Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New York media will continue to hate on the Jets

Jets Insider VIP

The New York media will continue to hate on the Jets

As I wake up this morning to mark malusis and Jody Mac on the fan, malusis who thinks he is Francesca junior is hating on the jets organization for retaining Rex. I'm sure when Francesca gets back on the air he will do the same in his smug condescending way. Most amusing is that throughout the entire past year the NY media has been so far off base with stories on the Jets they might as well be predicting the weather. From the Jets being a 2-4 win team to Rex getting canned they really haven't dealt with much in the facts department. Ahhhh the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    As I wake up this morning to mark malusis and Jody Mac on the fan, malusis who thinks he is Francesca junior is hating on the jets organization for retaining Rex. I'm sure when Francesca gets back on the air he will do the same in his smug condescending way. Most amusing is that throughout the entire past year the NY media has been so far off base with stories on the Jets they might as well be predicting the weather. From the Jets being a 2-4 win team to Rex getting canned they really haven't dealt with much in the facts department. Ahhhh the off season.
    Was listening on my way to work this morning too and that idiot Malusis was being ridiculous. At one point he said Idzik's job was i making travel arrangements for the Seahawks and kept harping on a report from last year that "The Jets couldn't give the GM job away"

Bring the hate and ignorance. Just fuels the Jets to be better next year. Malusis is a clown. Everyone knows it.

All Pro
    Does this mean we'll open up next year ranked #32 in the power rankings again?

Francesca was on the pro Rex side, so he would approve of the move.

Hall Of Fame
    Hate to break it to you but this whole media against Rex and the Jets thing is just about dead. Rex got overwhelming support from the media this year including Francesa.

When we were a circus with Tebow we got called out on it. Idzik has restored order. Less leaks, less controversy, more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hate to break it to you but this whole media against Rex and the Jets thing is just about dead. Rex got overwhelming support from the media this year including Francesa.

When we were a circus with Tebow we got called out on it. Idzik has restored order. Less leaks, less controversy, more wins.
    Yep. Idzik made the circus pack up and leave town. It now resides in Cleveland where nobody knows what's going on

I was admittedly on the fence about keeping Rex. I always wanted it to be Idzik's decision and I do think this was ultimately Idzik's decision. Idzik's demeanor and attitude proves as much. He presented Rex the gameball after the MIA game and was all hugs with Rex. I truly think Idzik enjoyed working with Rex and believes he is the right guy for him.

As for the media.....look there's nothing for them to report on. We have stability, we have a very bright future with potentially 12 picks and 40m under the cap, and we are not even close to being the circus we once were. If dip****s want to keep digging and making up nonsensical stories about Idzik being a puppet or garbage like that then so be it. I think every respectable fan understands that this was the right move, and that our FO is operating at it's most professional level that it has in years.

I hate Malusis...the fact that he continues to float the "they couldn't give the job away" big lie just goes to show he is an irrational Jets hater. Malusis is a NYer who is an old 80's front-running REDSKINS FAN. That my friend is where the circus resides now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Very very true. Maluser is just a plain jet hater.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    malusis who thinks he is Francesca junior .
    That is the whole story right there. Nothing more need be said about this loser.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Yep. Idzik made the circus pack up and leave town. It now resides in Cleveland where nobody knows what's going on
    The media is always looking for a whipping boy. After the circus left town it went to Miami, then Washington briefly, now it's settled in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Francesca was on the pro Rex side, so he would approve of the move.
    Yeah.

He seems to have switched his "hate" toward Idzik(and Woody) for some reason.

Oh and somebody needs to call in and ask Malusis "How about 'dem Redskins?" just to piss him off....

It really is fascinating to read threads like this. As if the media is supposed to... what, be Jets fans? Their job is to report objectively. The Jets are a .500 team. They are coming off 3 straight non playoff seasons. Objectively speaking, their talent level is still near the bottom of the league. Their QB of the future was horrible in his first year, but finished strong against two bad teams. Is any of this stuff up for debate? Did the Jets just win their division? Make the playoffs? No, no and no. So what exactly should the media be saying? If anything, from my perspective the media is like 99% positive about the Jets keeping Rex Ryan. But one guy voicing some legitimate opinions is "hating". Yeah, ok.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    It really is fascinating to read threads like this. As if the media is supposed to... what, be Jets fans? Their job is to report objectively. The Jets are a .500 team. They are coming off 3 straight non playoff seasons. Objectively speaking, their talent level is still near the bottom of the league. Their QB of the future was horrible in his first year, but finished strong against two bad teams. Is any of this stuff up for debate? Did the Jets just win their division? Make the playoffs? No, no and no. So what exactly should the media be saying? If anything, from my perspective the media is like 99% positive about the Jets keeping Rex Ryan. But one guy voicing some legitimate opinions is "hating". Yeah, ok.
    The media's job is to sell advertising.

Objective reporting? Most media in the U.S. has decided that's weak sauce for attracting eyes and ears. Controversy sells. Inventing stories, tabloid style, has become an accepted mechanism in many parts of media we used to view as objective. Nowhere more so than sports reporting.

Unfortunately, we live in a 24x7 news cycle, with story (and non-story) fuses lit via Twitter and blogs. The only way the NY Jets can leave the "circus" stories behind is to have those stories look completely out of synch with reality, which will make reporters afraid to risk credibility by hyping such stories.

How do you do that? Quietly winning a lot of games.

Rookie
    Geez, contradicting yourself, within the same post..... that's impressive. Objectively, means looking at ALL the FACTS..... I'm pretty sure "they couldn't give the GM job away" is not FACTUAL---- just a ridiculous, sensationalist opinion. As far as beating "bad" teams, the Phins were an average team, by definition, just like the Jets..... Browns were in a lot of close games--- regardless, the season was not the last two games. Saints and Pats are not bad teams--- Bills, Panthers, Ravens, Steelers, were all games that the Jets were in.... until some backbreaking turnovers occurred, from the rookie QB--- which is to be expected.

Objectively, the Jets were a young, inconsistent team, with a lack of offensive playmakers, new starters on defense, and a new system on offense, that takes time to get. They finished with wins in 3 of the last 4, with the only loss being a close contest against a good Panthers team, in their house. Objectively, that's called an upswing. Just looking at Wins and Losses does not allow for the concept of improving over time.... which is what they've done--- and that's coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh and somebody needs to call in and ask Malusis "How about 'dem Redskins?" just to piss him off....
    He'd like nothing more than just that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The national media are praising the job Rex did and the Jets this morning. Kills people like you I bet

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Geez, contradicting yourself, within the same post..... that's impressive. Objectively, means looking at ALL the FACTS..... I'm pretty sure "they couldn't give the GM job away" is not FACTUAL---- just a ridiculous, sensationalist opinion. As far as beating "bad" teams, the Phins were an average team, by definition, just like the Jets..... Browns were in a lot of close games--- regardless, the season was not the last two games. Saints and Pats are not bad teams--- Bills, Panthers, Ravens, Steelers, were all games that the Jets were in.... until some backbreaking turnovers occurred, from the rookie QB--- which is to be expected.

Objectively, the Jets were a young, inconsistent team, with a lack of offensive playmakers, new starters on defense, and a new system on offense, that takes time to get. They finished with wins in 3 of the last 4, with the only loss being a close contest against a good Panthers team, in their house. Objectively, that's called an upswing. Just looking at Wins and Losses does not allow for the concept of improving over time.... which is what they've done--- and that's coaching.
    How come no one has read this post and praised laxman? I get it, some of you struggle with logic and anything more than superficial banter, but this is right on the money. Great job laxman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The national media are praising the job Rex did and the Jets this morning. Kills people like you I bet

It does, because I think Rex Ryan is a bad head coach. Nothing against him personally, I just think the media loves him because he helps them get readers (to make the point someone else posted earlier). This idea that this year was Rex's best coaching job, which I hear over and over again, is laughable. Just look at the stats. The Jets were awful in almost every metric. They were blown out in more than half their losses. They make the same mistakes that Rex teams have been making for 5 years (penalties, bad challenges, wasted timeouts, poor performance off a bye week, etc.) Rex has had 5 years and was mediocre in every season except one. When we win 6-8 games again next year, which we will, are we having the same conversation? At what point do you hold him accountable? It just seems clear that this owner loves the guy because he brings attention to the team, which generates interest, sells tickets, etc. As long as he never wins 4 or fewer games, he'll always be able to sell Rex back to the fans.

That's just my honest opinion. People act like anyone who criticizes the Jets must hate the team, because, you know, clearly the Jets - who have won 2 division titles in my lifetime (over 40 years) are way better than they get credit for and can't ever be criticized legitimately. Actually I'd love nothing more than for Rex to become a great head coach now that we're stuck with him. I just don't see how that happens suddenly, when there's been zero growth in five seasons.