Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Schiano Fired - Revis draft pick in jeopardy...(merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    Actually 5th in the third round. They move up a pick every round because they are tied with others at 4-12.
    Damn, even worse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    still think revis sticks there, but for less money. if he looks to FA he's gonna find a different market for cbs, especially after the year he had.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    4 years, 40 million. Straight up, fully guaranteed. Would you do that?
    How convenient for you to put away the snark when discussing hypothetical on a discussion board.

Untitled.jpg

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bucs are currently $10M under the cap for 2014 (assuming basically flat cap for 2014), they also get an extra $7M from this years cap. They don't have any major free agents, unless they make a bunch of FA signings, I'm not sure there's a real need for them to cut Revis and his salary. Cutting a guy just because he makes a lot is bad business. First of all, they'd need to replace him with a #1 DB who would sign a contract that's cheaper ($8m - $10m / year vs. $16M) but far less flexible. Part of the beauty of the Revis contract is that they don't take any cap hit when dumping him.

THey could dump him, depending on how FA goes, but I don't think they'll be huge players this year, and to get to $35M under the cap seems like change for change sake.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they cut one of the best CB's in the league then I bet Idzik goes after him with a 3 year $45m deal, we have the cap room once we release Cro, Sanchez and Holmes. Then your basically paying Revis $15m a year which is more than we were willing last year. What a steal that would be, 1 year for a 1st round pick? LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I could absolutely see them cutting him with a wink and a nod to then re-sign him to a contract with more up front guaranteed money.

Regardless, I sense Revis' plan was to take a chance to perform well this year, then hold out for guaranteed money.

Regardless of whether they cut him or he demands a new contract with guarantees, no way in hell I see Revis playing another season with non-guaranteed money.
    This is the only way Revis will be cut. There is no way TB is cutting ties with him after 1 year. They have the cap room and he will now be back at 100%. And JMO, but with a new GM, there is less of a chance to have a wink and a nod deal when there is no prior dealings with Revis. I wouldn't be surprised if Feinsod/Schwartz and Dominik had some type of general parameters of a long term restructured deal with real guaranteed money if, and when, Revis showed he was healthy and effective (which he more or less did).

So, I'm sure the new guy will enter into discussions with FeinsodSchwartz to redo his deal to make it team friendlier and give him a nice chunk of money upfront.

My guess - this was always going to be a 4th rounder coming back to the Jets, ala Vilma.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bucs are currently $10M under the cap for 2014 (assuming basically flat cap for 2014), they also get an extra $7M from this years cap. They don't have any major free agents, unless they make a bunch of FA signings, I'm not sure there's a real need for them to cut Revis and his salary. Cutting a guy just because he makes a lot is bad business. First of all, they'd need to replace him with a #1 DB who would sign a contract that's cheaper ($8m - $10m / year vs. $16M) but far less flexible. Part of the beauty of the Revis contract is that they don't take any cap hit when dumping him.

THey could dump him, depending on how FA goes, but I don't think they'll be huge players this year, and to get to $35M under the cap seems like change for change sake.
    These are good points. But remember, the new GM is not obligated to keep any of these players, since he didn't sign or draft them.

I think after the new GM hires his HC, they will take a look at their roster and see who should stay/go based on the new system they want to implement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Not gonna happen but I would love to see it. I have to imagine there's just too much bad blood at this point. If Revis was going to play for $10mm there will likely be a lot of suitors and he's not going to pick the Jets...Although, Rex's system is ideal for him. He'll be Revis island again and he has a huge ego.

Unlikely but we can be hopeful.
    If the money was the same I bet he would love to play man to man for Rex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Their 4th is still a good pick. Sign Revis here for $8M next year and let Cro go if still injured.
    It would be sorta hiarious if we got Richardson and a fourth for renting Revis out for a year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    How convenient for you to put away the snark when discussing hypothetical on a discussion board.

Untitled.jpg
    LMAO, busted again.

This condescending tool is a clown.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, it doesn't hurt that the Bucs don't have alot of holes to fill. So it's not like they could use the money they gave to Revis elsewhere. Honestly I think they might just need a QB and a HC, and they can make a very quick turnaround.

Maybe we'll get that 3rd rounder after all. Still expecting the worst though lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Good to know you're following my posts so closely. I'll have fresh material for you ASAP.
    After 17K stale posts I doubt it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign the beast!!!!!!!!!! 🍻🍻🍻🍻

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    After 17K stale posts I doubt it
    If only I had 5,928 posts like yours.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    Wait someone refresh my memory, how does this hurt the Jets?
    If Greedevis is on Tampa's roster by a certain date (can't remember the exact date) we get 3rd round pick (pick 3.05 to be exact). If Greedevis is not on the roster on that date we get Tampa's 4th round pick (pick 4.04 to be exact). (31 pick difference)

That said, a new GM would have to be insane to pay Greedevis $16 million and take up such a gargantuan proportion of the cap for a cornerback (in a primarily zone system). Even with the expected cap increase. If I were the Bucs new GM, I'd try to work a long-term deal with lots of guaranteed money but at a much lower cost. Maybe we still get that high 3rd rounder if he can work a deal with Greedevis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Schiano Fired - Revis draft pick in jeopardy...(merged)

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post

Untitled.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LMAO, busted again.

This condescending tool is a clown.
    LOL, you obsessive tools. I was asking him if he would do that. Not suggesting I would go for it. Either way it is probably moot. I think he and Woody's relationship went sour a long time ago. Which is where the bridge comes into play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    If Greedevis is on Tampa's roster by a certain date (can't remember the exact date) we get 3rd round pick (pick 3.05 to be exact). If Greedevis is not on the roster on that date we get Tampa's 4th round pick (pick 4.04 to be exact). (31 pick difference)

That said, a new GM would have to be insane to pay Greedevis $16 million and take up such a gargantuan proportion of the cap for a cornerback (in a primarily zone system). Even with the expected cap increase. If I were the Bucs new GM, I'd try to work a long-term deal with lots of guaranteed money but at a much lower cost. Maybe we still get that high 3rd rounder if he can work a deal with Greedevis.
    If Revis is on the roster on the 3rd day of the new league year the Jets get a 3rd round pick. The league year starts on March 11th, so if Revis is still a Buc on March 13th, the Jets get the 3rd round pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea for vet minimum!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If Revis is on the roster on the 3rd day of the new league year the Jets get a 3rd round pick. The league year starts on March 11th, so if Revis is still a Buc on March 13th, the Jets get the 3rd round pick.
    I wonder if they will pull the same thing the Saints did with Vilma?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way Revis comes back to the team who just traded him. Wont be suprised if he ends up in Miami.