Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Tickets - Would you buy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Playoff Tickets - Would you buy?

As a STH, I have viewed potential playoff tickets as a benefit. Even if I couldn't go for some reason, I figured to be able to resell them at no loss.

Now, I am reading that they are having trouble selling out in Green Bay and Indy.

Thoughts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if we're ever good enough to get a home playoff again there's zero chance I wont be in the building. I'm there for every other game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if we had a home playoff game would we be there?

I would absolutely be there. There wouldn't be an empty seat in the house.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonder how much playoff tix go for nowadays? we haven't had a home playoff game in like 10yrs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time the Jets hosted a playoff game was 2002 vs the Colts. It wasn't sold out by STH because the due date was right after the loss to the Bears and it appeared the Jets were essentially done.

This time around, with eDelivery of tickets, I don't think you have to worry about sending in money for nothing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The last time the Jets hosted a playoff game was 2002 vs the Colts. It wasn't sold out by STH because the due date was right after the loss to the Bears and it appeared the Jets were essentially done.

This time around, with eDelivery of tickets, I don't think you have to worry about sending in money for nothing.
    Chad led the jets in a route over peyton and the colts. The future was so bright.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    But to the OP, why on earth would you be a season ticket holder and NOT buy the playoff tickets? I don't understand the mentality. It's basically one of the ONLY perks of being a STH in the first place.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to do this here, and more, whatever the cost. Only takes 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

Are you asking if we had a home playoff game would we be there?

I would absolutely be there. There wouldn't be an empty seat in the house.
    I wasn't a STH the last time the Jets hosted a playoff game. As a result, I have no idea what tix would cost.

Given the problems other teams are having, I suspect cost is a big factor. Coming up with an extra $300-$1000 for tickets at Christmas time would be tough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figure Woody would want $150+ per ticket (Lower Bowl) + $50 parking per game. For me, one game would equal $350+.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I figure Woody would want $150+ per ticket (Lower Bowl) + $50 parking per game. For me, one game would equal $350+.
    More than that, $120 regular season. The one year there was a possible home playoff game I think they billed us $165 a pop?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    playoff ticket prices are determined by the NFL, not the home teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pats have some of the highest prices in the NFL, but the playoff prices are not much higher:

Playoff pricing is set by the NFL. The individual ticket prices for the AFC Divisional Playoff Game are $198 (100 Level Sideline), $150 (100 Level Corner/End Zone), $150 (200 Level), $115 (300 Level Sideline/End Zone Rows 1-7) and $85 (300 Level Corner/End Zones Rows 8 and higher).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course I would, especially for the fact that it is not every year we get to host a playoff game. Heck, it's been 12 years.

I wouldn't understand any season ticket holder who wouldn't purchase them, unless that ticket holder was a broker or one who had them to try and turn a profit. Even then, it's the playoffs. They would sell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That GB game then Colts home playoff game was the best time of my Jets fandom

Happy new year!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been to a home playoff game, but have traveled to several road playoff games and its always been a blast. Colts WC game in Indy in 2010 was awesome experience. Losing in Pitt two weeks later -- not so much, but I am still happy to have gone. If they get to host a home playoff game in the next few years, I would love to scrounge a couple of tickets on stubhub and find may way back home for a weekend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Of course I would, especially for the fact that it is not every year we get to host a playoff game. Heck, it's been 12 years.

I wouldn't understand any season ticket holder who wouldn't purchase them, unless that ticket holder was a broker or one who had them to try and turn a profit. Even then, it's the playoffs. They would sell.
    Part of the problem may be expectations. They have had lots of home playoff games in GB and expect many more to come. If I had bad seats, I might save my money and stay out of the GB cold.

If the Jets make the playoffs, I will buy my seats. Hopefully, we do it enough that I get tired of going.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has this happened before where teams have had trouble selling out playoff games? I know the economy is still shaky but I would think playoff games would sell out. Especially in Indy and Green Bay.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Has this happened before where teams have had trouble selling out playoff games? I know the economy is still shaky but I would think playoff games would sell out. Especially in Indy and Green Bay.
    I know that I had no trouble getting tickets to the Jets-Colts WC game in '10. I am pretty sure they sold out, and I would think these will eventually sell out, especially as Chief fans might decide to make the trip -- especially since its not a bad drive from MO. Green Bay surprises me, they have a great fan base and I would think they would want to be there to avenge the loss to the Niners in last years championship game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I know that I had no trouble getting tickets to the Jets-Colts WC game in '10. I am pretty sure they sold out, and I would think these will eventually sell out, especially as Chief fans might decide to make the trip -- especially since its not a bad drive from MO. Green Bay surprises me, they have a great fan base and I would think they would want to be there to avenge the loss to the Niners in last years championship game.
    Think what happened was that the team asked folks to buy tickets early and people didn't think they would make it so they bailed. They opened it up last minute and season ticket holders took lots of tickets but not all. It will be sold out.