sanchez pick is contributing to the team's yearly demise as well. If Rex stays, this draft has to be 80% offense. Must. At least. AND, you have to draft a QB and sign a veteran. If Geno starts, hey - he's a new improved QB from this year.

    Leading the league in turnovers the last 3 years (total) doesn't help Rex's case as well. What's our turnover differential during that span? The fact that the Jets didn't have a 2-14 during that time is amazing to me.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    And you guys want him gone? Oh cause he played Ed Reed? How many coaches play guys who they have a great respect for or have "their guys" ... Bellichick stuck with Branch longer than he should, Cowher did it with a couple of guys, Tomlin's still doing it and he has a ring, and the list goes on and on. Parcells would always bring in his guys wherever he went. At the end of the day Rex got more out of this team than most can get and with what talent? This team's talent is D level at best. We have a TERRIBLE roster. San Fran sucked with time management the last couple of years and did the Ravens last year and they won a superbowl. We see these flaws all over. Coaches have flaws just like players even the one's that win the superbowl check the New York Giants for christ sakes.

    If the Giants reacted like their fanbase wanted them to after 2010 after they blew the division on terrible coaching ALL over losing games at the end of the season and blowing a huge 20 point lead against Philly in 1 quarter then Coughlin doesn't come back the next year and the Giants likely don't win a superbowl. Maybe the Giants upper management realized it didn't fall on the coaches and that the players were as much to blame if not more. Our PLAYERS aren't as good as other Team's players. This is why we are where we are. I think most people need to start thinking a million diff moves could have changes this season. Wake up people ... Rex got a lot out of this team and for better or worse he gutted it out with Dee knowing its for this franchise's benefit in the future and not his short term benefit. Give Rex another year, hope Geno develops, bring in a REAL QB with the money we save from Sanchez that can challenge Geno or make him sit, sign some guys, draft some offensive skill players, let Rex plug the holes defensively however he can ... Coples, Wilk, Sheldon next year 1 more year with development who the hell knows.


  5. #5
    Rex is a horrible head coach and we would be better off with many other head coaches. Hopefully he gets fired in 13 days and his clown act can go set up tent somewhere else.

  6. #6
    After 2010 with the cap space and the players lost... We really have been rebuilding since 2011. We had a bunch of plug in players that year... Realistically everyone should have saw that Plaxico Hunter Pouha Mason were not going to be around long. Pouha had a pretty good year but really never did much else. Plax was good in the redzone but looked glued to the defenders most of the time. Hunter and Mason... No explanation needed. 2012 We lose our 2 best players on offense and defense. Tannenbum completely botched on the trade for Tim Tebow and drafting Stephen Hill. This year we trade our best player... Can't put blame on Rex for that one you think he was on board for the Revis trade? So he gets stuck in with a rookie and who really struggled but has played pretty damn well the past 2 weeks. His third offensive coordinator his second rookie QB second gm with no cap space and no offensive talent because Tannenbum threw money at Sanchez Revis Holmes Scott. Did Rex have a hand in picking some of these players? Absolutely but he did not have anything to do with over paying there contracts. Rex Ryan has coached his ass off given the circumstances he's been put under. It would be a shame and a huge set back for Geno the defense and the whole organization if he is gone next year.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    After 2010 with the cap space and the players lost... We really have been rebuilding since 2011. We had a bunch of plug in players that year... Realistically everyone should have saw that Plaxico Hunter Pouha Mason were not going to be around long. Pouha had a pretty good year but really never did much else. Plax was good in the redzone but looked glued to the defenders most of the time. Hunter and Mason... No explanation needed. 2012 We lose our 2 best players on offense and defense. Tannenbum completely botched on the trade for Tim Tebow and drafting Stephen Hill. This year we trade our best player... Can't put blame on Rex for that one you think he was on board for the Revis trade? So he gets stuck in with a rookie and who really struggled but has played pretty damn well the past 2 weeks. His third offensive coordinator his second rookie QB second gm with no cap space and no offensive talent because Tannenbum threw money at Sanchez Revis Holmes Scott. Did Rex have a hand in picking some of these players? Absolutely but he did not have anything to do with over paying there contracts. Rex Ryan has coached his ass off given the circumstances he's been put under. It would be a shame and a huge set back for Geno the defense and the whole organization if he is gone next year.
    It is past your bedtime Mrs. Ryan!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    It is past your bedtime Mrs. Ryan!
    Do you have anything to disprove what I said? Or do you just have lame jokes?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Do you have anything to disprove what I said? Or do you just have lame jokes?
    First off I am just busting you chops… I have read a number of your posts over the past several days and you support Rex. I don't agree but who give a crap. You and I debating the merits of keeping or getting rid of Rex is irrelevant. We will find out in two weeks what the team decides to do. I don't think he is very good and I am ready to move on!

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    First off I am just busting you chops… I have read a number of your posts over the past several days and you support Rex. I don't agree but who give a crap. You and I debating the merits of keeping or getting rid of Rex is irrelevant. We will find out in two weeks what the team decides to do. I don't think he is very good and I am ready to move on!
    Very true. But I believe the plan was to keep Rex all along. Which is why it took us awhile to find a new GM. With a rookie qb losing Winslow Holmes Kerley Hill Goodson Cribbs I mean what more can you ask of the man to do with the talent we have? There are 2 games left and we were in contention until last night with this horrid roster. Rex did a far better job then Idizik and Woody did there's.

  12. #12
    I'm good with keeping Rex .. I'm also good with firing him if there is a better option.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    How can you make blanket statement with a percentage without doing the research to back up your hypothesis? You like Rex, thats great, I like Rex also. I also want the Jets to win.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,203
    Rex needs to stay!! We need to stop the BS with starting over with a new staff every 4-5 years. Time to put some roots in the ground and stick with this staff. The players love him. They play hard for him and have been going out of their way in the press to say how much they love him. He has been the coach with two QBs who have been turnover machines. Leading the league in turnovers again this season and he could get this team to 7-9 or 8-8. Get him some offensive weapons and a QB who doesn't kill us and the sky is the limit.

  16. #16
    Rex is going to win a Superbowl.

    As DC in New England. GET USED TO IT!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Rex is going to win a Superbowl.

    As DC in New England. GET USED TO IT!
    No as Hc of the Montreal Alouttes , where they don't play D . It will be Rex's prolific offensive expertise that will get them over the top.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No as Hc of the Montreal Alouttes , where they don't play D . It will be Rex's prolific offensive expertise that will get them over the top.
    You're just retarded if you don't think he'll be coaching in the NFL next year.
    Just stop now. No need to dig yourself even deeper.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,694
    I like Rex the person, but he's really shown zero growth as a HC.

    What did we hear all offseason?

    "I want an offense that will match our aggressiveness on defense"

    And what does he do about 6-7 games into the season? Stick his f*cking paws all over the offense again, reverting back to the ultra-conservative "ground & pound" approach. And then about a week ago, publicly admits that was the wrong decision. LOL

    The guy can't help himself. He wants to coach football like it's 1982.

    Neither Sanchez or Geno were viewed as "gamemanager" QB's coming out of college, but that's the role that Rex wanted to force them into.

    At this point, I'm totally convinced that regardless of the QB or OC that we bring in...Rex will eventually just neuter the hell out of them.

    There comes a point where it's best for both parties to go their seperate ways, and I think we've reached that point.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You're just retarded if you don't think he'll be coaching in the NFL next year.
    Just stop now. No need to dig yourself even deeper.
    And I'm sure the fans of that team will just love him just like allk his supporters here. Then after 2-3 years they'll realize he's all talk and no action.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us