Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wilson is history

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Wilson is history

From overthecap.com

Great analysis:

Kyle Wilson should earn an escalator in his contract that increases his salary to slightly over $3 million which
    may be a bit steep for a player whose upside is nothing more than a nickel corner. The Jets could opt for
    a low cost extension or an outright release of the former first round pick. Nothing is guaranteed in his
    contract so they could wait things out with him since salary cap space would not appear to be tight.

http://overthecap.com/wp-content/upl...ial-Report.pdf

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if he just wasn't on the field but I can't recall him getting burned during the last 6 games.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I don't know if he just wasn't on the field but I can't recall him getting burned during the last 6 games.
    He wasn't and played pretty well.

He's just one of those guys on the team who could make the pro bowl and people here would want to cut while calling him a complete jag

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like I didn't really see him at all in December. Did he lose playing time or did he cover so well that teams stopped targeting him?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

He's just one of those guys on the team who could make the pro bowl and people here would want to cut while calling him a complete jag
    Yup. When your first round corner pans out to be an average nickel, the fans will not be happy regardless.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we will have to worry about Kyle Wilson making the Pro Bowl anytime soon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only three career INTs and 17 PDs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    I feel like I didn't really see him at all in December. Did he lose playing time or did he cover so well that teams stopped targeting him?
    He banged up a knee in the Dolphins game and wasn't on the field much -- only 8 snaps. Other than that he averaged about 30 snaps per game in December:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...time-breakdown

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

But he won't make the Pro Bowl and he is a complete JAG, so I'm good with the Jets cutting him if it saves valuable cap dollars. What would you prefer?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Only three career INTs and 17 PDs.
    To put that into context, Milliner had 3 INT's and 10 PD's in the last two weeks of the season alone.

Yet there are some who still swear up and down that Wilson isn't a bust.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    To put that into context, Milliner had 3 INT's and 10 PD's in the last two weeks of the season alone.

I still wouldn't call him a bust. He's not good but no one from the bottom third of that draft has really done much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Misleading thread title. Makes you think we already released him.

I think we are going to do exactly what Jason said. Hang on to him unless we need the cap room. Also see how things unfold in FA and the draft. Its obvious the Jets view him as nothing more than a 3rd or 4th CB which is disappointing considering he was a 1st rounder. No other way to slice it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I still wouldn't call him a bust. He's not good but no one from the bottom third of that draft has really done much.
    It's still pretty crazy when a rookie CB basically matches his 4 year production in a matter of two weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's still pretty crazy when a rookie CB basically matches his 4 year production in a matter of two weeks.
    No arguments there UT. I just don't think it's possible to have a real bust with the 30th overall pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, how true, how true.Played alot wasn't burned at all the last part of the year.Can't remember the guy missing a tackle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    LOL, how true, how true.Played alot wasn't burned at all the last part of the year.Can't remember the guy missing a tackle.
    Oy vey. Victo Cruz says hello and it was goodbye to the 2011 season. Honorable mention to Cro on that play too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

He isn't a bust. Nickel corner is a big deal in a passing league. Wilson has done a hell of a job.Did a good job last year, filling in for Revis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Oy vey. Victo Cruz says hello and it was goodbye to the 2011 season. Honorable mention to Cro on that play too.
    Oh please, stop it. Every corner gets burned. Including revis, Peterson, talib, etc, etc.Cromartie took a bad angle and whiffed, not wilson. Wilson is one of the best tacklers on the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has slightly improved over the yrs.. But surely did not live up to expectations.. He is a pretty decent nickelback, but nickelbacks don't make 3 mil as far as I know.. Cut him and try to resign him for 1 mil..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought he played well last year after the Revis injury.