Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 192

Thread: Locker room video of Woody announcing Rex' 2014 return to the team

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agree 100%

    Does anyone not think the Jets would have a few more than 8 wins with Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush on this team?
    And he would have had at least one dominating D with the talent thats on that side of the ball in Detroit? I never got the constant Rex is on the hot seat talk while no one brought up Schwartz. Rex's regular season record dwarfs his plus the 2 playoff years, 4 playoff wins, 2 AFCCGs really making it lopsided when they both were hired together.

  2. #102
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex need to do some upper body workouts ... Anyone else catch those toothpick arms ?

    Seriously .. Great vid ... I really think we got the right guy in Idzik ... Woody was fine.

  3. #103
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Your baby bottle tears didn't dry up long ago, the crying will be for the real long-term Jets fan die-hards who will have really earned it.
    Woah woah, I will admit to disagreeing with DDNY and a bunch of the other posters that routinely get under your (and my) skin. But to say they haven't earned the right to celebrate if we did well? Just cause you and I disagree with them does NOT make us better fans.

  4. #104
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    1. I'll take it, getting the most out of the entire is more important that he stuck with a player that we as fans think should be sat.

    2. Jim Leonard, Bart Scott, Braylon, Sanchez (don't think for a second that he was playing this year), the list goes on, he has sat or cut his guys.
    Agree to disagree on Scott and Leonard. I think he played them for far too long. I'd say the only thing he ticked me off with this year was putting in Reed for Allen. Kinda makes it seem like "I don't care what you did prior or how much you have improved, I will put in a washed up MY guy over you in a heartbeat".

    For the record I am a 100% on board with bring Rex back and have been a big fan. I think that that decision did put me on the fence about him during the season. He still can improve, but can't we all.

  5. #105
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That is indeed pretty awesome. Let's hold this guy up to a high standard now, though. He's gone from back to back AFC title games to missing the playoffs for 3 straight years. It's time to get back in the Superbowl hunt, immediately. Otherwise, Rex will always just be what his detractors say he is -- a lot of talk and nothing else.
    I am a Jets fan, Sir. My arms are ****ing tired.

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Woah woah, I will admit to disagreeing with DDNY and a bunch of the other posters that routinely get under your (and my) skin. But to say they haven't earned the right to celebrate if we did well? Just cause you and I disagree with them does NOT make us better fans.
    While I agree all fans even the SOJF variety have the right to celebrate they would do it by complaining about the D giving up a fg in a 30-3 Jet victory or say if the other team scored just 4 tds they would have won easily..

  7. #107
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you need to drop your "cynical rocks". Do you really think Idzik "staged" that speech???
    Here's a GM who has spoke all of 3-4 times since he's been here and has shunned the spotlight.
    But now he becomes Tom Cruise and puts on a show??? Come on, you don't believe that

  8. #108
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Agree to disagree on Scott and Leonard. I think he played them for far too long. I'd say the only thing he ticked me off with this year was putting in Reed for Allen. Kinda makes it seem like "I don't care what you did prior or how much you have improved, I will put in a washed up MY guy over you in a heartbeat".

    For the record I am a 100% on board with bring Rex back and have been a big fan. I think that that decision did put me on the fence about him during the season. He still can improve, but can't we all.
    You have to look at the alternatives. Who would you play? When Leonard was injured our D suffered. The constant calls to replace him didn't address the with who piece of the puzzle. Same with Bart, when Davis was ready, Bart was done. He has not been the reluctant coach.

  9. #109
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Woah woah, I will admit to disagreeing with DDNY and a bunch of the other posters that routinely get under your (and my) skin. But to say they haven't earned the right to celebrate if we did well? Just cause you and I disagree with them does NOT make us better fans.
    LOL. Good luck explaining that to Ray.

  10. #110
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    That's awesome. Off topic but Rex really needs to retire the blacks sweater vest look
    Couldn't be wronger. Rex's distinctive sidelines sartorial splendor allowed me to track his movements up and down the field yesterday, even from the nosebleed seats I was in.
    We need continuity in all aspects of our coaching decisions.

  11. #111
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    While I agree all fans even the SOJF variety have the right to celebrate they would do it by complaining about the D giving up a fg in a 30-3 Jet victory or say if the other team scored just 4 tds they would have won easily..
    Kind of like complaining about our HOF RB not being good enough. AMIRITE?

  12. #112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I am a Jets fan, Sir. My arms are ****ing tired.
    is this standard high enough?


  13. #113
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    While I agree all fans even the SOJF variety have the right to celebrate they would do it by complaining about the D giving up a fg in a 30-3 Jet victory or say if the other team scored just 4 tds they would have won easily..
    You don't actually believe that, do you?

    If we won a Super Bowl, do you think I'd be complaining about HOW we won it?

    If you do Sav, I think you completely misunderstand me (and those who may be like me).

    I might say something weeks later, when discussing the NEXT post-Super Bowl Win season, but after the game, you think I'd complain?

    No my friend, no way.

  14. #114
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give a lot of credit to John Idzik on this. It's easy to just fire the head coach and go try to find "your guy." It's more challenging but much more admirable to watch a GM say, "We have a head coach who is 80% of what I want, and I'm going to work to help him correct the other 20% rather than dump him."

    You don't trade in a great car just because it needs some new spark plugs and a paint job. Rex doesn't need an overhaul, he needs to be guided and steered. No one needs to teach Rex football, they need to help him in the two areas he hasn't had a lot of experience - overall management/head coaching and offense. Clearly, Idzik thinks Rex can come along and be a great head coach. Idzik wouldn't keep Rex if he didn't think Rex can improve and take advice from upper management.

  15. #115
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Give a lot of credit to John Idzik on this. It's easy to just fire the head coach and go try to find "your guy." It's more challenging but much more admirable to watch a GM say, "We have a head coach who is 80% of what I want, and I'm going to work to help him correct the other 20% rather than dump him."

    You don't trade in a great car just because it needs some new spark plugs and a paint job. Rex doesn't need an overhaul, he needs to be guided and steered. No one needs to teach Rex football, they need to help him in the two areas he hasn't had a lot of experience - overall management/head coaching and offense. Clearly, Idzik thinks Rex can come along and be a great head coach. Idzik wouldn't keep Rex if he didn't think Rex can improve and take advice from upper management.
    And to not be so enamored with himself that he can't say, I had a great relationship and working arrangement with Rex, he did a good job, he's the best man for the job. Even if he didn't hire him and to be so pigheaded that he's going to put a different coach in so that he gets all the credit for the hire. Follows the easy script that others use with ought thought.

    Good stuff by Idzik, says a lot about the man.

    Some great posts in this thread

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Kind of like complaining about our HOF RB not being good enough. AMIRITE?
    Do you think I would complain about him if he played well in big playoff games?? Would I complain if his fumble didn't cost us Vinny in 1999?? Would I complain if Jet fans didn't say his 3.5 ypc was a good year when other Jet players suck when they do the same thing? He's not OUR HOF RB he was drafted by the Pats. A player doesn't go in the HOF as a team but as himself in Cumars case as a good compiler who was lucky to have his old college coach as his OC and a brain dead HC that let him do what he wanted..

  17. #117
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,713
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Agree to disagree on Scott and Leonard. I think he played them for far too long. I'd say the only thing he ticked me off with this year was putting in Reed for Allen. Kinda makes it seem like "I don't care what you did prior or how much you have improved, I will put in a washed up MY guy over you in a heartbeat".

    For the record I am a 100% on board with bring Rex back and have been a big fan. I think that that decision did put me on the fence about him during the season. He still can improve, but can't we all.
    He absolutely did not wait too long on either Scott or Leonhard.

  18. #118
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Do you think I would complain about him if he played well in big playoff games?? Would I complain if his fumble didn't cost us Vinny in 1999?? Would I complain if Jet fans didn't say his 3.5 ypc was a good year when other Jet players suck when they do the same thing? He's not OUR HOF RB he was drafted by the Pats. A player doesn't go in the HOF as a team but as himself in Cumars case as a good compiler who was lucky to have his old college coach as his OC and a brain dead HC that let him do what he wanted..
    I'm convinced that at some point Curtis broke into your house and raped you.

  19. #119
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You don't actually believe that, do you?

    If we won a Super Bowl, do you think I'd be complaining about HOW we won it?

    If you do Sav, I think you completely misunderstand me (and those who may be like me).

    I might say something weeks later, when discussing the NEXT post-Super Bowl Win season, but after the game, you think I'd complain?

    No my friend, no way.
    If by being objective which means being free of any bias how could one be a fan?? Don't most fans have a bias for teams that they like?? I'm not taking about having a opinion like wanting better offense I do too.. But even you were saying the Jets kept Rex only because he won the last 2 games?? Forget both Idzik and Woody said that wasn't the case you still believe it based on what?? Your negativity when it comes to the Jets? And in that case you do have a bias after all..

  20. #120
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm convinced that at some point Curtis broke into your house and raped you.
    I explained it before but so many are brain dead when it comes to Martin.. Was 7 tds avg a year as a jet and 4 ypc so mind blowing great that no one else could compare?? He's not a Saint I just don't get the adoration for him maybe it's you that wants some Martin loving??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us