DT-T.J Barnes
    WR-Michael Campbell
    CB-Ras-I Dowling
    DT-Tevita Finau
    C-Dalton Freeman
    LB-Tim Fugger
    WR-Dwight Jones
    S-Rontez Miles

I will not speculate about what happens in camp.

Here is who I do not think will be on the team when camp starts:

TE-Jeff Cumberland UFA - Buh-bye
    G-Willie Colon UFA - Buh-bye
    OL-Vladimir Ducasse UFA - Buh-bye
    QB-David Garrard - cut, cut, cut!!!!!!!
    WR-Santonio Holmes - cut, cut, cut!!!!!!!
    P-Ryan Quigley - cut, cut, cut!!!!!!!
    S-Ed Reed - cut, cut, cut!!!!!!!
    S-Dawan Landry - cut, cut, cut!!!!!!!

Sanchez would have to take a pay cut and win a job in training camp but otherwise I think everyone else is good enough and / or cheap enough to make it to training camp. Hopefully we can upgrade more players / positions but losing the above players would be addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post

Sanchez would have to take a pay cut and win a job in training camp but otherwise I think everyone else is good enough and / or cheap enough to make it to training camp. Hopefully we can upgrade more players / positions but losing the above players would be addition by subtraction.
    Neither Cumberland nor Reed is going anywhere, now that Rex is being retained.

The three players that will need to be cut for cap purposes are obvious, Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie.

It will not suprise me, now that Rayan is being retained, to see Sanchez cut, and resigned later to a #2 cap-dollar deal, if no other #1 offers come his way.

Cro may get a long-term-cap-killer-in-2017 type deal from us.

Only Holmes would suprise me if he was kept in any way.

I think some fans may end up dissapointed that the changes, especially at the O-skill positions, won;t be as dramatic, or as wholesale, as they may think.

New #1, Kerley, Hill & Nelson are very likely your 2014 WR starters. Cumberland, Junior and a rookie your TE's. Powell and Ivory your RB's. And Geno, of course, the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Neither Cumberland nor Reed is going anywhere, now that Rex is being retained.

The three players that will need to be cut for cap purposes are obvious, Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie.

It will not suprise me, now that Rayan is being retained, to see Sanchez cut, and resigned later to a #2 cap-dollar deal, if no other #1 offers come his way.

Cro may get a long-term-cap-killer-in-2017 type deal from us.

Only Holmes would suprise me if he was kept in any way.

I think some fans may end up dissapointed that the changes, especially at the O-skill positions, won;t be as dramatic, or as wholesale, as they may think.

New #1, Kerley, Hill & Nelson are very likely your 2014 WR starters. Cumberland, Junior and a rookie your TE's. Powell and Ivory your RB's. And Geno, of course, the QB.
    How much do you want to bet that the Jets will have two new WRs?

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How much do you want to bet that the Jets will have two new WRs?
    I wouldn't bet, because there is every likelyhood we'll have "two new WR's" on the roster.

Who will start is the question.

Will the team now sell on Hill? Perhaps, he's certainly been a dissapointment.

If they do, if he's cut or demoted to #4 or #5 (despite not playing special teams), then yes, two new starters is possible.

It's also possible, IMO, that we'll start 1 new WR, Kerley and Nelson.

We'll have to see. Of our WR's, only Kerley is good enough to play IMO, but we'll just have to see.

I wouldn't bet, because there is every likelyhood we'll have "two new WR's" on the roster.

If they do, if he's cut or demoted to #4 or #5 (despite not playing special teams), then yes, two new starters is possible.

We'll have to see. Of our WR's, only Kerley is good enough to play IMO, but we'll just have to see.
    The Jets are going to bring in two WRs with the intention that each of them are going to start on the outside at some point.

Kerley is NOT an outside receiver. So, the idea that he'll be the #2 is quite ridiculous.

The Jets are going to bring in two WRs with the intention that each of them are going to start on the outside at some point.

Kerley is NOT an outside receiver. So, the idea that he'll be the #2 is quite ridiculous.
    I'd say that thinking being on the outside vs. the slot is what defines a "#1" vs. a "#3" is whats rediculous.

I'd say that thinking being on the outside vs. the slot is what defines a "#1" vs. a "#3" is whats rediculous.
    So you think the Jets are going to start Nelson and rookie/FA outside?

All the linemen except Brick and Mangold are at risk, especially the back ups.. The only keepers at WR are Kerley, Nelson and Hill (too young and high draft to cut yet). Bohanun at risk if someone better shows up, he is only average. Alex Green at risk. Cumberland and Winslow good enough, but can be moved down the depth chart for a real play maker. Sanchez gets a job throwing in the NFL, but its only throwing T-shirts into the stands.

On defense, the secondary has the issues. Reed at risk. Wilson and Chromartie get pay cuts.The secondary roster is pretty much open to competition.

The second string is open to competition all over the roster, WR and OL the weakest links.The second string front seven on defense is the strongest.

Kerley has actually been playing quite a bit on the outside with Nelson playing in the slot. Nelson, for a bigger WR, is a good slot guy as he has good feel for route running and finding holes in the coverage. He is an excellent complimentary WR to Kerley and hopefully someone with explosiveness via the draft or FA.

As for who stays/goes. I hope cumberland is gone, but I can't see why we would get rid of colon. It is a huge advantage for us to bring back the entire starting OLine if we resign him and howard. I was shocked at how well winters played today - there were numerous instances where he chipped a lineman with mangold and got to the second level, thats quite a big step for him. Getting these guys a full offseason together (colon had never played RG before) would be great for the offense in 2014.

Offensively I think ducasse, schaulderaf, winslow, cumberland, holmes, alex green, salas, chris pantale, and garrard will be gone.

Defensively I really hope that Cro is not retained - its not about money, its about finding a better player. He simply is not quick enough to stay with a good WR at this point in his career.

After that I can see kyle wilson, bellore, and ras-i-dowling being gone.

All season long I am hearing that Geno is not to blame because the OL can't block and he has no one to throw the ball to.

Now you guys are saying that we bring back Cumberland and Colon without bringing in starting caliber offensive players in free agency.

Our offense has been mediocre at best.

Somethings have to change now that we have the cap space and draft pics to do something about it.

Being a Jet fan does not mean that you have to be a fan of every player lucky enough to find a spot on our current roster.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsrule128 View Post
    G-Willie Colon
    CB-Antonio Cromartie
    LB-Jermaine Cunningham
    OL-Vladimir Ducasse
    QB-David Garrard
    RB-Alex Green
    WR-Saalim Hakim
    LB-David Harris - if it would save $$
    WR-Santonio Holmes
    T-Ben Ijalana - why was he on the roster yet inactive every single game???
    S-Dawan Landry
    LB-Calvin Pace - I know he had a great year, but he's not getting any younger.
    TE-Zach Sudfeld
    CB-Kyle Wilson
    TE-Kellen Winslow
    WR-Michael Campbell - beating a dead horse- not even on the PS!!!!

MARK SANCHEZ- FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!
    Clyde Gates- injured
    ^- who I'd like to see gone.
    Last edited by SizzleBear287; 01-03-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    ^- who I'd like to see gone.
    Cut Harris to save $ so we can do what with it?

You don't can't won't cut a player to save money if you replace him with thin air.

Hall Of Fame
    You can have 90 men on the roster heading into training camp.

yeah it's really bad. Even kerley in my book is nothing more than a 3 or 4. a #2? OMG.

I really hope we get 2 new starters and the rest can fight it out for 3,4,5.

We also need a new TE.

I want a WR in the draft, a FA like Decker, and a TE in the draft. And if a good Goodson type is found somewhere bring him in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post

I think keeping Sanchez will divide the locker room. We can have that happen.