Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Locker room video of Woody announcing Rex' 2014 return to the team

Locker room video of Woody announcing Rex' 2014 return to the team

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...9-055f06ccf75c

Even if you aren't a Rex fan, you have to love how much the team cares about him. You can also easily see how much Rex loves being a Jet. Pretty neat.

Last edited by McGinley; 12-30-2013 at 09:24 AM.

That's really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Even if you aren't a Rex fan, you have to love how much the team cares about him. You can also easily see how much Rex loves being a Jet. Pretty neat.
    Yes you can clearly see here that Idzik was forced into this decision and is clearly only a puppet.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

And anyone who wants to say Woody trumped Idzik and forced Rex on him just need watch this video over and over until common sense prevails in their brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    And anyone who wants to say Woody trumped Idzik and forced Rex on him just need watch this video over and over until common sense prevails in their brain.
    BINGO. We rest our case, your honor.

Veteran
    At the end of the vid Rex is almost crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    I thought he was gonna break down when John gave him the game ball.

What this shows is that FINALLY everybody is on the same page. And a unified front office working together is the important first step to building a winner. Look at what's happening in Cleveland right now. Chaos, dysfunction, and conflict. Not here.

That's awesome. Off topic but Rex really needs to retire the blacks sweater vest look

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    BINGO. We rest our case, your honor.
    Exactly. Like I said I was more in the camp of allowing it to be Idzik's decision than the keep Rex no matter what camp. If Idzik went another direction I may not have liked it, but I would have respected it. It's clear Rex was his man.

Having said that, I think Woody needs some respect and props in all of this. He did not "force" Rex on Idzik. He just recognized that Rex is talented and has a ton of potential as a coach, so he asked that Idzik just work with him for a year and see for himself what he thought of the man. I have always praised Woody for staying out of football operations, and he almost exculsively has, but this one time he clearly intervened I think he made a great decision. I think this past season, being so close to losing his job, has changed Rex. It has humbled him, and as we all know Rex it has certainly motivated him. I believe this season has made Rex a much better coach than any other year, and I am looking forward to his progression next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Well I'm sure DDNY,Johnny,56 and quite a few others were crying as well..

Another important thing Idzik stated. "Confident, not cocky" He has instilled that notion onto Rex and this team.

One of the best Jet moments I have ever watched. Gave me chills.

All League
    just saw it on fb. awesome video.

It's impressive, no doubt.

These players clearly love their player's coach, even if (as this board says) most of them should be gone next year for being talentless hacks no one can win with.....

I may question alot of things about Rex Ryan, his passion and love for his job, this job, is not one of them.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Another important thing Idzik stated. "Confident, not cocky" He has instilled that notion onto Rex and this team.
    Rex's reaction when he says "confident, not cocky" is kind of funny.

All League
    That was awesome

All League
    Freaking awesome!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well I'm sure DDNY,Johnny,56 and quite a few others were crying as well..
    I'm saving my tears for the SB parade.

Veteran
    Enough said. One team ,one fight. We have a Head Coach. We have a GM. We have a good owner. We have a team that cares about each other !!