Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: We all know it but is Snacks even better than we think

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    We all know it but is Snacks even better than we think

    He dominated "all world" Pouncey sunday and then I ran across this

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ons-week-17-2/

    I mean the best in 6 Years! what a find and a huge accomplishment by the scouts and coaches on this one!

    he is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!


    I think all of us here adore him but the guy might actually be even better than we think...

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker4TE View Post
    He dominated "all world" Pouncey sunday and then I ran across this

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ons-week-17-2/

    I mean the best in 6 Years! what a find and a huge accomplishment by the scouts and coaches on this one!

    he is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!


    I think all of us here adore him but the guy might actually be even better than we think...
    I thought rating the first round picks was even better look at Sheldon Richardson he's a lock for DROY..
    13. Sheldon Richardson, DE, New York Jets

    Grade: +30.4

    Snaps: 906

    Analysis: When we announce our Rookie of the Year next week expect Richardson, who has led our Race for Rookie of the Year all season, to feature prominently. He’s ended the year our fifth ranked 3-4 defensive end and only J.J. Watt has a better run defense grade than the man from Missouri. Still Jets fans might expect a leap from him next year rushing the passer where he was something of a non-factor relative to how much he was on the field.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was just reading that ....man if Dee clicks and Demario can be solid we are stacking up to be a very serious D for the next 5-8 years if we can sign them all and stay healthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I thought rating the first round picks was even better look at Sheldon Richardson he's a lock for DROY..
    13. Sheldon Richardson, DE, New York Jets

    Grade: +30.4

    Snaps: 906

    Analysis: When we announce our Rookie of the Year next week expect Richardson, who has led our Race for Rookie of the Year all season, to feature prominently. He’s ended the year our fifth ranked 3-4 defensive end and only J.J. Watt has a better run defense grade than the man from Missouri. Still Jets fans might expect a leap from him next year rushing the passer where he was something of a non-factor relative to how much he was on the field.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I thought rating the first round picks was even better look at Sheldon Richardson he's a lock for DROY..
    13. Sheldon Richardson, DE, New York Jets

    Grade: +30.4

    Snaps: 906

    Analysis: When we announce our Rookie of the Year next week expect Richardson, who has led our Race for Rookie of the Year all season, to feature prominently. He’s ended the year our fifth ranked 3-4 defensive end and only J.J. Watt has a better run defense grade than the man from Missouri. Still Jets fans might expect a leap from him next year rushing the passer where he was something of a non-factor relative to how much he was on the field.
    This is why we need to keep Dunbar....he will unleash the beast in him like he did for Mo....

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do we keep all these guys? Who do we keep? If I had to rank our DLinemen in order of importance...

    1. Richardson
    2. Snacks
    3. Wilkerson
    4. Coples

    I think we have to figure out Coples in terms of his position and worth. I could easily see him getting lost in the mix, getting let go somehow, and turning into a monster for another team.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    How do we keep all these guys? Who do we keep? If I had to rank our DLinemen in order of importance...

    1. Richardson
    2. Snacks
    3. Wilkerson
    4. Coples

    I think we have to figure out Coples in terms of his position and worth. I could easily see him getting lost in the mix, getting let go somehow, and turning into a monster for another team.
    You gotta keep Q he's the funniest guy in that group..

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why we're keeping Rex. He is great at developing front 7 defensive players esp linemen.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Douzable is a FA this year and I heard in an interview that he'll be looking for a payday. I wonder if Idzik will keep him.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man I can't remember a d line that young and talented. Ever. Mo, rich, snacks, Ellis..they all dominate and they're all like 23-25 yrs old

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I rewatched the Fins, I was in awe of how much Harrison dominated. Richardson was ok and Wilk had one of his few down games, but Snacks dominated almost every play.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    How do we keep all these guys? Who do we keep? If I had to rank our DLinemen in order of importance...

    1. Richardson
    2. Snacks
    3. Wilkerson
    4. Coples

    I think we have to figure out Coples in terms of his position and worth. I could easily see him getting lost in the mix, getting let go somehow, and turning into a monster for another team.
    My guess is that Q will be a lot better next year. Richardson had a better rookie year than Mo, but is also two years older than Mo was as a rookie.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    We seemed to have corned the market for 300+ pound beasts. Time to start finding those 260 pound beasts.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I thought rating the first round picks was even better look at Sheldon Richardson he's a lock for DROY..
    13. Sheldon Richardson, DE, New York Jets

    Grade: +30.4

    Snaps: 906

    Analysis: When we announce our Rookie of the Year next week expect Richardson, who has led our Race for Rookie of the Year all season, to feature prominently. Hes ended the year our fifth ranked 3-4 defensive end and only J.J. Watt has a better run defense grade than the man from Missouri. Still Jets fans might expect a leap from him next year rushing the passer where he was something of a non-factor relative to how much he was on the field.
    Kiko Alonso is going to win droy.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We seemed to have corned the market for 300+ pound beasts. Time to start finding those 260 pound beasts.
    it's a process...

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Snacks. I'm so happy we found him. He disrupts the middle and forces the guards to play down opening up the rest of the points of attack at the LOS. He has a great attitude, and is an emerging leader on this team.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should extend Snacks this season, even though we don't need to. The guy is basically making the minimum, we can give him a 5 year $15 million with some incentives that he would be insane to turn down, and it would lock him up at a very team friendly price.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Douzable is a FA this year and I heard in an interview that he'll be looking for a payday. I wonder if Idzik will keep him.
    Douzable is pretty good.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Douzable is pretty good.
    Except on special teams where TWICE this year he friggin went off sides on a kick giving the other team a 1st down. Douaable has kicked around the league alot if he wants too much see ya later.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    We should extend Snacks this season, even though we don't need to. The guy is basically making the minimum, we can give him a 5 year $15 million with some incentives that he would be insane to turn down, and it would lock him up at a very team friendly price.
    Harrison is signed through next season, and then is just a restricted free agent. The Jets' first priority will be giving Wilkerson his extension. Snacks can wait.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    Kiko Alonso is going to win droy.
    Not if you actually watch Bills games. He makes a ton of tackles, a lot of them 5-7 yards down the field. He has a bunch of lucky interceptions but gets constantly beat in the passing game. The Bills were 28th in the league against the run. How do you give an ILB any award if his team is 28th against the run and especially considering he had arguably one of the most talented pair of DT's in the NFL (Dareus, Kyle Williams) in front of him? Watch the film, don't believe the hype.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us