Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We all know it but is Snacks even better than we think

Bit Surprising but Great stat on Douzable:

Douzable was number one in terms of tackles, sacks & total pressure for all 3-4 DEs with less than 250 snaps on the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Except on special teams where TWICE this year he friggin went off sides on a kick giving the other team a 1st down. Douaable has kicked around the league alot if he wants too much see ya later.
    No excuse for those plays. But the guy is still a pretty good player. The Jets could probably start their backup DL and be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    Bit Surprising but Great stat on Douzable:

Douzable was number one in terms of tackles, sacks & total pressure for all 3-4 DEs with less than 250 snaps on the year.
    Just watch him. He's active as hell and fairly disruptive.

I'm sure the Jets want to keep him. Whether they can afford to or not is a different story.

Id like to see us use a good portion of our cap money on locking down our DL with higher roster bonuses than normal so we dont start mortgaging future cap money. Snacks is extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Man I can't remember a d line that young and talented. Ever. Mo, rich, snacks, Ellis..they all dominate and they're all like 23-25 yrs old
    It's crazy! And to think they are going to get even better being in their 2nd and 3rd years is mind-blowing.
    Now if the secondary can hold up their end of the deal it's gonna be very hard to score against the Jets.
    Can't wait to see what Idzik does with all these picks and cap room!

Hall Of Fame
    We will need to be concerned about how to pay all of these studs. Don't get me wrong, it is a good problem to have but it will be a problem.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    We should extend Snacks this season, even though we don't need to. The guy is basically making the minimum, we can give him a 5 year $15 million with some incentives that he would be insane to turn down, and it would lock him up at a very team friendly price.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Harrison is signed through next season, and then is just a restricted free agent. The Jets' first priority will be giving Wilkerson his extension. Snacks can wait.
    He is finishing his second year, right? Under the new CBA, he can't have his deal re-worked until after his 3rd year.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    He is finishing his second year, right? Under the new CBA, he can't have his deal re-worked until after his 3rd year.
    Is that correct even for an UDFA?

We all know it but is Snacks even better than we think

Yogi Berra is starting threads on the strip?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Harrison is signed through next season, and then is just a restricted free agent. The Jets' first priority will be giving Wilkerson his extension. Snacks can wait.
    We shouldn't be too giddy to extend Mo right away.. .THe guy is going to get around 11 mill a year. Whether we hit that 11 mill a year mark for next year's cap or the year after is the decision. Rookies get paid so little that it's a huge advantage to keep them at their small contracts as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    We shouldn't be too giddy to extend Mo right away.. .THe guy is going to get around 11 mill a year. Whether we hit that 11 mill a year mark for next year's cap or the year after is the decision. Rookies get paid so little that it's a huge advantage to keep them at their small contracts as long as possible.
    Most contracts are added to the end of the existing one. The only difference being that the bonus money will be paid next year instead of the year after. So the only difference will be the pro-rated bonus hitting the cap next year with his originial base salary. That's what I believe anyway, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    Most contracts are added to the end of the existing one. The only difference being that the bonus money will be paid next year instead of the year after. So the only difference will be the pro-rated bonus hitting the cap next year with his originial base salary. That's what I believe anyway, I could be wrong.
    Not sure that his salary is frozen but the value of his remaining year is worked in to the overall value of the contract.

Snacks will have to play one more season at an elite level before we sign him to a big deal. Plus we still have Ellis. We'll pay one of them, I don't think we can afford both. Wilk needs to be paid ASAP. The longer we wait the more money we'll have to pay...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Banus View Post
    It's crazy! And to think they are going to get even better being in their 2nd and 3rd years is mind-blowing.
    Now if the secondary can hold up their end of the deal it's gonna be very hard to score against the Jets.
    Can't wait to see what Idzik does with all these picks and cap room!
    I like our Dline. But can you really say they are anything but slightly above average? I saw two games the entire year where they truly dominated. Most of the year they couldn't generate any pass rush what soever. With all these "elite" players on the dline you would like to see some better consistent play. I know a lot had to do with how bad our secondary was at times, but I'm not really that impressed with their performance this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I like our Dline. But can you really say they are anything but slightly above average? I saw two games the entire year where they truly dominated. Most of the year they couldn't generate any pass rush what soever. With all these "elite" players on the dline you would like to see some better consistent play. I know a lot had to do with how bad our secondary was at times, but I'm not really that impressed with their performance this year.
    What are you even talking about. In the 3-4 it's the LBs job to go after the QB.