Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: The New York media will continue to hate on the Jets

  1. #21
    Listening to the opinion of a guy like Malusis is about the same as reading posts by thebigragu, you might read or in this case listen, but at the end of the day do you really care?

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    It does, because I think Rex Ryan is a bad head coach.
    There probably aren't more than a handful of coaches in the NFL who could have gotten THIS team to 8 wins this season. Seriously, with "weapons" like David Nelson and Bilal Powell, and has-beens like Holmes and Winslow, we sure gave our Hall of Fame QB, rookie Geno Smith, all the tools he needed to lead this team to the playoffs!

    Honestly, no one did more with less than Rex Ryan this year. Even on defense, the DLine was the only above average unit. We swapped a Pro Bowl CB out for a rookie and counted on hold-the-fort guys like Calvin Pace to keep opposing teams from scoring.

    Rex should be in the conversation for Coach of the Year!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hate to break it to you but this whole media against Rex and the Jets thing is just about dead. Rex got overwhelming support from the media this year including Francesa.

    When we were a circus with Tebow we got called out on it. Idzik has restored order. Less leaks, less controversy, more wins.
    Don't break it to us, because as usual, you're wrong.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Geez, contradicting yourself, within the same post..... that's impressive. Objectively, means looking at ALL the FACTS..... I'm pretty sure "they couldn't give the GM job away" is not FACTUAL---- just a ridiculous, sensationalist opinion. As far as beating "bad" teams, the Phins were an average team, by definition, just like the Jets..... Browns were in a lot of close games--- regardless, the season was not the last two games. Saints and Pats are not bad teams--- Bills, Panthers, Ravens, Steelers, were all games that the Jets were in.... until some backbreaking turnovers occurred, from the rookie QB--- which is to be expected.

    Objectively, the Jets were a young, inconsistent team, with a lack of offensive playmakers, new starters on defense, and a new system on offense, that takes time to get. They finished with wins in 3 of the last 4, with the only loss being a close contest against a good Panthers team, in their house. Objectively, that's called an upswing. Just looking at Wins and Losses does not allow for the concept of improving over time.... which is what they've done--- and that's coaching.


    You need to post much more!

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    It does, because I think Rex Ryan is a bad head coach. Nothing against him personally, I just think the media loves him because he helps them get readers (to make the point someone else posted earlier). This idea that this year was Rex's best coaching job, which I hear over and over again, is laughable. Just look at the stats. The Jets were awful in almost every metric. They were blown out in more than half their losses. They make the same mistakes that Rex teams have been making for 5 years (penalties, bad challenges, wasted timeouts, poor performance off a bye week, etc.) Rex has had 5 years and was mediocre in every season except one. When we win 6-8 games again next year, which we will, are we having the same conversation? At what point do you hold him accountable? It just seems clear that this owner loves the guy because he brings attention to the team, which generates interest, sells tickets, etc. As long as he never wins 4 or fewer games, he'll always be able to sell Rex back to the fans.

    That's just my honest opinion. People act like anyone who criticizes the Jets must hate the team, because, you know, clearly the Jets - who have won 2 division titles in my lifetime (over 40 years) are way better than they get credit for and can't ever be criticized legitimately. Actually I'd love nothing more than for Rex to become a great head coach now that we're stuck with him. I just don't see how that happens suddenly, when there's been zero growth in five seasons.
    You cant kill Rex because you say the media kills the Jets and in the same thread kill Rex because the media loves him.

    You keeping looking at stats to kill Rex, look at numbers. Its too simple, do you think the Jets are 8, 9, 10, 11 or better talent? If so fire Rex. His job is to get the most out of the talent on the team. How many games did the media, you think they would win? 3? 4? 5? And they won 8 and thats makes calling the 8 a good job laughable? No, it makes what youre doing laughable. List the games where he cost us games calling time outs? Theyre young, when he had more vets, they werent a high penalty team, see a thread? They were blown out 3xs, not half. Bottom line, they played to a higher level than the talent on the team.

  6. #26
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    How come no one has read this post and praised laxman? I get it, some of you struggle with logic and anything more than superficial banter, but this is right on the money. Great job laxman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    You need to post much more!
    I appreciate that, from both of you. I don't post, more often, because most of these threads just break down into emotional pissin' contests..... which I usually can't be bothered with. I try to post logically, which doesn't seem to be very popular amongst the rabid factions. We're all Jets fans, but some people want to wallow in misery, as if it's a badge of honor. I've been a Jets fan since '82.... not as long as some, longer than many, but I could never fall into the SOJ pity party.

    What I find funny, is that people talk about the crappy way the Jets have always done things.... yet, they want to keep repeating the same mistakes---- the Jets haven't won the SB, get rid of the HC, without analyzing every aspect of what makes a winning team..... rinse and repeat. The next guy is definitely THE ONE.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You cant kill Rex because you say the media kills the Jets and in the same thread kill Rex because the media loves him.

    You keeping looking at stats to kill Rex, look at numbers. Its too simple, do you think the Jets are 8, 9, 10, 11 or better talent? If so fire Rex. His job is to get the most out of the talent on the team. How many games did the media, you think they would win? 3? 4? 5? And they won 8 and thats makes calling the 8 a good job laughable? No, it makes what youre doing laughable. List the games where he cost us games calling time outs? Theyre young, when he had more vets, they werent a high penalty team, see a thread? They were blown out 3xs, not half. Bottom line, they played to a higher level than the talent on the team.

    You're looking at one season, I am looking at 5. That's really my issue with Rex. It is laughable to reward a guy for having his "best" season at 8-8, while ignoring the previous 4 that were all mediocre, except one.

    Here's a stat: since the start of last year the Jets have lost 13 games by double-digits. Only Jax has more. Here's another: in 5 seasons, Rex is 1-4 after bye weeks. What does it say about a coach who consistently can't prepare a team with 2 weeks?

  8. #28
    rex is still the best DC in the nfl. you keep him just for that reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You're looking at one season, I am looking at 5. That's really my issue with Rex. It is laughable to reward a guy for having his "best" season at 8-8, while ignoring the previous 4 that were all mediocre, except one.

    Here's a stat: since the start of last year the Jets have lost 13 games by double-digits. Only Jax has more. Here's another: in 5 seasons, Rex is 1-4 after bye weeks. What does it say about a coach who consistently can't prepare a team with 2 weeks?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Listening to the opinion of a guy like Malusis is about the same as reading posts by thebigragu, you might read or in this case listen, but at the end of the day do you really care?
    Marcia Maclueless knows d*ck about nothing. Fatso as arrogant as he is at least has knowledge.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You're looking at one season, I am looking at 5. That's really my issue with Rex. It is laughable to reward a guy for having his "best" season at 8-8, while ignoring the previous 4 that were all mediocre, except one.

    Here's a stat: since the start of last year the Jets have lost 13 games by double-digits. Only Jax has more. Here's another: in 5 seasons, Rex is 1-4 after bye weeks. What does it say about a coach who consistently can't prepare a team with 2 weeks?
    Ok Mr Genius who do you propose we replace Rex with? Dan Quinn or Mike Zimmer? There's no point there still defensive coaches and our problems are on offense. But hey I'm sure Jon Gruden can't wait to give up his cushy ESPN gig to coach the most hated team in the NFL in a vicious market where most of the reporters and talk show hosts are phaggy Giants fans.

    Rex has had one losing season in 5 years. Do you know how many coaches get to keep their jobs after going 3-13 or 4-12? Rich Kotite and Eric Mangini sure did yet we should fire Rex for going 8-8 with a garbage roster.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 12-30-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Just looking at Wins and Losses does not allow for the concept of improving over time.... which is what they've done--- and that's coaching.
    Seriously??????

    The only thing that matters in the NFL is wins and losses.

    All that other stuff is nothing but excuses. And you don't consider 5 years is "over time"?

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Tooon....

    Wait a minute, so the Dolphins who were the lead team to win their way into a playoff spot is now a "bad" team, just because the Jets handled them? Your schtick is getting really really old. You and Magnus should jump off the bridge together. You deserve each other.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    It really is fascinating to read threads like this. As if the media is supposed to... what, be Jets fans? Their job is to report objectively. The Jets are a .500 team. They are coming off 3 straight non playoff seasons. Objectively speaking, their talent level is still near the bottom of the league. Their QB of the future was horrible in his first year, but finished strong against two bad teams. Is any of this stuff up for debate? Did the Jets just win their division? Make the playoffs? No, no and no. So what exactly should the media be saying? If anything, from my perspective the media is like 99% positive about the Jets keeping Rex Ryan. But one guy voicing some legitimate opinions is "hating". Yeah, ok.
    If you live outside of NYC, that's exactly what the Media does. Here in Seattle, the Media is always pro Sea Hawks. In the up years they are cheerleaders. In the down years, they lament the situation and talk about past glories and a bright future.

    In NY, the media glass is always half empty.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You're looking at one season, I am looking at 5. That's really my issue with Rex. It is laughable to reward a guy for having his "best" season at 8-8, while ignoring the previous 4 that were all mediocre, except one.

    Here's a stat: since the start of last year the Jets have lost 13 games by double-digits. Only Jax has more. Here's another: in 5 seasons, Rex is 1-4 after bye weeks. What does it say about a coach who consistently can't prepare a team with 2 weeks?
    Your correct that bye week thing sucks. but at the same time hasn't won Andy Reid any superbowls either still it's a valid point. That buffalo game prob means we are in.

    That said Wins in the playoffs on the road mean more then bye week wins.

    the penalty thing you mentioned is a anomaly.
    If you think Rex hasn't improved as a coach your not really watching. Or your confusing coaching with playing. Like most guys on here confuse pressure with sacks.

  15. #35
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    How come no one has read this post and praised laxman? I get it, some of you struggle with logic and anything more than superficial banter, but this is right on the money. Great job laxman!
    I just read it. Very impressive post!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    If you think Rex hasn't improved as a coach your not really watching.
    Over the last 3 years, Rex has a losing record as a HC and hasn't sniffed the playoffs.

    Not to mention his self-proclaimed "elite" defense has gotten progressively worse each year.

    So how is it that he has "improved" as a HC?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Over the last 3 years, Rex has a losing record as a HC and hasn't sniffed the playoffs.

    Not to mention his self-proclaimed "elite" defense has gotten progressively worse each year.

    So how is it that he has "improved" as a HC?


    Another casual fan that looks at only the big picture and lumps in this year with the previous two that doesn't know any better.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    there's been zero growth in five seasons.
    Don't understand the growth thing

    Teams generally are as good as their QB.....ours have been terrible

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Another casual fan that looks at only the big picture and lumps in this year with the previous two that doesn't know any better.
    LOL. How many times have you criticized someone for being myopic?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Over the last 3 years, Rex has a losing record as a HC and hasn't sniffed the playoffs.

    Not to mention his self-proclaimed "elite" defense has gotten progressively worse each year.

    So how is it that he has "improved" as a HC?
    Coaching vs playing

    hasn't sniffed the playoffs would be incorrect. We were one game out that's kinda close how many teams that are close to leading the league in TO's got that close?

    How many games have we won over the last three years were we lost the turn over battle I'll take a shot in the dark and say probably more then any team should.

    Did we lead the league in 3 and outs?
    If your familiar with how football works you will understand how this effect the game. Field position TOP fatigue ect.

    I've stated this before there has been a handful of team over the past 5 years that have won games with subpar QB play and the jets under Rex are one of them.

    again coaching and playing are two different things. You can call the correct defense but if player #jackass gets toasted on a double move that's just football.

    Tom Brady 2 games 1 TD on a blown coverage by a rookie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us