Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Bucs cut Revis, do the Jets pursue him?

If the Bucs cut Revis, do the Jets pursue him?

There's no other way to put it: Antonio Cromartie was awful this year.

The Jets will save $9M in cap space by cutting him. If the Jets could bring back Revis for say $13M, would you do it? With the way Milliner came on late in the season, I'd be happy going into next season with the current front 7 and Milliner and Revis on the outside.

This would allow us to use our high draft picks to bring in some help for Geno.

If this were to happen, we would have essentially rented out Revis for one year to get Sheldon Richardson and a 4th rounder in return.

Would anyone else not be opposed to this?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post

The Jets will save $9M in cap space by cutting him. If the Jets could bring back Revis for say $13M, would you do it? With the way Milliner came on late in the season, I'd be happy going into next season with the current front 7 and Milliner and Revis on the outside.

If this were to happen, we would have essentially rented out Revis for one year to get Sheldon Richardson and a 4th rounder in return.

No one is going to give Revis 13 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post

Seems like he burned his bridges with Woody and the Jets organization (although Rex would take him back in a heartbeat). I don't see this happening.

No. He's an amazing player, but an ego maniac.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    No. He's an amazing player, but an ego maniac.
    And? The guy can play and would upgrade every D in the league. That is the bottom line, he's not a locker room killer in any way. If he doesn't make demands to bust the cap, I would take him in a heartbeat

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Yes,but no more then 11 mil. per.year.& no more then 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And? The guy can play and would upgrade every D in the league. That is the bottom line, he's not a locker room killer in any way. If he doesn't make demands to bust the cap, I would take him in a heartbeat
    After he screwed over the Jets? What makes you think he'll come back here? I think the bridge was burned.

Hall Of Fame
    For the billionth time, Woody will never sign off on acquiring a player represented by Schwartz and Feinsod. It is simply absurd that I have had to post this over and over again. It will not happen people.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No

Is our defense "elite"?

No, but it's certainly good enough to win with.

Our offense has ZERO playmakers.

If you told me we could have Decker or Maclin and an OL like Jon Asomoah...

Or Revis...

I'm taking the former.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-01-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    After he screwed over the Jets? What makes you think he'll come back here? I think the bridge was burned.
    How exactly did he screw over the Jets? Do you guys have memory malfunctions? He was under contract, coming off of an injury and was traded to get some much needed cap space. He screwed no one when he was traded

All Pro
    How many times must this be said on this board?

No way in ****ing hell will Idsik and Woody Johnson ever deal with the team of Revis, Schwartz and Feinsod ever again!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    For the billionth time, Woody will never sign off on acquiring a player represented by Schwartz and Feinsod. It is simply absurd that I have had to post this over and over again. It will not happen people.
    If you think the Jets would never acquire a player because of the agents you don't have a clue. You might pray you don't have to deal with them again but doesn't work that way. You think if a player they wanted was available that the Jets wouldn't draft that player???

And what do you do if a player on your roster cuts ties with his agent and moves to these two? Cut him immediately? Nonsense, you deal with the agent, its business not some pissing contest

Revis, and anyone represented by Revis' agents, will never play for the New York Jets ever again as long as Woody Johnson is the owner.

Hall Of Fame
    Teams avoid players in th draft based on their agents all the time. Add in the fact that it was clear as day on hard knocks that woody hates revises representation and there you have it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If you think the Jets would never acquire a player because of the agents you don't have a clue. You might pray you don't have to deal with them again but doesn't work that way. You think if a player they wanted was available that the Jets wouldn't draft that player???

And what do you do if a player on your roster cuts ties with his agent and moves to these two? Cut him immediately? Nonsense, you deal with the agent, its business not some pissing contest
    Huh?

Every negotiation with Schwartz and Feinsod was a pissing contest.

How exactly did he screw over the Jets? Do you guys have memory malfunctions? He was under contract, coming off of an injury and was traded to get some much needed cap space. He screwed no one when he was traded
    I consider multiple holdouts screwing over the Jets. He demanded $16 million which is insane for a cornerback and selfish. Not only that, but he bad mouthed the Jets in Tampa. We didn't save any money last year with Revis being traded, in fact the trade hurt the Jets situation. This year, we saved money.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Teams avoid players in th draft based on their agents all the time. Add in the fact that it was clear as day on hard knocks that woody hates revises representation and there you have it.
    Exactly

I remember 5-6 years ago when a lot of teams wouldn't touch a prospect represented by Drew Rosenhaus with a 10 foot pole.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No they don't. Never. 1st off, players change agents from draft time to signing time. Just as Geno did. You pass on a player because youre afraid of the agent you should move to another line of work. 2ndly, the player is ultimately the one who makes the demands, the agent is the messenger. How may other players have been pains in the asses like Revis with these two?

Hall Of Fame
    No they don't. Never. 1st off, players change agents from draft time to signing time. Just as Geno did. You pass on a player because youre afraid of the agent you should move to another line of work. 2ndly, the player is ultimately the one who makes the demands, the agent is the messenger. How may other players have been pains in the asses like Revis with these two?
    Vincent Jackson comes immediately to mind. I also remember the pats a few years ago passing on someone based on their representation, I'm going to look into it later.