Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 80

Thread: Peter King on Rex Ryan

  1. #41
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    It's fair to say the Jets had the worst collection of offensive skill players but when will Jets fans stop making this excuse? Is it when Geno plays better and Jets start making playoffs again?
    You agree that it is a problem, yet you call it an excuse?

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I agree with this. But I gotta ask -- it sounds like you think it was just an "excuse" THIS season? You would admit, wouldn't you, that the Jets "talent" on the offensive side of the ball was abysmal (?) Vince Lombardi couldn't get 9-7 out of this bunch. What the Jets accomplished this season with a bunch of scrubs should be applauded.
    Offensive talent will go wasted if its not developed properly, there's only so many gifted atheletes out there who can overcome poor coaching, schemes and development. Sure the Jets offensive roster looked like scrubs to us because they weren't performing. But how many other teams develop scrubs to be become prominent players on their squads.

    For every Megatron or AP out there there are guys who are unhearlded who get developed into bigtime players - some examples Victor Cruz, Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead , Marques Colston and before you go on to say well they're only good because of their QB's - then how about guys like Cecil Shorts, Jordan Cameron there's many more out there as well.

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's fine, this wasn't just addressed to you, I can already see the threads and posts from the known Rex haters on here, already flooding the board with their demands...
    And likewise the Rex apologists gloating in their "victory" of having Rex back and standing behind all the tired excuses - no talent, bad QB, bad GM , or better yet ESPN said we would suck - so that means mediocrity is lauded as overachieving. Listen we're all huge Jet fans or we wouldn't be spending this much time posting on a fan forum Like Warf said we'll never as a collective fanbase agree on all aspects of the team , and because fans don't agree with you doesn't make you right or them right in reality its probably somwhere in the middle.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    i actually don't think the Jets had 'horrible' talent on offense - they just lacked elite talent.

    QB - bring in a vet to compete/back up & draft a mid round prospect to take over for Simms
    RB - bring back Goodson. I'd also take a mid round flier on an RB
    WR - our #1 need. Sign one of the big 5 FAs, and spend a high draft pick on a guy. I want two new starters. Kerley, Nelson, and Hill add depth
    TE - Cumberland's a #2 and Winslow won't be back. The market after Graham is thin. Pitta/Dickson from Balt or taking a flier on Fred Davis is a possibility? I wouldn't be shocked if a high draft pick was used on a TE
    OL - Rex loves Colon and Colon loves Rex so I think he's coming back. I'd still bring in an OG to compete. Winters has a lot of work to do improving his pass blocking. It's crucial to resign Howard.

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And likewise the Rex apologists gloating in their "victory" of having Rex back and standing behind all the tired excuses - no talent, bad QB, bad GM , or better yet ESPN said we would suck - so that means mediocrity is lauded as overachieving. Listen we're all huge Jet fans or we wouldn't be spending this much time posting on a fan forum Like Warf said we'll never as a collective fanbase agree on all aspects of the team , and because fans don't agree with you doesn't make you right or them right in reality its probably somwhere in the middle.
    image.jpg stop crying and try to accept reality

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    image.jpg stop crying and try to accept reality
    You know you really add so much to a discussion on Jet football, why don't you grow up and respect that people will have different opinions then you .

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    You know you really add so much to a discussion on Jet football, why don't you grow up and respect that people will have different opinions then you .
    Even though they are opinions, it comes to a point where an opinion is stupid... Message boards are good places to point out when an opinion is stupid. And yes, we are almost all Jets fans here but some of those Jets fans have some warped view of reality.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's great that we on this site have differing opinions on all sorts of things and are not afraid to voice them but bringing up the quotes from 'experts' that are riduculed all day the whole season if they have a bad thing to say about the jets then posting them as a beacon to help ones side of a discussion is getting painful. Quick someone post an article by Cimini or Francesca saying rex was the obvious choice to validate ones arguement!

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The Jets keeping Rex Ryan. What option did they have, really? They had the worst collection of offensive skill players outside of Jacksonville (and maybe worse), and somehow they finished 8-8. Woody Johnson would have been ridiculed, and rightfully so, if he and John Idzik had cut ties with Ryan.
    Funny, before the season started everything was cool, roster was good enough to make the playoffs yada yada yada. Suddenly it would have been ok to go 0-16 because of our terrible roster. Here come the excuses..Thought building a decent roster is also part of being a HC. Guess not. The only thing you need to do as a HC is being given the best team in football and then make the playoffs. Not sure if you need a HC in that case..

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Funny, before the season started everything was cool, roster was good enough to make the playoffs yada yada yada. Suddenly it would have been ok to go 0-16 because of our terrible roster. Here come the excuses..Thought building a decent roster is also part of being a HC. Guess not. The only thing you need to do as a HC is being given the best team in football and then make the playoffs. Not sure if you need a HC in that case..
    NO ONE other than a few fans thought this team would have 9 wins. EVERY expert had us in 3rd place or worse, from 3 wins to 6 wins. THEN Holmes went down, Kerley went down, RB injuries, rookie QB etc.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Just to be clear, given our wealth of cap space and picks, the "we have no talent on O" excuse will NOT be valid next year, will it?

    If we have no talent on O, again, in 2014, is that not a decisive criticism of Rex Ryan and Idzik, given that EVERYONE says we're talentless on O today, now?

    Just want to know now, because it seems like some excuses live on year after year after year. I don;t see how this one can be valid in 2014 tbh, given how mcuh room to move we have now.
    Why are you so worried about what potential excuses rex will have next year? How about lets worry about how the team is going to improve the roster instead

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    NO ONE other than a few fans thought this team would have 9 wins. EVERY expert had us in 3rd place or worse, from 3 wins to 6 wins. THEN Holmes went down, Kerley went down, RB injuries, rookie QB etc.
    I remember everybody in here talking about us making it to the superbowl before Geno started to faceplant somewhere in the middle of the season. Suddenly everyone knew we'd be the worst team in the league. Go figure.

    Also LOL @ those sorry excuses. Holmes went down? How does that make us worse? He sucks, he's terrible. Whether he plays or not makes no difference. Kerley went down, wow, a backup receiver. RB injuries, give me a break...

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    It's fair to say the Jets had the worst collection of offensive skill players but when will Jets fans stop making this excuse? Is it when Geno plays better and Jets start making playoffs again?
    GFY Pats Troll

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    You know you really add so much to a discussion on Jet football, why don't you grow up and respect that people will have different opinions then you .
    Lol ohh please let me know when u start discussing " jet football" and not nonstop throwing condescending jabs at jets HC.. Decision has been made, Rex is staying.. Accept it and hope your deep hate for Rex and opinion is wrong.. That is ofcourse you will still be rooting for the jets.. Which means you have to root for Rex Ryan.. Can you handle that?

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    image.jpg stop crying and try to accept reality
    Ooooh look!

    An advertisement to visit ClipartOf.com

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    BINGO!

    And what was the Jaguars record?

    No one did more with less than Rex Ryan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Stop with the BS about how the Jets talent is an excuse for Rex, that is just your anti-Rex agenda shining through, it wasn't an excuse, it was fact, and Rex did a great job with the team he had.

    Next year will be a different playing field, this goes without saying, but the Rex haters have to get it off their chest and flood the board with their bull**** already about how next year better be this, playoffs or bust, and are already putting up number of games into next year to that Rex and team have to show something.

    How about just back, enjoy the off-season, let's follow what the team is in a great position to do this coming off-season, and that is reload the roster.
    Agree 1000%.

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No excuses after this "reload" of FAs and draft picks. 2nd GM, we all agree he now has a decent OC. It's on Rex now. Some of us have put it on him for a couple of years now but anybody that denies it now loses credibility.
    Your anti-Rex/jets agenda continues. Pathetic.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And likewise the Rex apologists gloating in their "victory" of having Rex back and standing behind all the tired excuses - no talent, bad QB, bad GM , or better yet ESPN said we would suck - so that means mediocrity is lauded as overachieving. Listen we're all huge Jet fans or we wouldn't be spending this much time posting on a fan forum Like Warf said we'll never as a collective fanbase agree on all aspects of the team , and because fans don't agree with you doesn't make you right or them right in reality its probably somwhere in the middle.
    So then take your own advice and shut the hell up

    There is no such thing as a Rex apologist or the tired excuses, there is none. I'm a fan of the Jets, and Rex has been good for the Jets, especially this past year. The problem is with know-it-alls like you, you don't understand that there will be ups and downs no matter who is the coach or GM of the team, our team is not going to win a championship every year, and because we don't doesn't mean we need to blow things up every other year or 3 years. We DO need to know that the team is under a competent regime with the aptitude and know-how of getting us where we want the team to go as fans, and so far Rex has been one game short of the big game twice of his 5 years, and he has endured a down period where the roster built for him hasn't been of championship caliber or potential, but it is overwhelmingly apparent that Rex got the most out of what he had this past year, and the qualities he does bring to the table suggests he has the ability to get the team back to playoff status with the potential to get to a SB. Until he no longer offers this as a coach, and when the team he is coaching isn't buying his program, and Rex loses the team, then it's time to start talking about change, but that time isn't now, and doesn't figure to be any time soon.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So then take your own advice and shut the hell up

    There is no such thing as a Rex apologist or the tired excuses, there is none. I'm a fan of the Jets, and Rex has been good for the Jets, especially this past year. The problem is with know-it-alls like you, you don't understand that there will be ups and downs no matter who is the coach or GM of the team, our team is not going to win a championship every year, and because we don't doesn't mean we need to blow things up every other year or 3 years. We DO need to know that the team is under a competent regime with the aptitude and know-how of getting us where we want the team to go as fans, and so far Rex has been one game short of the big game twice of his 5 years, and he has endured a down period where the roster built for him hasn't been of championship caliber or potential, but it is overwhelmingly apparent that Rex got the most out of what he had this past year, and the qualities he does bring to the table suggests he has the ability to get the team back to playoff status with the potential to get to a SB. Until he no longer offers this as a coach, and when the team he is coaching isn't buying his program, and Rex loses the team, then it's time to start talking about change, but that time isn't now, and doesn't figure to be any time soon.
    Should be quoted a hundred times..

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Rex and every coach in this league will fail unless they don't get the QB...

    John Fox isn't some brilliant mind, he's a solid coach in the mold of Andy Reid or Fisher. Give any one of those guys Peyton Manning or Brady and they are going to win super bowls. Rex is in the same boat.

    It sucks to view the NFL that way, but that's the way it is. Rex is a good coach but the only way he's going to win a super bowl is Geno playing extremely well. And if they win, it's not going to be because Rex has become a better coach or something else more complicated, it will be because Geno got better.
    That is why they pay the QBs the big bucks.....

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So then take your own advice and shut the hell up

    There is no such thing as a Rex apologist or the tired excuses, there is none. I'm a fan of the Jets, and Rex has been good for the Jets, especially this past year. The problem is with know-it-alls like you, you don't understand that there will be ups and downs no matter who is the coach or GM of the team, our team is not going to win a championship every year, and because we don't doesn't mean we need to blow things up every other year or 3 years. We DO need to know that the team is under a competent regime with the aptitude and know-how of getting us where we want the team to go as fans, and so far Rex has been one game short of the big game twice of his 5 years, and he has endured a down period where the roster built for him hasn't been of championship caliber or potential, but it is overwhelmingly apparent that Rex got the most out of what he had this past year, and the qualities he does bring to the table suggests he has the ability to get the team back to playoff status with the potential to get to a SB. Until he no longer offers this as a coach, and when the team he is coaching isn't buying his program, and Rex loses the team, then it's time to start talking about change, but that time isn't now, and doesn't figure to be any time soon.
    As usual, your posts are spectacular. Well-said.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us