Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff Tickets - Would you buy?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Think what happened was that the team asked folks to buy tickets early and people didn't think they would make it so they bailed. They opened it up last minute and season ticket holders took lots of tickets but not all. It will be sold out.
    That makes sense. Thanks

All Pro
    DUMP

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Good thing you guys don't have to worry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ouch.

Doosh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Think what happened was that the team asked folks to buy tickets early and people didn't think they would make it so they bailed. They opened it up last minute and season ticket holders took lots of tickets but not all. It will be sold out.
    I believe this is correct. The playoff invoices were due when it still wasn't clear these teams would make the playoffs. People hedged on the pessimistic side. Also the fact that the invoices reflect 3 home playoff games to pay for and the money is due before Christmas. Big nut to pay for at that time of year for alot of people.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 01-01-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    How much did it cost to watch the Jets knock the #1 seed Pats out of the playoffs in 2011?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    How much did it cost to watch the Jets knock the #1 seed Pats out of the playoffs in 2011?
    Again, the cost of a home playoff game is of no concern to Jets fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

TappaLappinAndClappin'WhileFappin' via Tapatalk

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

TappaLappinAndClappin'WhileFappin' via Tapatalk
    consider my nerve untouched.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Chad led the jets in a route over peyton and the colts. The future was so bright.
    Pounded the Colts...something in the neighborhood of 42-6. Santana Moss had a great TD keeping both feet in. Great game

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    wonder how much playoff tix go for nowadays? we haven't had a home playoff game in like 10yrs.
    So youre full of sh1t that youre a STH then?

Whenever we're in playoff contention weeks before the season ends the playoff ticket orders are taken.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    Pounded the Colts...something in the neighborhood of 42-6. Santana Moss had a great TD keeping both feet in. Great game
    41-0, complete blowout.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I figure Woody would want $150+ per ticket (Lower Bowl) + $50 parking per game. For me, one game would equal $350+.
    Woody has nothing to do with the pricing of playoff tickets.

The prices are set by the NFL not the owners.

So, theres another thing we can stop blaming on our owner

Hall Of Fame
    LOLGFY

All League
    I went to Foxboro. Bought tickets off stubhub for $5 over face on the day of the game. About $120.

As a STH, I have viewed potential playoff tickets as a benefit. Even if I couldn't go for some reason, I figured to be able to resell them at no loss.

Now, I am reading that they are having trouble selling out in Green Bay and Indy.

Thoughts?
    I flipped a pair of Packer playoff tickets and while I made a profit it was very small and I had 5th row lower level seats on the aisle. I was stunned not only at the small profit but that I could get tickets like that so easily.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Part of the problem may be expectations. They have had lots of home playoff games in GB and expect many more to come. If I had bad seats, I might save my money and stay out of the GB cold.
    Bingo.

The Yankees couldn't sell first round playoff tickets in 2012, played to an empty stadium in many sections. After many years of success the GB fanbase has higher expectations, a home playoff wildcard game not so exciting.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Bingo.

The Yankees couldn't sell first round playoff tickets in 2012, played to an empty stadium in many sections. After many years of success the GB fanbase has higher expectations, a home playoff wildcard game not so exciting.

SAR I

It's ridiculous to compare Green Bay to NY and only compounded by trying to compare MLB to the NFL.

This will be the 10th playoff home game for the Packers since 1995. There is no playoff burn out.

The Yankees have probably played about what? Would you estimate about 80 home playoff games in that time span? (I'll let you go back and count them all up...)

Regardless, the actual reason the game was not sold out on Tuesday (I assume it is now), is that the deadline to submit payment came near the tail end of that 5 game losing streak when it looked like they and Aaron Rodgers were done.

Sort of like the Jets fans in in 2002...

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It's ridiculous to compare Green Bay to NY and only compounded by trying to compare MLB to the NFL.

This will be the 10th playoff home game for the Packers since 1995. There is no playoff burn out.

The Yankees have probably played about what? Would you estimate about 80 home playoff games in that time span? (I'll let you go back and count them all up...)

Regardless, the actual reason the game was not sold out on Tuesday (I assume it is now), is that the deadline to submit payment came near the tail end of that 5 game losing streak when it looked like they and Aaron Rodgers were done.

Sort of like the Jets fans in in 2002...

I buy and sell tickets as a side gig and do a lot throughout the country. I stick to mostly concerts these days. I had Giants playoff tickets in 2011 for their home playoff game and barely made any profit. Tickets were going for very cheap for the game. For some reason wildcard games anywhere don't have the hype. Only teams to make big bucks are Broncos, Panthers and Seahawks.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

It will be our concern & pleasure to Host the home playoff games next year.& end the Patsie's season earlier then they are used to!